[REMOVE ADS]

Please keep gladys horton in your prayers!!!

I'm sorry to report that I've received word that Marvelette Gladys Horton is seriously ill. Her family requests that all of her fans please keep her in prayer.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very sorry to hear this. I will pray.

Keeping Ms. Horton in my prayers as well. A huge contributor to the Motown sound.

Dear Family and Fans, There is something that I think you should know.

Gladys Horton of the Marvelettes, is very sick, and has been for quite some time. Of course I was hoping that she would improve, but she hasn't and I felt that you all should know.

Our music has impacted many of your lives. Please talk about how much OUR music means to you. Or you may write that information to me. The address is: The Original Marvelettes

PO Box 415

Inkster, MI 48141

I will Keep you posted if something happens.

Katherine Anderson Schaffner

Thanks, marybrewster for posting Kat's message. I will give her a call soon.

Very sad news. Thanks for posting Katherine's message too.

How very, very sad. I will pray from the bottom of my heart and my soul. Thanks to Kat for the update. The Marvelettes WILL have their rightful place in musical history...Prayers and Love..Paulo XXX

Kat, I will write to you. The Marvelettes have been the soundtrack to my life. I cant begin to tell you how much the magiic of your beutuful music has touched my soul. I am completely awed by your being able to create a life beyond performing when the group disintegrated. I listen to your magic most days. Today was Dont Make Hurting Me A Habit, When Your Young & In Love, Playboy, I cant turn Around. and well,,,lots more. Your music will live forever. I pray for Gladys, as I do for all your sisters. Thank You.Peace and Love..Paulo XXXX

topdiva1 Guest
    I join with all the above SDF members in prayer for Ms. Gladys Horton - her talent and songs fill the memories and hearts of her fans around the world, - I hope she knows that she is loved by many many people.

We wish you a speedy recover, Ms. Horton.

According to Kat, Gladys has pneumonia and her lungs are stressed from the second hand smoke she caught from the clubs, over the years.

^ Oh no. That's tragic. Poor Gladys.

Wow... that's one of the downsides of showbiz. Too bad.
    I will keep Gladys in my thoughts.

How is Gladys now?..Paulo xxx

topdiva1 Guest
    Motown is a fabled place of legends - fiction and fact. It is indeed sad to hear about any of the legends that emerged from Motown in ill health.

We have all been down this road before - with some very sad results. Please continue to unite and pray for this dear lady - whose talent brought so many of us JOY!!!!