[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Jean Terrell

Jean Terrell

Does anyone know what Jean Terrell is doing these days? I hear about the other Supremes but not her. Also, what is your favorite Supremes song with her on lead? Mine is Il Voce di Silenzio [[Silent Voices) from The Supremes Produced by Jimmy Webb.

I think Jean is pretty private. I've wondered if she keeps in contact with the other Supremes? Favorite song....about all of them. She even did some great things for Ian Levine. The Rising Cost of Love off her solo LP is a keeper.

Love Silent Voices--I think 530 Plane is my fave.

She was doing concerts as of last January. Right now she is in my bathroom doing her hair, ......I am kidding. LOL!

Favorite song with Jean on lead or solo.......that's impossible for me to answer. Like Blueskies said, just about all of them were my favorites.

Special favorites include but are not limited to:
    No Limit
    Up the Ladder to The Roof
    Stoned Love
    Bill When Are You Coming Back
    Love it Came To Me This Time
    Shine On Me
    Nathan Jones
    You Got to Have Love In Your Heart
    Bad Weather
    Beyond Myself
    Rising Cost of Love
    How Can You Live Without Love
    Everything to Me
    But I Love You More
    Now The Bitter, Now the Sweet
    Everybody's Got the Right to Love
    Johnny Raven
    Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music
    Your Wonderful Sweet, Sweet Love
    Last edited by marv2; 01-10-2011 at 01:29 AM.

That's good to hear that she did concerts recently. Do you know what songs she sang? Was it her solo material, or did she include Supremes music? Did she do some of the 60's songs like when she was part of the FLOs?

I remember there were plans for her to record and release a jazz CD several years ago, but nothing ever came of it. I'm guessing it probably won't be recorded or released.

As Marv says, she did a concert back in January of last year. I think it was a private charity event. She had Mary Flowers and Freddi Poole do backup for her, so I'm assuming she must have done at least a few Supremes songs. As already mentioned, she seems to be a very private person and has not really done a lot in recent years, other than release the "Through the Eyes of a Supreme" DVD and then she did an interview on MidnightJohnny's radio show.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.

I remember the neighborhood excitement when Jean came into the Supremes and "Ladder" was a big hit for the new group. The Detroit TV Guide advertised their appearance on Ed Sullivan show. Recently, Mary noticed that the copy I had asked her to autograph, had her and Cindy names reversed lol! she had a good laugh! I am wondering if all the TV guides has the misprint. Marv, I think you have a copy, so can you weigh in please? Anyway.........it would be nice if Jean would perform again, but people's interests change and maybe she no longer has the desire to perform. But, she sure added alot of soul to the recordings and it was great while it lasted.
    jon

I remember an interview years ago in Ebony, or was it Jet, when she was training to be a hairdesser, and was done with singing. Maybe she has gone back to that..Paulo XXX

I thought I had heard she and her family had sold the hair salon/business awhile ago and also she was moving from Los Angeles? I don't know if any of that was ever substantiated. You can hear anything. I remember seeing pictures of her last year with Mary Flowers and Freddi Poole on SDF. Maybe someone can re-post those pictures. She looked good.

topdiva1 Guest
    I am told that Jean Terrell is a very private person. and is well and looking great. She did do a concert last year with Freddie Poole and Mary Flowers as her back up singers.

The RISING COST OF LOVE is among my fav Jean Terrel offerings.

If you go to the Freddi Pool website/weblog [[http://freddipoole.tripod.com/news.html), you'll find several pics of performances by Jean Terrell with Freddi Pool and Mary Flowers [[JEAN TERRELL'S SUPREME REVIEW) made in January 2010, during a fundraising gala held @ The Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA., ...

So Jean must be back in [[show)business... somewhat?
    Adding a new chapter to the term FLOS???

How about "This Is The Story?" A flawless performance!

Or her performances on the intro to "Stoned Love," "My World Is Empty Without You," or "Somewhere," on the Live in Japan album.