[REMOVE ADS]

Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 57 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...what snow???

Looks like the Quizz managed to win a game. They have the talent but just haven't put it together yet. Keep hope alive.

And now, we have snow on top of the snow that didn't melt that fell on top of the snow that didn't melt that fell on top of the snow that never melted before that. But the good news is that we're expected to break cold snap next Monday when it gets up to 40°. I might just wear shorts that day.

And guess what, Jerry? More snow coming. And you just might get some, R&B.....so you better get out in that shed & bring some of your stash in the house. Ya might need it.

Yeah, we're looking at another 1-2" in the next couple of days. Even if we get our 40° day on Monday, the ground's going to be so cold that the 10" or so of snow on the ground won't melt. But the good news is that God woke me up today, so anything else is just background noise. Let's pray for tomorrow before we worry about what it's going to be like.

Amen to you , Jerry!!!!!!!! And I'll throw in some good health!!!!
    It's snowing here, quite hard. Not sure what we'll get today.
    I'm not sure if you saw/read the interview with Steelers GM Kevin Colbert. He says there is nothing to report on discussions with Rothlisberger. As he puts it: "all I can say is that Ben remains a Pittsburgh Steeler." Hmmm....gotta wonder. Rooney had said earlier it's gotta be "restructure or retire." If Rothlisberger thinks that he, at [[soon to be 39) i worth all that $$ at this stage of his career then he's got his head in the ground.

Ben's not going anywhere. But the team's posture is exactly why I told you I side 100% with players in labor situations. I'll never forget Dan Gilbert trashing LeBron for being "disloyal" when his contract ran out and he signed with the Heat. Before LeBron's decision, Gilbert fired GM Danny Ferry and Coach Mike Brown, thinking that the transactions would sway LeBron to stay in Cleveland. Cleveland had back-to-back 60 win seasons the prior two years and he still fired them in addition to making multiple cuts and trades of players who were supposedly under contract. Who the *heck* is he to call somebody "disloyal"?

The Steelers have a good management group, but Dan Gilbert telling Ben that his contract is too big to bring him back is why I back any player who thinks his contract is too small to continue playing. They may not have the leverage that they think they have but it's their life and their finances and since you only go through life once, do it on your terms.

Since I am not a basketball follower I had no idea what happened between Gilbert/LeBron. The players have a limited time to play. Therefore they have to make what they can for their financial future. I get what you're saying. Look at Albert Haynesworth [[remember him?). That one GREAT contract set him up for life. But, I have no idea how much of that $$$ is left. The NFLPA should hire Marshawn Lynch to lecture all teams about squandering their $$.

As far as Ben is concerned: there's too much right now on Twitter one way or another. I think I just have to shut it out until what really happens.

Years ago, a third-year player for the Falcons named Harry Douglas gave a lecture at the NFL's rookie symposium. He stood in front of the newbies blinged out and spoke for awhile before asking them if they wanted to get their first paychecks so they could buy jewelry like his. A bunch of them started cheering before he took it all off, explaining that it was all fake. He asked them why they would spend a lot of money on bling when nobody in the crowd could tell the difference between the real stuff and fake. I always respected him for that but wonder how many listened. Every year, you hear about somebody being robbed of jewelry costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just a couple weeks ago, a current player and his family were stopped and robbed on the way home from the airport.

One out of six of them go bankrupt. It's sad to see them waste their opportunities but a lot of them never earned or learned to respect loot before they got a big bag of it. And unfortunately, so many of them believe their careers will last forever when most will be out of the league after three years. Spending everything you make in your first couple of years might be spending all that you will ever make in the game.

Hey jerry,you know that i ain't fallin for that little win streak,them nodefenseplayingoodfornothinbums will still go on a losing streak,before they win three more games, no confidence in em...n-o-n-e!!!

Four in a row [[against the Celtics, Rockets, Trailblazers and Nuggets). Looks the Quizards are figuring things out from where I'm sitting.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa,yep,they're gonna figure it out alright after labron hangs fifty on em tonight.

**Cough Cough**
    Wizards win 5th straight, hold off Lakers 127-124 in OT

1:02 AM ET
    AP
    LOS ANGELES -- — Bradley Beal scored six of his 33 points on three consecutive possessions late in overtime, and the Washington Wizards extended their longest winning streak in three years to five straight with a 127-124 victory over the slumping Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.

Russell Westbrook scored six of his 32 points in overtime for the Wizards, who rallied from a 17-point deficit in the second half. Washington then took advantage of a missed free throw by LeBron James late in regulation and went on to its first win over the Lakers at Staples Center since March 2017.

"It feels different, in a great way," Beal said of the Wizards' impressive five-game run against Boston, Houston, Denver, Portland and the Lakers. "It feels great, but at the same time, we still haven't done a damn thing. We realize that, and we keep telling each other that. We've still got bad habits we need to break, but we don't discount what we did."

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope hit a 3-pointer with 36 seconds left in overtime to trim the Wizards' lead to 125-124. Westbrook made a layup before missing a free throw, but James and Kyle Kuzma missed late 3s before the buzzer.

"It's been tough, but we've been sticking together," Westbrook said of the Wizards, who started the season 6-17. "That's the main thing. If you get caught up with everything else going on, teams and players tend to come apart, but we've been sticking together and communicating on how to become a better team, and it's been paying off for us."

James had 31 points, 13 assists and nine rebounds for the Lakers, who struggled in the second half of their fourth loss in five games.

After carrying the Lakers back in the fourth quarter, James made a tying layup with 9.8 seconds left in regulation, but missed the ensuing free throw to put LA ahead. Beal missed a long jumper at the buzzer.

Montrezl Harrell had a season-high 26 points and nine rebounds for the defending NBA champions, who have lost three straight for the first time this season — not coincidentally during three consecutive games without Anthony Davis and Dennis Schröder.

"It takes a whole team to collectively get wins, and right now we have two of our main rotation guys out," said Kuzma, who had 14 points. "Obviously there's no excuses. You don't want to lose to an under-.500 team like that, but this is the NBA and anybody can win. We just have to figure it out."

Davis missed his fourth straight game, and the All-NBA big man is out for at least three more weeks with a calf injury. Schröder will miss at least one more game under the NBA's health and safety protocols.

TIP-INS

Wizards: Washington hadn't won even four consecutive games since its last five-game winning streak in February 2018. ... Former Lakers C Moe Wagner had six points, and former Lakers swingman Isaac Bonga didn't play.

Lakers: Marc Gasol converted a four-point play in the first quarter. He finished with seven points in 27 minutes. ... Caldwell-Pope scored 21 points.

THE KING'S MINUTES

The 36-year-old James played over 43 minutes during the Lakers' fourth overtime game in 17 days, all of them at home against teams with losing records.

James is third in the NBA in total minutes, with over 200 more than anyone else on the Lakers' roster. He insists the workload doesn't bother him, even after learning he'll have to go to the All-Star Game instead of resting up.

"It's something I've done before," James said. "I can continue to do it, but I would much rather us be whole."

UP NEXT

Wizards: At the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401267639

See Jerry? Only one I know in your previous email is LBJ. The Ohio connection.
    Steelers restructured Heyward's contract. They keep whittling at that cap space.
    More articles lately on the possibility of Ben's "retire or release." Rumor of getting
    Aaron Jones from GB but I think whomever started that rumor is really on drugs or
    on Mars.

Jerry i ain't buyin it,remember that davis didn't play...the clippers tonight and they're at full health,they won't take the gizzards lightly!!

I'm buying it. Every team has players who are hurt right now. You just have to believe. Now, say it with me:

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    See Jerry? Only one I know in your previous email is LBJ. The Ohio connection.
    Steelers restructured Heyward's contract. They keep whittling at that cap space.
    More articles lately on the possibility of Ben's "retire or release." Rumor of getting
    Aaron Jones from GB but I think whomever started that rumor is really on drugs or
    on Mars.
    Falcons let go of a seven-year starter at free safety. We're still something like $20 million over the cap. With a new coach and GM, we're really close to just resetting and undergoing a full rebuild.

Pittsburgh isn't going to cut Big Ben, by the way. They have no options for replacing him, short of rebuilding the team. They're not going to get a better QB in the draft or free agency. He already said that he'd renegotiate but if I had to guess, he's willing to take less loot this year for another couple of years on his deal and they probably don't want to extend him.

But mark my words: He will be under center in September.

Editor's note: I've been known to be wrong, so don't hold me to this prediction.

**By the way: A reporter just put this on Twitter after a conversation with Ben's agent**

OK.........so they do. It certainly can't be about $$$ so what then? Ego & the desire to play. I guess he wants to go out winning a Super Bowl but I doubt it'll happen. Ben's immobility is gonna hurt him....unless, of course he gets the strongest OLine in the NFL. There's only 1 freak of nature in the NFL & it's called Tom Brady.

Sounds to me like they want to make their roster cuts and contract extensions to get a better idea about their cash situation before renegotiating. They'll probably get as much as they can from other maneuvers and then explain how much they need from him. It won't take long because free agency starts in 19 days. I'd expect him to resign by March 10 so they can have at least 5 days to figure out who they're going to target with their cap space. The thing with Ben will be how much he'll cut from his salary vs how many more years they'll add.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    i'm buying it. Every team has players who are hurt right now. You just have to believe. Now, say it with me:
    i do know the gizards are gonna choke..i do,i do, i do.......

*Welp* The Quiz beat my 2nd favorite team, Denver. That's six out of seven. Wins over some good teams, too [[Nuggets [[twice), Lakers, Blazers, Celtics). Believe it or not, you have the second hottest team in the NBA right now.

I absolutely dislike the time between the Super Bowl to draft day. You have to have a revolving head [[see Linda Blair in "The Exorcist") to keep track of all the rumors that
    agents/teams/sportswriters are spinning. The latest? Steelers trade up to get QB from N Dakota [[I think). Noooo.
    And did either of you see what the dead cap both Seahawks/Texans would incur if they traded Wilson & Watson? Yowza!!!!!

I don't think that either-watson or wilson is going anywhere.

Not with the dead cap each team would have to deal with, R&B. No team in their right mind would. JJ Watt keeps everyone guessing where he'll end up. Maybe Green Bay/Chicago? His wife is in Chicago, he grew up in Wisconsin....so who knows?

That's why the Rams got some much in exchange for Goff. His hit was prohibitive to let him go in a player-for-player trade. Matt Ryan's contract would leave the Falcons with a $40 million cap hit, which is exactly why he isn't going anywhere this year, whether we draft his successor or not. And I agree, neither Russ nor Watson are leaving. Watson's been missing from the Texans but I don't see him missing time and costing himself $2.5 million a game. He doesn't need the loot but that would be stupid.

And moe, the asking price to move up to get Trey Lance [[with Miami's #3, for instance) would be too much. Trading up from 24 to the top of the draft is a difference of more than 1,400 points on the trade value chart. Pittsburgh's entire draft capital calculates out to just over 1,300 points. In other words, you'd likely have to trade every pick this year and a first or second round pick next year. That ain't happening.

I could see you staying put and drafting Bama's Mac Jones at #24.

I could see that, too, Jerry. I am literally astounded at how much $$ is involved.
    I didn't realize until recently how the supposed "franchise QB's" are playing musical teams, or are trying to. Wilson's statement: "I don't want to get hit anymore" made me ask then why don't the teams improve their OLines? I do know that in 9 years Wilson is the most sacked QB ever [[even more then Ben).

I didn't realize that until recently. A lot of it is because of how mobile he is though. He's always played with fullbacks and physical backs so he could have stayed in the pocket and probably taken fewer hits. Ben is going to wind up like Mike Webster from all of the hits that he's taken. And you're right about the offensive line. Atlanta's offensive line is never good for more than a season. Last year, Miami drafted three OL and all three wound up starting by end of season. That bodes well for the future.

JJ Watt signs a 2 year deal with the Arizona Cardinals for $31 million. No more hearing all 3 brothers will play for the Steelers.

God bless him. Wonder what factored most in his decision to play in the desert?

*Welp* The WFT will have coed dancers instead of an all-female dance team. I won't form an opinion until I see how the guys look in pantyhose, knee high boots and mini-skirts.

Okay, that was a joke. But I'm surprised that the NFL hasn't forced Daniel Snyder to sell the team. The cheerleader scandal was bad enough but there have been several instances of unprofessional and inappropriate actions under his watch. I should print and sell "WTF, WFT?" shirts.

I totally agree with you, Jerry. I have to wonder how many suits have been quietly settled with a NDA. Snyder is pure scum [[although he might be a good businessman, I don't know). They forced Jerry Richardson to sell the Panthers & it seems WFT may be worse.

On another note.......I found out 2 days ago that if the Steelers don't sign Bud Dupree at least Bud is driving out in style. He just bought a black Rolls Royce with red trim. I think we'll need a spreadsheet to keep track of players once the season starts.

Well, it's been announced the Steelers just signed Ben Rothlisberger for 2021. I do not
    know the details yet.

Some Benformation:
    Ben Roethlisberger signs with Pittsburgh Steelers for 2021 NFL seasonplay

1:13 PM ET
    Brooke Pryor
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is officially back with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the 2021 NFL season, the team announced Thursday.

The Steelers did not disclose the terms, but a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Roethlisberger willingly reduced his pay to $14 million from $19 million in this final year of his contract and spread the cash payment through 2022. The move lowers the team's salary-cap hit by more than $15 million.

"It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization," Roethlisberger said in a statement issued by the team. "I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go."

Roethlisberger was previously under contract for the 2021 season, although the team made it clear he could not return with the $41.2 million cap hit.

"We are excited we were able to come to an agreement with Ben Roethlisberger on a new contract for him to return to the Steelers in 2021," general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. "We know that Ben can still play at a high level and do special things for this team. Our goal remains the same -- to put together a roster that will compete for another championship. We are happy that Ben will be one of our leaders to help us accomplish that goal."

Roethlisberger, who turned 39 earlier this week, threw 33 touchdowns and 10 interceptions last season, his first after major elbow surgery following a season-ending injury in Week 2 of the 2019 season.

He attempted 608 passes in the 2020 season -- tied for the second-highest total of his career -- and maintained throughout the season that his elbow felt fine and wasn't affecting his on-field performance, though dismal halves against the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and even the Cleveland Browns suggested otherwise at times.

Still, Roethlisberger showed an ability to stretch the field late in the season, upping his average air yards per attempt from 6 yards to 8 yards for the final three games.

After the season, Roethlisberger said he hoped the Steelers would want him back if he opted to return rather than retiring. Team president Art Rooney II and Colbert made it clear in offseason interviews and statements that Roethlisberger could not come back on his current contract but that they wanted the quarterback to return for one more season -- as long as they could free up money to field a competitive team around the quarterback.

With Roethlisberger's deal, the Steelers are close to cap-compliant for the start of the new league year on March 17.

Although Roethlisberger's restructured contract reduces his cap hit, the team still faces a difficult task in re-signing any of its 19 unrestricted free agents, including receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and linebacker Bud Dupree.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-2021-season

A $5 million pay cut? Made it sound like nothing at all. Wow! I think he really wants 1 more year then done. Like I said before: there is only 1 who defies everything & that's Tom Brady. I am not in favor of this because he's not mobile enough [[compared to other QB's) but I am in no position to say anything except #Here We Go!!

Now, now Rooney, Colbert can start figuring out the rest of the free agents.

There are rumors circulating that there will be a whole lot of cuts next week thanks to the salary cap shrinking. The right team is going to be able to really clean up if they can convince enough quality players to sign together to get a ring. Atlanta's $20 million over the cap; Miami is $30 million under it and some think they're trying to make a package to get DeShaun Watson.

For the record: I hope we don't. I really think Tua is going to make the leap this season and we'll be better with 5 top 90 picks and Tua than with Watson minus most of that.

The Quizards are up to 14-20 after beating the Clippers. That leaves them two games out of the final playoff spot going into the break. And they're only getting better.

Steelers now offered 1 yr deal to LC Hasseneauer, who was their backup center this past season. I agree, Jerry; it has been rumored that it's really going to be an "open season" for all free agents. Musical teams........

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The Quizards are up to 14-20 after beating the Clippers. That leaves them two games out of the final playoff spot going into the break. And they're only getting better.
    JERRY,JERRY...THEY AREN'T GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS...[if these bums make the playoffs-I'll shave my legs, and ride a four wheeled tricycle to outer mongolia]OH AND BY THE WAY,WHEN THEY RETURN TO ACTION THIS IS WHO THEY FACE...MEMPHIS[A LOSS]...PHILLY[A LOSS]...THE BUCKS[A BIG LOSS,THE GREEK FREAK WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY]THIS BUNCH HAS NO STAYING POWER AND A COACH WHO CAN'T GET THROUGH...OH AND I ALREADY REGRET WALL LEAVING...WESTBROOK IS THROUGH[and don't get geeked up on those little triple doubles,dude can't hit free throws]...YOU STAND A BETTER CHANCE OF A HEALTHY MEAL AT GRADY'S THAN THIS BUNCH GOING ANYWHERE!!!

You're going to be pinching yourself a lot soon. In the last month, they've beaten the Clippers, Lakers, Celtics, Blazers and Nuggets [[twice). Not exactly chicken salad in that group.

Nope,nope nope ain't goin for it,memphis with those fast young guns are gonna come out blazin and the gizzards are gonna say...wha happened!!

Hey jerry,what did i tell ya, did you see what philly did to them gizzards last night? And they get to play the bucks tonight,it'll be awhile before they get a win...told you!

Give me five points and I'm taking the Generals - errr - I mean, Washington against the Bucks. If the ball bounces right, they'll win tonight.

I see you two are discussing NBA. That's great........because until the NFL season starts on March 17 there's really not much major news. Steelers signed a few but it's amusing to notice that Dupree, Hilton, Williams [[among them) have removed their profile pics in their Steelers uniforms. Stay tuned!

Nothing big will happen in the NFL until March 17, when free agency begins. Teams have already started purging contracts, especially for a lot of really good linemen. If somebody can land 2 or 3 of them, a team can go from average to very good in a hurry. Since the salary cap has been lowered, a lot of people speculate that good players will be signed for a very reasonable price.

I agree, Jerry. Biggest question is JuJu. Frankly, I'm tired of it all. I told 1 of the Steelers players who is a free agent: go for financial security.....you have a family." Believe it or not, he has responded to me several times, stating he agrees & appreciates my honesty.

Bud Dupree to the Titans......big loss for us. Matt Feiler to the Chargers....no big loss. Feiler was just plain awful this past season. Steelers did sign Cam Sutton. Curious to see what happens to Mike Hilton, our nickel back.

All in all those signing numbers are eye popping.

Jerry, how did your team fare so far??

LOL. I haven't checked today but yesterday was a very quiet day for both squads. Atlanta didn't lose anybody or sign anybody. Miami lost Davon Godchaux, a backup DT to New England for a ridiculous amount and signed a punter and a fullback.

Miami has a ton of cap space and I think they're waiting for the initial run to settle down before trying to load up on second-tier edge rushers, linebacker, guard and maybe a runningback. Atlanta is still $16 million over the cap and needs to cut a few players in order to sign one or two. Dolphins are rebuilding; Falcons need to rebuild.

If I never told you, I'm a Falcons fan but also like Miami nearly as much. I was a Dolphins fan right after the merger and even though I became a Falcons fan in ~1978, I never stopped liking the Fins. With that being said, it's been a dull tampering period for fans of both teams but I expect significant adds to be made closer to the weekend.

Bud Dupree signed by the Titans a 5yr $85mil contract with a guarrantee of $35mil.
    Gee, I guess Big Bud needs some cash to pay off his new Rolls Royce.

But,,,,,,,,how bout the Patriots? It's like they backed up the Brinks truck & just threw the money out. I guess Bellicheat doesn't like NOT being in the playoffs. And looks like he's going back to the 2 TE.

Trent Williams is still out there. There's the guy who'll get a BIG payday.

And JuJu? Still out there as of this posting.

JuJu's going to get a long look and a pass from a lot of teams. And the Pats can spend as much as they want and it'll prove the same thing: Tom Brady is the reason for the dynasty in Foxboro. Teams that splurge on FA seldom wind up being contenders and half of their free agent signings wind up being released or traded within two years. Miami just signed Kyle Van Noy and Shaw Lawson last season and Van Noy has been cut, Lawson has been traded a year later.