Pearl Jam
    Steppenwolf
    The Cars
    The Zombies
    Tupac Shakur
    Yes

How many can be inducted on one year?

I believe for performers it is 6 but I think it more a self-imposed number

With 19 nominees, they should induct 6 or 7 out of that number. I hate the secrecy of the Hall. I'm tired of just seeing five getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I believe for performers it is 6 but I think it more a self-imposed number
    Oh right, thank you Luciano!

I must say I find the Hall disturbing that The Marvelettes, Jr. Walker & The All Stars, The Commodores, Mary Wells, The Spinners, Carla Thomas, Kool & the Gang, War and other rock stars from the 60's are still not in.

Agree Luciano. Journey and Janet Jackson before the ones you mentioned and Labelle??? Who are the Bad Brains??

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I must say I find the Hall disturbing that The Marvelettes, Jr. Walker & The All Stars, The Commodores, Mary Wells, The Spinners, Carla Thomas, Kool & the Gang, War and other rock stars from the 60's are still not in.
    Agreed. None of those acts are on the list of nominees [[and I see that The Marvelettes & The Spinners are no longer being considered). I'm no longer interested in the R&RHOF.

I'll be honest and say that I have genuinely no idea who the following are:

Bad Brains
    Depeche Mode
    Jane's Addiction
    Joan Baez
    Journey
    MC5
    Pearl Jam
    The Cars
    Yes

Although that probably says more about me, hehe!!

Bad Brains are a hardcore punk act from Washington, D.C. Most of their songs reflect the social unrest of the country. They were unique because they were a black American band that did punk rock [[they were originally a soul band). They mixed their punk with ska and reggae later on.

Joan Baez is well known unless you live overseas [[and I think you said you lived in London, Tom?).

Surprised you don't know Depeche Mode, they were a huge alternative pop act back in the '80s and '90s [[I grew up listening to them).

Jane's Addiction is not known unless you follow alternative rock [[which I have as well).

Journey was a big arena rock act in the '80s.

MC5 were so-called "proto-punk rockers". Their messages were heavily political and they were/are far-leftists. Their messages of anarchy were the reverse of the hippie-era message of "peace and love" in the late '60s. Mainly they're known for the song "Kick Out the Jams".

Pearl Jam is pretty well known if you follow '90s rock in the U.S. They had a lot of hit albums and were pretty influential, like Nirvana, since both emerged during the so-called "grunge" era of the early '90s.

The Cars were a new wave band popular in the '80s.

Yes are pretty unknown if you don't follow progressive rock or if you don't know their hit song "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Agreed. None of those acts are on the list of nominees [[and I see that The Marvelettes & The Spinners are no longer being considered). I'm no longer interested in the R&RHOF.
    The Spinners were probably the most successful R&B Group in the 70s and they can't even get in?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Bad Brains are a hardcore punk act from Washington, D.C. Most of their songs reflect the social unrest of the country. They were unique because they were a black American band that did punk rock [[they were originally a soul band). They mixed their punk with ska and reggae later on.

Joan Baez is well known unless you live overseas [[and I think you said you lived in London, Tom?).

Surprised you don't know Depeche Mode, they were a huge alternative pop act back in the '80s and '90s [[I grew up listening to them).

Jane's Addiction is not known unless you follow alternative rock [[which I have as well).

MC5 were so-called "proto-punk rockers". Their messages were heavily political and they were/are far-leftists. Their messages of anarchy were the reverse of the hippie-era message of "peace and love" in the late '60s. Mainly they're known for the song "Kick Out the Jams".

Pearl Jam is pretty well known if you follow '90s rock in the U.S. They had a lot of hit albums and were pretty influential, like Nirvana, since both emerged during the so-called "grunge" era of the early '90s.

Yes are pretty unknown if you don't follow progressive rock or if you don't know their hit song "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

I remember when I was in college it seemed like everyone had The Cars album.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

Oh my, thank you very much midnightman, that saves me googling them all, Hehe!

I'm not really into rock or punk or alternative music [[although having said that I probably don't listen to enough of it to have decided so!), and most of the artists I didn't know we're from the '80s when the '60s and '70s are my fave decades for music. And yes, I am from London, and couldn't tell you who on earth Joan Baez was [[although I guessed country or folk, just from the name, hehe)

I'm sure that all those acts are very talented and deserve to be nominated, they're just not for me, LOL
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 10-20-2016 at 07:43 PM.

You're welcome.

^ BTW, Joan is folk.

Chic is overdue. Fantastic recordings that have held up marvelously over time. The level of musicianship of the core three -- Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson -- is jawdropping. That's why they were sought-after collaborators by the rock gods -- Jagger, Bowie, Rod Stewart, Robert Plant, etc.

I love Journey's 80s hits with Steve Perry. Love his voice. Depeche Mode is one of the best live acts I've ever seen. Both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Chaka Khan is probably the most imitated female voice of the last 40 years -- certainly in the R&B/Soul/Funk genre. Among performers that have emerged since the 1990s I think she has been more influential than Aretha Franklin. There should be a place for her in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Chic is overdue. Fantastic recordings that have held up marvelously over time. The level of musicianship of the core three -- Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson -- is jawdropping. That's why they were sought-after collaborators by the rock gods -- Jagger, Bowie, Rod Stewart, Robert Plant, etc.

I love Journey's 80s hits with Steve Perry. Love his voice. Depeche Mode is one of the best live acts I've ever seen. Both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Chaka Khan is probably the most imitated female voice of the last 40 years -- certainly in the R&B/Soul/Funk genre. Among performers that have emerged since the 1990s I think she has been more influential than Aretha Franklin. There should be a place for her in the HOF.
    I vote Chic, Chaka and ELO!
    Lol

ELO- hands down

I cannot believe that J. Lynne was not in the HOF first time out. He is one of the finest, Heck on The Third Day was a masterpiece long with Eldorado and Face the Music. After that they became more commercial, but still many strong hits.
    As far as I am concerned they picked up the mantle for the Beatles in the 70's.
    For my money beside ELO, the other wrong is that an original like Jr. Walker is not in. When people talk about rock and roll sax- one of the first persons you think if is Jr. Great music and What Des it Takes alone should have him in.

Congrats ELO

Finally got in . Long time coming.
    Now we need Jr. Walker

The rock n roll HOF should be separate from the Rock HOF.There's a big difference between rock n roll and rock.That should stir up some comments.One of the biggest record sellers of the 50s still is not in....Miss Connie Francis.But the HOF is an attraction...not many are gonna pay to go in and see memorabilia of our 50s RnR stars anymore and probably not our 60s soul singers either.not many 60 or 70 yr olds care about it enough to go and pay to see a few jackets and guitars.