[REMOVE ADS]

Happy 65th Birthday to BOOTSEY COLLINS!!!!

Happy Birthday today to that Rock Star Doll.......Bootsey Collins!

I am so glad that for the fact that this cat is still here given all that he has given to my
    musical mind's library. Yea, and I know I said "that" and "given" twice in the same sentence.Ha!
    Bootsy impacted more folks than even he himself is aware of. JB never quite got over losing
    him. GC wouldn't have gotten as far without him. Even acts he didn't belong to were struck
    by his presence on the scene, both established like Gene Chandler and newbies like Slave.
    He made hits out much of the artists under the p-funk umbrella as well as passer-bys
    and flash in the pans like Lady Miss Keir and Color Me Bad and kept stepping. Hip Hop
    had to acknowledge him, there'd be no NWA, Snoop, Warren G or DJ Quik without him
    and along with the late Bernie Worrell who I'm still missing very much, he gave me so
    much sonic joy. Being a big book fan, I'd love to see a written account of his story someday...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I am so glad that for the fact that this cat is still here given all that he has given to my
    musical mind's library. Yea, and I know I said "that" and "given" twice in the same sentence.Ha!
    Bootsy impacted more folks than even he himself is aware of. JB never quite got over losing
    him. GC wouldn't have gotten as far without him. Even acts he didn't belong to were struck
    by his presence on the scene, both established like Gene Chandler and newbies like Slave.
    He made hits out much of the artists under the p-funk umbrella as well as passer-bys
    and flash in the pans like Lady Miss Keir and Color Me Bad and kept stepping. Hip Hop
    had to acknowledge him, there'd be no NWA, Snoop, Warren G or DJ Quik without him
    and along with the late Bernie Worrell who I'm still missing very much, he gave me so
    much sonic joy. Being a big book fan, I'd love to see a written account of his story someday...
    I saw a long interview with Bootsey or was it an Unsung episode where he gave a oral history of his career. All I know is that he is definitely a part of the soundtrack of my life. Whenever I think of all those high school parties, his music always comes to mind. It still makes me want to get down! LOL!