[REMOVE ADS]

Only two Supremes b sides to make national charts

Always In My Heart # 135 Record World only. Young Folks 69 on Billboard and similar placement on CB and RW. Surprised considering quality of Going Down Down, Remove This Doubt.He's all I Got...There's No Stopping...which made it to like # 22 in my area [[NJ/NY/ Philly). Any thoughts?

I'm surprised Ask Any Girl didn't chart. they did have some classic B sides.

Oh yea. Forgot that good one!

And the Young Folks was my least favorite!

KYA/San Francisco and KFRC/San Francisco did rotate "Ask Any Girl", especially as "Back in My Arms Again" started descending their respective station charts. Second would be "Everything's Good About You" as they gave away copies of the first "The Supremes Greatest Hits". I may have heard "Always in My Heart" a time or two or just wished they would play it. They played "The Young Folks" as a B-side and then it was released as its own single. Play never got beyond the 20s on their chart.
    The Gavin Report was based in San Francisco and on the rare occasions I saw their charts, it did make the bottom end of the Top 30. There was no way to scientifically prove this [[pre-BDS), but, it felt like they played it more as a B-side, but, they could have felt it was burnt by its official release.
    "Ask Any Girl" did make the Top 10. The station was on Nob Hill across from The Fairmont, where they were booked once a year in The Venetian Room. I kept waiting for an on air interview since they probably stayed at The Fairmont during their engagement.

The only reason I can come up with is their A sides were so good people and Dj's didn't bother to flip them over!