[REMOVE ADS]

A Sad legacy for Female Entertainers...

a strong presence in my dj shows is female empowerment..many female artists i admire and inspire my work have had partners who have physically assaulted them..heres the list - Madonna [[bound to a chair by husband Sean Penn,beaten and raped with an object)..Mariah Carey [[violent assault by husband Tommy Mottola) Aaliyah [[urinated on my R Kelly) Rihanna [[face beaten by Chris Brown) Lauryn hill [[beaten in an auckland hotel room in 1996 by WyClef) Tori Amos & Courtney love [[both beaten by Trent Reznaoir) Robin Givens [[nearly thrown off a balcony by Mike Tyson) Stevie Nicks [[assaulted on stage in New Zealand by Lindsey Buckingham circa 1982) Tina Turner [[Ike..no words) Pamela Anderson [[assaulted and spat on by husband) Whitney Houston [[assaulted by partner & assistant Robyn Crawford..spat on in front of daughter by Bobby Brown he also smashed a champagne glass in her face on a yatch and she needed surgery) Dusty Springfield [[long violent relationship with female partner in the 1970s)Billie Holiday [[so many men beat her) Nina Simone [[same) Florence Ballard [[beaten by husband Tommy chapman) Tammi Terrel [[beaten by James brown & David Ruffin) Joan Collins [[beaten by first husband & tried to sell her as a prostitute) Mary wilson [[beaten by husband)..Bette Midler [[beaten by manager/partner Aaron russo)..and the lists goes on a shocking,deplorable indictment of how these women who are succesful,loved by men yet abused by men..now some postives - the women who have no history/documentation of violence/abuse - Diana ross,Beyonce,Barbra striesand,Annie Lennox,Kate bush,Mary j Blige,Nicki Minaj,Cher,Joan baez..some really needs to write a book about all this..the younger generation at my dj gigs I want to take strength,courage & emancipation from these ladies I play at my dj gigs..history is there for us to learn from

oh I forgot - Janet jackson [[beaten by husband Renee) La Toya jackson [[beaten and nearly strangled by husband/manager Jack Gordon) Judy Garland [[Beaten by two husbands)..the list just goes on...

Oh my, very sad. It's amazing what they went through and that they still managing to form successful recording careers.

nomis, you are a DJ? Nice!

to which you should add Aretha Franklin too,..
    Last edited by waynesville; 11-13-2016 at 12:14 PM.