[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    sophisticated_soul the people that are out to spread hate and violence towards others have always been a part of America. Things seemed to have changed, but now we see that it was only on the surface.
    Yes, they have always been there. The difference now is they are emboldened by the support of the President [[elect) of the United States.

Your heart and your head tells you to keep fighting but Jerry is right, we're getting old and having to fight for rights that are GOD given, over and over and over...having to take two steps forward just to be knocked back four, is wearing me and I'm sure others down.

M, sometimes I think I couldn't feel any more worn down than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    M, sometimes I think I couldn't feel more worn down than I do.
    x's a million and one!

^LOL!!!! I love that you 'get' me.

^LOL!!!! I love that you 'get' me.
    I've made friends on this board that will last a lifetime and you're one of them. AND YOU KNOW THIS. smooches

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I've made friends on this board that will last a lifetime and you're one of them. AND YOU KNOW THIS. smooches
    M, the feeling is very mutual, AND YOU KNOW THAT! Love You Bunches, JOsEph

They are behaving like that at that age because their parents have taught them to hate! We all were that age once. My parents NEVER taught us hate of any kind.
    I read a tweet where five-year olds were chanting "Build the wall!" toward their Mexican playmates on a kindergarten playground.

Welcome to tomorrow, y'all.

Yes, they have always been there. The difference now is they are emboldened by the support of the President [[elect) of the United States.
    We still have laws that even Donald Trump must obey. I know that is of very little comfort based on what we have seen in recent years with police shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I read a tweet where five-year olds were chanting "Build the wall!" toward their Mexican playmates on a kindergarten playground.

The kids at a Middle School in Royal Oak, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit we chanting the same thing. That is the part that is truly sad.

Welcome to yesterday you mean..............

M, the feeling is very mutual, AND YOU KNOW THAT! Love You Bunches, JOsEph
    Get a room, you two. LOL.

Welcome to yesterday you mean..............
    Maybe. But yesterday, teachers or school administrators would have stepped in to suspend or otherwise discipline those kids. Today, I'm not hearing about any repercussions for them behaving like little assholes. It's also happening in middle schools, high schools, and college campuses in every state.

You can only push something so hard before it falls down. Something tells me this is going to end very badly quite soon when somebody fights back. I read one account of a kid who had to endure insults from a crowd of White kids standing in the parking lot of a high school. When they began yelling at his friends, he was going to go outside to address them but was told by his principal that he'd be expelled if he opened the door.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    get a room, you two. Lol.
    hahahahahahaha

We still have laws that even Donald Trump must obey.
    Watch him ignore the laws.

He may try,but there are checks and balances,the very reason that the slave owners-opps-err-ahem-hehe..the founding fathers wrote the constitution was to keep one fool from going completely nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    He may try,but there are checks and balances,the very reason that the slave owners-opps-err-ahem-hehe..the founding fathers wrote the constitution was to keep one fool from going completely nuts.
    He has a congress and senate that will support everything he wants as long as he signs their bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

He has a congress and senate that will support everything he wants as long as he signs their bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
    ....what he said!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be in my bomb shelter getting drunk,waiting for the end and playing my temps records very loudly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Sorry folks but you dont hear hate for a year and then get over it in a night.

The nuts are falling out of the trees now, if my daughter were still in college and had to deal with this kind of bullshit[please excuse my french]i would either pull her out or go to jail.

This will NOT end well. If the kids being targeted start to retaliate they will be the ones thrown under the bus OR WORSE!

It seems that war is being declared,Donald DuDu has unleased his pandoras box of nuts...Obama may have to address the nation if this is the beginning of a trend and make it clear that this will not be tolerated,because we will fight back,and ain't gonna be no marching this time.

It seems that war is being declared,Donald DuDu has unleased his pandoras box of nuts...Obama may have to address the nation if this is the beginning of a trend and make it clear that this will not be tolerated,because we will fight back,and ain't gonna be no marching this time.
    I'm ALL FOR defending ourselves but let's not let words and ignorant actions cause blood to be shed.

Trump started this...he needs to address it. He wants to be a leader, well it's time for this mofo to start leading!

Heaven help us. I knew that feeling of dread in my gut was real!!!!!

You're right of course,but if your child is at school to get an education and this ignorant stuff is put in his or her face,I say Obama should speak on this because he is still President and has the authority to stop this craziness before it gets out of hand.

You're right of course,but if your child is at school to get an education and this ignorant stuff is put in his or her face,I say Obama should speak on this because he is still President and has the authority to stop this craziness before it gets out of hand.

I'm willing to listen to reason, you are willing to listen to reason but do you think these kids are? He is a great orator but exactly what authority should he use. Call in the National Guard?

This is a volatile situation and I wish I knew what could be done to stop it in a peaceful way. I can't think of one though but hell, President Obama is waaaaaaaaaaaay smarter than me so ...maybe you're on to something.

x's a million and one!
    Ms_m, eat your Wheaties! We are not as old as Bernie Sanders and he intends to fight like Hell! He is even considering another run for POTUS!
    Last edited by marv2; 11-11-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Maybe. But yesterday, teachers or school administrators would have stepped in to suspend or otherwise discipline those kids. Today, I'm not hearing about any repercussions for them behaving like little assholes. It's also happening in middle schools, high schools, and college campuses in every state.

You can only push something so hard before it falls down. Something tells me this is going to end very badly quite soon when somebody fights back. I read one account of a kid who had to endure insults from a crowd of White kids standing in the parking lot of a high school. When they began yelling at his friends, he was going to go outside to address them but was told by his principal that he'd be expelled if he opened the door.
    It sucks, but I know that it is going to get handled. I've heard people say that maybe racism will end when the older generation just simply dies out. Now I see they are leaving us with a parting gift! Kids today really have no basis whatsoever to be racist or discriminatory. Heck, even when I was a kid we were not like that.

Ms_m, eat your Wheaties! We are not as old as Bernie Sanders and he intends to fight like Hell! He is even considering another run for POTUS!
    Sorry Marv, I'm not a Sanders fan. I can appreciate many of his... I was going to be snarky but decided against it.....policy proposals and I definitely like the idea he pulled HRC a little further toward the left but beyond that, he doesn't do it for me. To be honest, no one on the Dem side was a major hit for me but I damn sure wasn't interested in anyone on the Repub side so I went with the one I thought would have a fighting chance. Oh well.

Over the past 35 plus years, people in the USA have become less intelligent and more violent on average. Since then the population has been more firmly divided into tribes.....and been circling each other....

Now one group feels more Emboldened lately after eight years of "Oppression".

There will be a spark.

The only thing preventing blood in the streets now is the weather..... and that may not be enough.

The nuts are falling out of the trees now, if my daughter were still in college and had to deal with this kind of bullshit[please excuse my french]i would either pull her out or go to jail.
    My granddaughter dealt with this her first semester at a Conservatory.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    Over the past 35 plus years, people in the USA have become less intelligent and more violent on average. Since then the population has been more firmly divided into tribes.....and been circling each other....
    Man, if you were here, I'd beat your dumb ass for saying something like that.

Okay, I stopped beating asses the day I started doing horse, so I was just kidding. But the thing that nobody remembers is that Dr. King was killed when he targeted the class system. When poor people realize that there's a whole lot more of them than those who control them, they'll realize that they have the power to change their lives by working together. Demagogues like Supreme Leader Drumpf know that if they keep us separated, order will always serve their interests.

Demagogues like Supreme Leader Drumpf know that if they keep us separated, order will always serve their interests.
    The republican party was using the divide and conquer meme as far back as the Nixon Southern Strategy...Although, I know I don't have to remind you it can also be traced back to slavery.

With the exception of working together to vote for President Obama, the immediate aftermath of 911 and pushing LBJ into signing the Civil Rights Act, trying to get people to come together [[on a wide scale) seems like an anomaly.

Trump said, he loved the uneducated, his base didn't waver, he also said he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and killed someone and his based wouldn't care. Does anyone think he was wrong?

This country becoming less intelligent and more violent on average seems quite plausible to me.

Oh and hanging out with friends today, that tribal mentally/circling each other thing was rather evident and I happen to now be living in a state that went Blue..
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-12-2016 at 03:29 PM.

"Trump said, he loved the uneducated, his base didn't waver, he also said he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and killed someone and his base wouldn't care. Does anyone think he was wrong?"

As my grandma used to say...."Proof is in the pudding".

If Bush wore Teflon......what do you call Trump's coating?

And Jerry....after that could you put on your high heels and just walk all over me.
    We're always good.

LOL. There are a few scary things about Herr Drumpf, not the least being that he is mentally ill. His lack of tact and ignorance of socially acceptable behavior suggests a man who literally believes that he is the center of the universe. He has more in common with some of the more renowned dictators than leaders of today's world.

A narcissistic compulsive liar who is simultaneously hyper-charismatic to some and remarkably repulsive to others is also frightening. His control over his followers is reminiscent of someone who I won't name for sake of propriety. To be fair, he has no problem if refugees are victims of gas attacks due to their religion, but he hasn't gassed any himself. Yet.

But speaking of YKW, another scary aspect of Adolph **derp** I meant Donald Trump is his mastery of the Big Lie. If you tell a big enough lie often enough, people are bound to believe it. George W. Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction and started two wars. If you think Drumpf won't do it, you're not paying attention. We made Chance the Gardener's evil twin the leader of the world's fulcrum with a mandate to make us all great. Ach du lieber gott!

Did you guys here about the anti protester that was shot. His injuries are not life threatening but....and so it begins....
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/1-...trump-protests

Their hands sweat,their fingers itch i'm the only one you can trust with the switch give it to me-power!!!!

You picked the wrong one, Jai:
    People moving out, people moving inWhy, because of the color of their skin
    Run, run, run but you sure can't hide

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
    Vote for me and I'll set you free
    Rap on, brother, rap on

Well, the only person talking about love thy brother is the preacher
    And it seems nobody's interested in learning but the teacher
    Segregation, determination, demonstration, integration
    Aggravation, humiliation, obligation to our nation

Ball of confusion
    Oh yeah, that's what the world is today
    Woo, hey, hey

The sale of pills are at an all time high
    Young folks walking round with their heads in the sky
    The cities ablaze in the summer time

And oh, the beat goes on

Evolution, revolution, gun control, sound of soul
    Shooting rockets to the moon, kids growing up too soon
    Politicians say more taxes will solve everything

And the band played on
    So, round and around and around we go
    Where the world's headed, nobody knows

Oh, great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to you
    Just a ball of confusion
    Oh yeah, that's what the world is today
    Woo, hey

Fear in the air, tension everywhere
    Unemployment rising fast, the Beatles new record's a gas

And the only safe place to live is on an Indian reservation
    And the band played on
    Eve of destruction, tax deduction, city inspectors, bill collectors
    Mod clothes in demand, population out of hand, suicide, too many bills
    Hippies moving to the hills, people all over the world are shouting, end the war

And the band played on
    Great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to you
    Sayin' ball of confusion
    That's what the world is today, hey, hey

Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya
    Sayin', ball of confusion
    That's what the world is today, hey, hey
    Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya.

Ball of confusion.

You got it jerry!!

Written on the back of a sign advertising Spanish-language religious services at the Episcopal Church of Our Saviour in Silver Spring, Maryland, congregation members discovered Sunday morning. The sign had also been slashed in several places, and a brick wall in the church’s memorial garden was defaced with the same slogan.The church serves a predominately Latino congregation.

Name:  5829fbe4180000f50350404d.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  39.4 KB

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/an-a...be-refreshing/

This behavior and disrespect isn't new but... buck naked pics on the internet of the US first lady elect is quite refreshing....NOT!

2020 can not get here soon enough!!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/an-a...be-refreshing/

This behavior and disrespect isn't new but... buck naked pics on the internet of the US first lady elect is quite refreshing....NOT!

2020 can not get here soon enough!!!!

There are some very sick people in this country.

Feagin recognizes that resistance to racism is also an important feature of systemic racism. Racism has never been passively accepted by those who suffer it, and so systemic racism is always accompanied by acts of resistance that might manifest as protest, political campaigns, legal battles, resisting white authority figures, and speaking back against racist stereotypes, beliefs, and language. The white backlash that typically follows resistance, like countering "black lives matter" with "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter," does the work of limiting the effects of resistance and maintaining a racist system.
    http://sociology.about.com/od/S_Inde...mic-Racism.htm

F.Y.I.
    To Whom it May Concern: I speak from a female Black perspective because I'm a Black female, any group who could be seen as “other” please don't be shy voicing your perspective as well.
    M

The mayor who commented on the derogatory comment about Mrs Obama said...

“My comment was not intended to be racist at all. I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I’m not of any way racist!
    “Again, I would like to apologize for this getting out of hand!”

The thing that ALWAYS stands out to me is the phrase [[or some variation of)...... “ people who know me” …

Why does that stand out? [[to me)

Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself two questions:

1. What is the ethnic makeup of the MAJORITY of the people YOU KNOW and the ethnic makeup of the MAJORITY of the people that KNOW YOU?

2. Who did I convince by saying, people who know me?

I just read about the racist statements from the mayor about michelle...i'm not surprised but the slut should be fired.

Their hands sweat,their fingers itch i'm the only one you can trust with the switch give it to me-power!!!!
    These last few posts have taken me down memory lane in a totally different path than I expected from this thread.

arr&bee's post reminded of the way back when days of playing Power in the van with my little grand ditties. My youngest used to sing Melvin's line through the whole song. But the quote shared here is what they used to say when they took something from one another and ran in their best Dennis Edwards impression..."give it to me!"

Here's a Related clip:

And my oldest grand quoted from Ball of Confusion in her 5th grade commencement speech.

Cute cute cute.

Cute cute cute.
    Can you guess the song?

It was a test on SDF a ways back.