[REMOVE ADS]

The cubs do it!!

By now most know but the curse has been broken[108yrs]and the chicago cubs are champs,how bout dat.

I watched the game last night. It had it all. Even a brief rain delay. I suppose in a way I was pulling for the Indians since I have always been an American League guy. But the Cubs were more deserving in terms of the number of years since the last World Series win. So, in a way, I couldn't lose. The game was historic and the Cubbies pulled it off. Besides, I have a group of friends that are called the Chicago Mob. Right here on this forum. So I don't want to rile these guys. Yay Cubs............

I'm gonna miss the shot of a guy sitting in the outfield on opening day with a sign that said:

"Wait'll Next Year".

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've been a Cubs fan since 1951, Chicago being my main connection to USA and US baseball until 1959, when we moved to Chicago. They were TERRIBLE all the way to 1958, and then only mediocre until 1962-64. They had last won The NL Pennant the year before I was born, and blew their great chances to win in 1964 and 1986. FINALLY, they've become World Champs, after I reach 70+ years old, after being a fan since I was 4! At least The Sox won the pennant in 1959 and The World Series in 2005.

But, NOW, for dessert, I need The Jets to win The Stanley Cup, The Blue Bombers to win The Grey Cup, and Oranje [[Dutch National Voetbal team) to win The World Cup, and next Olympic Championship!
    Last edited by robb_k; 11-03-2016 at 09:25 PM.

I lived and died with the old[washington senators]as a kid i just loved the game and didn't really care about them being competitive...[besides who could beat the yankees?]my heart was broken when they left in[71]but now i'm all grown up and love the[nationals]and being all grown up i expect them to win and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I lived and died with the old[washington senators]as a kid i just loved the game and didn't really care about them being competitive...[besides who could beat the yankees?]my heart was broken when they left in[71]but now i'm all grown up and love the[nationals]and being all grown up i expect them to win and soon.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Washington Senators who left Washington in 19771, to become The Texas Rangers, were NOT The "Old" Washington Senators! They were The "New" Washington Senators! The "Old" Washington Senators of Walter Johnson, Goose Goslin, Mickey Vernon and Harmon Killibrew, left Washington to become The Minnesota Twins after the 1960 season. They were replaced by a "new" Senators' franchise that featured Frank Howard and Chuck Hinton, that lasted only 11 years from 1961-71.

I thought it was interesting that The Senators of the 1939s and '40s, changed their name from Senators to Nationals near the beginning of The 1950s, and changed it back to Senators in the late '50s.

Yes i know robb,i mean that they were my team as a kid,i remember camillo pascaul and harmon killibrew as well as five years after the original senators left they played in the world series[1965]losing to the dodgers,the new senators had some good players though but not much pitching[claude osteen-pete richert-dick bosman-joe coleman jr.]but those guys went elsewhere and shined,they had eddie brinkman at shortstop and mike epstein at first who both got traded as well as the very good don lock in center and paul casanova who thought that he was a power hitter[he wasn't]bad ownership killed that team.