[REMOVE ADS]

Reach out and Touch live...Diana and Mary?

Has anyone seen the whole original concert? I believe Diana and Mary sang some lines together as Mary was in attendance. Or were any forum members there? I wondered how they sounded and if crowd was excited. Be nice to see it.
    Last edited by luke; 10-25-2016 at 11:18 PM.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAZuUaxMdw. Oops here's clip from 1980 LA Forum mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Has anyone seen the whole original concert? I believe Diana and Mary sang some lines together as Mary was in attendance. Or were any forum members there? I wondered how they sounded and if crowd was excited. Be nice to see it.
    I attended this concert [[ It was rather short) but No they didn't sing together [[ Mary & Diana) Diana did acknowledge Mary and Freda Payne. This was for tv show taping, that's what Larry Hagman was in the audience.

Thanks rod. I read somewhere that Diana did an LA show and she and Mary sang together but it was edited out of the final tape. Guess a different show

great concert she was really on form..energised by the success of "diana" lp & the singles with the biggest music moguls offering the big bucks to sign with them..an expert at performing "in the round" a show free of broadway glitz and theatrics just one killer song after another...

I agree. Diana was on FIYAH during that period!

Thanks rod. I read somewhere that Diana did an LA show and she and Mary sang together but it was edited out of the final tape. Guess a different show
    Yes they did Luke. I have not seen it for myself but one of the guys from the Motown USA office now sadly deceased told me about this in the 90's. Diana invited Mary up on stage and they sang together and warmly embraced. I believe it was filmed so hopefully it will turn up some day. I would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes they did Luke. I have not seen it for myself but one of the guys from the Motown USA office now sadly deceased told me about this in the 90's. Diana invited Mary up on stage and they sang together and warmly embraced. I believe it was filmed so hopefully it will turn up some day. I would love to see it.
    Though I unfortunately was unable to attend, friends had bought me a $12 [[jeez how tix prices have soared)"Dress up with Diana" ticket, Mary did sing, but, it was edited out, perhaps the segment had gone on too long, and that Cindy, Scherrie & Freda Payne were in attendance. This was second hand info so I cannot vouch for the accuracy.

I know arounf 1979 Mary made her debut in NY and Diana was there, they sang a few lines of Someday Well be together before Mary pulled the mic back. it would have been a nice moment if she had performed more of the song together.

I never heard or read Mary cut her off or anything. Mary praised Diana for really being there for her and they had a nice talk after in Mary's drsssing room

It was edited out of the tv special because Mary wasn't well enough known to be included in a national tv show

That's just not true. Wasn't going to bring it up but published accounts say Diana wasn't pleased as the audience went crazy when Mary walked in and Diana didn't want to give her more publicity. Sad. The public sure knew who the Supremes were. Didn't want to get into it but u had to go there. I have never read or heard what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I know arounf 1979 Mary made her debut in NY and Diana was there, they sang a few lines of Someday Well be together before Mary pulled the mic back. it would have been a nice moment if she had performed more of the song together.
    That was in August of 1979 at the New York, New York discotheque. I have seen the entire show as it was filmed. Diane was babysitting and there was no pull back of the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It was edited out of the tv special because Mary wasn't well enough known to be included in a national tv show
    That is bullshit. She was a Supreme and has been on national television countless times. It was LA and everyone knows Mary Wilson. NOW! It has been said that it was edited out because Mary wore her fur that was a shorter version of the one Diane came out in. Mary had it first and you know how woman are. Here Mary is wearing the coat in this video from early 1980:

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    See this is how these threads go South. Jobeterob will make his underhanded jab at Mary Wilson and I have to step in and tell the truth. He has been doing this for years and years on this forum. When Ralph steps in, he plays innocent and goes on the "Thank You Ralph" type threads and pretends he appreciates Ralph's efforts as moderator. He thinks no one has caught on to his throwing of stones and then hiding his hands. I have!

That's just not true. Wasn't going to bring it up but published accounts say Diana wasn't pleased as the audience went crazy when Mary walked in and Diana didn't want to give her more publicity. Sad. The public sure knew who the Supremes were. Didn't want to get into it but u had to go there. I have never read or heard what you are saying
    Exactly. When Mary appeared and was making her way to her seat, the place erupted as she was looking like a million bucks. They edited that out, but kept Suzanne DePasse kissing Diane as she made her entrance. That is the truth, Jobeterob is just disingenuous when it comes to Mary Wilson. I didn't want to go there, but hey I know the truth, so why not share it?
    Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    See this is how these threads go South. Jobeterob will make his underhanded jab at Mary Wilson and I have to step in and tell the truth. He has been doing this for years and years on this forum. When Ralph steps in, he plays innocent and goes on the "Thank You Ralph" type threads and pretends he appreciates Ralph's efforts as moderator. He thinks no one has caught on to his throwing of stones and then hiding his hands. I have!
    Marv, I see this!! Mary Wilson was an original and longtime member of the most successful singing group of all time. People know who she is, right?

Marv you shouldn't have said that lol. Don't start nothin won't be nothin. Let it go now before all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Marv, I see this!! Mary Wilson was an original and longtime member of the most successful singing group of all time. People know who she is, right?
    It is a given. It is not up for debate or question. We know who the Beatles are and we know who the Supremes are individually in this country. Jobeterob is in Canada and they know who Mary Wilson is there as well!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Marv you shouldn't have said that lol. Don't start nothin won't be nothin. Let it go now before all hell breaks loose.
    I had to say it Blackguy69. You know I'm telling the truth, but I also know that you are right.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAZuUaxMdw. Oops here's clip from 1980 LA Forum mentioned above
    Luke, that clip is from 1981.

Marv didn't start nothin. He told the truth as did I. Thanks Marv. And well put per how they play the game!!

Just to clarify they did duet on Someday....but MW did finish the song as a solo. Is this better.??? Don't want to offend anyone. But it would have been nice if they finished it together.yet another reunion we were robbed of and that goes for the 81 special. The fans know who they both are and instead of good PR .that would have resulted for both....it always goes south.sadly
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-30-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Jobeterob will make his underhanded jab at Mary Wilson and I have to step in and tell the truth. !
    lolololololololol. Well its you version of the truth that you give. Lol

Well it was Mary's debut and I think it was logical she finish song as she was starting her career. Diana didn't have Mary solo on Reach Out and Touch. So should people keep their mouth shut here if false info given? I don't see any disrespect at this point.

Well it was Mary's debut and I think it was logical she finish song as she was starting her career. Diana didn't have Mary solo on Reach Out and Touch. So should people keep their mouth shut here if false info given? I don't see any disrespect at this point.
    Well Luke, I think we cleared that up pretty good. Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    lolololololololol. Well its you version of the truth that you give. Lol
    Say one thing about Mary Wilson and her rabid fans come out. They think she walks on water!!

I rarely read these Supremes threads but must have been bored and read this one. I wish I hadn't. Some of you ought to be on a big babies forum instead.

Supremes and Diana fans know who Mary is/was

National TV didn't want that in the special - they wanted Jackson and Hagman just like they wanted Danny Thomas and Bill Cosby. They make bad choices all the time as history proved with Cosby

Well Luke, I think we cleared that up pretty good. Thanks buddy!
    Good job guys! Next drink on me! BTW Marv I found the article and will scan and sent to you. Cheers guys. Maybe Luke will want it also lol!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Good job guys! Next drink on me! BTW Marv I found the article and will scan and sent to you. Cheers guys. Maybe Luke will want it also lol!
    Thanks DET! Who's better than you!