[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Perri

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    lakeside,

This Perri "Anthology" has been available for several years.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    lakeside,

Ivor
    I bought it many years ago and it is wonderful of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    lakeside,

Ivor
    Oops....my bad. Oh well, maybe it'll enlighten some of those 'like me' that were unaware of the anthology.

If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, Perri is performing this Sunday November 06, 2016 at the Catalina Jazz Club.

Cool to see their anthology being brought to the attention. I remember hearing Anita Baker's "Compositions" album back then, and it was great to hear Perri's presence on various songs.

When i visited one of Anita's "Rhythm Of Life" shows, i hoped that she would bring Perri as her backup, but she presented the Ridgeway Sisters instead, which was a pleasant surprise as well.

I eventually saw Lori Perri perform with George Duke's band, somewhere around the early millenium. Among various songs, she performed "I Want You For Myself" from George's "Master Of The Game" album. Good good times.

The last time i listened to a recording with Lori was her guest appearance on the song "Get'n Over You" by a jazz keyboardist Brian Culbertson.
    Last edited by cozmic; 11-02-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Nice that this thread is bringing new [[or renewed) attention to the cd. I might pick it up myself.

I saw Perri many times when they sang backup for Anita. She used to bring them forward to sing FALL IN LOVE, and they always received a good response. During Anita's COMPOSITIONS tour, in addition to doing backup, they were also her opening act and put on a very good show.

Later, I saw Lori in concert along with Al Jarreau and Rachelle Ferrell. The last time I saw her, she was singing gospel on TV One.

Awesome reese, that you saw those shows 😎🎤

They released a gospel project earlier this year without Lori but she is currently touring with them as a foursome