I'm a Mets fan, so you know that the first thing that comes to mind is the Red Sox losing game 6 when Bill Buckner had the ball scoot between his legs. The Mets steamrolled them the next game to win their last series back in the '80s. But don't ask me about stinging defeats when I've had the worst of the worst to my own teams. To wit:

#5: The 2008 Mets, led by manager Willie Randolph, held a 3.5-game lead in the NL East, and with only 17 games to go, New York looked like a sure thing. However, the Metropolitans won just seven of the remaining contests to blow the division lead.What's worse is the Mets had also choked the previous year, becoming the first team ever to blow a 3.5-game lead in consecutive Septembers, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

#4: The Monday Night Miracle was an NFL Monday night game between the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins played at Giants Stadium on October 23, 2000. The Jets scored 30 points in the fourth quarter, twice tying the score, and sending the game into overtime, where they defeated the Dolphins, 40–37.

#3: The 1980 Atlanta Falcons season was the Falcons 15th season. It was the first season division title in franchise history. After a 3-3 start the Falcons went on a nine-game winning streak as Quarterback Steve Bartkowski has a career season passing for 3,544 yards while connecting on 31 Touchdown passes, as the Falcons won their first ever division Championship. The Falcons, would earn home field throughout the playoffs. Playing before 60,022 fans at Fulton County Stadium the Falcons lead the Dallas Cowboys 24-10 in the 4th Quarter. However, the Cowboys would score 20 points to stun the Falcons 30-27.

#2: In 2016, Villanova defeated UNC on a game-winning three-point shot at the buzzer by Kris Jenkins to win the NCAA Championship by a final score of 77–74, winning their second NCAA championship. UNC had recovered from a 10-point deficit in the final five minutes to tie the game on an off-balance, double-clutch three-point shot that passed through the net with 4.7 seconds left, leaving the Wildcats one last chance to clinch a victory before overtime. Kris Jenkins inbounded the ball to four-year team captain Ryan Arcidiacono, who dribbled down court, passed the ball and set a bubble screen to assist Jenkins' game-winning shot.

#1: Super Bowl LI. 'Nuff said.

Sigh... I don't even know why I follow sports anymore.