[REMOVE ADS]

Pictures of DMC Singing LOVE CHILD on Ed Sullivan

I have been looking for quality COLOR pictures of Diana Ross and The Supremes performing Love Child on the Ed Sullivan Show wearing yellow sweat shirts and jeans.

In the booklet that came with the 2000 box set, there is one good picture of this performance! Other than that, the only ones that I can find online are very tiny and do not print out well.

Can anyone direct me to a web source for more of these pictures? Or, is there a CD that has a large-ish version in the accompanying booklet?

Thank you in advance!

THANK YOU, Marybrewster. I appreciate your taking the time to find and post the pictures!!!!!

These are super-cool...rehearsal shots. For the show, Mary and Cindy wore "street clothes" [[can't recall now if they were the same outfits they wore on the cover of the "LOVE CHILD" LP--but it wouldn't be surprising if they took photos in NYC shortly after the appearance and used them there). Love the color quality in both these photos... Thanks for sharing, MaryB!

You are welcome; I hope this is what you were looking for?

I think those pictures used on the front & back covers of the "Love Child" album were taken in New York around the time of the performance. If you notice, the street clothes are the same and so are the Afro wigs.

I appreciate the information about costumes for the rehearsal vs. the actual show, Danman. Does anyone have color pictures from the actual show where the girls are wearing "street clothes?" Marybrewster's pictures from the rehearsal are terrific! Thanks!

Diana's outfit on the album cover is the same as the televised show. Cindy's is slightly different. Mary's is totally different, with a fringed top, and long pants.

The "Love Child" LP has such an interesting album cover. A couple of thoughts:

I wonder if the LP shoot was taken the same day of Sullivan rehersal? You'd almost think it was taken AFTER, simply because Mary and Cindy no longer have their "Love Child" sweatshirts.

It's interesting that the script on Diana's shirt has become "iconic". How come the same font wasn't used on the LP?

Where are Cindy's shoes?

Are the shorts Diana wears for this LP cover the same shorts she worse for her solo debut LP cover?

Lastly, if two photos were taken for the front and back cover, surely there must have been more taken at the "shoot". Has anyone ever seen any other photos taken from this day?

topdiva1 Guest
    Great shots - thanks!!!