[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Excellent picture, Lakeside! Thank You for sharing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...n7p?li=BBnbcA1

Not so strange bedfellows........don't tell me this isn't Trumps BFF!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    As I was watching the debate I drifted into a vision/fantasy/day dream type state . . . so the Donald finally snaps under Hillary's barrage of honesty, he loses it completely and rises to physically attack her. ... And it's Hillary in a landslide!
    I wish that would happen on worldwide TV!

Rudy Giuliani, Trump's apologist, is trying to say that [[paraphrase) "we all have a past with infidelity". Well, if he's going to make excuses for Trump, Gingrich, and himself, that should extend to Bill Clinton, except not on republican/conservative/Trump world. I'm waiting to see how many of the phony christian conservatives who back Trump contort themselves trying to not come off as hypocritical.

Apparently Trump is a "genius" for being able to avoid paying taxes on such a large scale for so long...

http://www.people.com/article/rudy-g...mp-tax-evasion

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/giuliani-s...opstories.html

This should win over most women voters! Rudy Tudy is such an idiot. He can't get over the fact Trumpty Dumpty is such a 'genius'.....well, Rudy....you're sure the hell not....and believe me, neither is Trumpty nor his henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/giuliani-s...opstories.html

This should win over most women voters! Rudy Tudy is such an idiot. He can't get over the fact Trumpty Dumpty is such a 'genius'.....well, Rudy....you're sure the hell not....and believe me, neither is Trumpty nor his henchmen.
    "Trumpty Dumpty" - LOL!

I don't think the story ended too well for that nursery rhyme character...

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    "Trumpty Dumpty" - LOL!

I don't think the story ended too well for that nursery rhyme character...
    Trumpty Dumpty sat on a wall
    Trumpty Dumpty had a great fall
    All the racist, homophobes and misogynist
    couldn't put their Trumpty Dumpty back together again

Trumpty Dumpty sat on a wall
    Trumpty Dumpty had a great fall
    All the racist, homophobes and misogynist
    couldn't put their Trumpty Dumpty back together again
    LOL - fell off a wall!
    Too good, too good

I live in such a red state and county that I am happy to have a safe haven to express my opinion about republicans/conservatives/Trump supporters. Not many places you can do that and not get trolled. The republicans/conservatives/Trump supporters are on a worldwide mission to troll everywhere on the internet. Imagine not even being able to discuss politics, race, or religion with a good friend or a woman you're dating because you don't want to risk an argument or break-up.

And, the amazing thing is that no matter how repugnant his comments are, there are scores of people who say they will vote for him. This morning he says that our soldiers who commit suicide "just couldn't handle it". How in the hell can anyone vote for this guy? He pays no taxes, says he will relieve the burden for the people, but his tax plan is Reaganomics and W. Bush on steroids.

In a way, I understand why some people are voting for Trump.

It will be the last time a majority of Whites will ever be able to vote for their own.

It will be the last time older people will be able to vote for someone of their generation.

It will be the last time many older people will vote.

It may be the last time Republicans have an opportunity to vote as a party.

It is a chance for white nationalists to finally get someone like-minded into office.

It may be the last chance for those with more traditional male values to vote for a like-minded person to be in office.

It may be the last chance for big business to get a champion for them to get into office.

Let's not forget about down-ballot candidates, either. Electing the president is not enough. You have to consider candidates on the federal, state, and local ballot too. And, as partisan as this sounds: aren't you sick of conservatives and their mindset? Aren't you sick of killers who run amok with guns they shouldn't have, but allowed by willy-nilly gun laws literally written by the NRA? Aren't you sick of constant attacks on women and LBGT? Aren't you sick of constant brutality and deaths at the hands of police? Aren't you sick of legislators trying to restrict or eliminate your voting rights? Aren't you sick of religious types trying to impose their brand of beliefs on you? Aren't you sick of judges letting rapists off easy? Ask yourselves these questions when you go into the voting booth or mail in your ballot.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-03-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I live in such a red state and county that I am happy to have a safe haven to express my opinion about republicans/conservatives/Trump supporters. Not many places you can do that and not get trolled. The republicans/conservatives/Trump supporters are on a worldwide mission to troll everywhere on the internet. Imagine not even being able to discuss politics, race, or religion with a good friend or a woman you're dating because you don't want to risk an argument or break-up.

And, the amazing thing is that no matter how repugnant his comments are, there are scores of people who say they will vote for him. This morning he says that our soldiers who commit suicide "just couldn't handle it". How in the hell can anyone vote for this guy? He pays no taxes, says he will relieve the burden for the people, but his tax plan is Reaganomics and W. Bush on steroids.

In a way, I understand why some people are voting for Trump.

It will be the last time a majority of Whites will ever be able to vote for their own.

It will be the last time older people will be able to vote for someone of their generation.

It will be the last time many older people will vote.

It may be the last time Republicans have an opportunity to vote as a party.

It is a chance for white nationalists to finally get someone like-minded into office.

It may be the last chance for those with more traditional male values to vote for a like-minded person to be in office.

It may be the last chance for big business to get a champion for them to get into office.

Let's not forget about down-ballot candidates, either. Electing the president is not enough. You have to consider candidates on the federal, state, and local ballot too. And, as partisan as this sounds: aren't you sick of conservatives and their mindset? Aren't you sick of killers who run amok with guns they shouldn't have, but allowed by willy-nilly gun laws literally written by the NRA? Aren't you sick of constant attacks on women and LBGT? Aren't you sick of constant brutality and deaths at the hands of police? Aren't you sick of legislators trying to restrict or eliminate your voting rights? Aren't you sick of religious types trying to impose their brand of beliefs on you? Aren't you sick of judges letting rapists off easy? Ask yourselves these questions when you go into the voting booth or mail in your ballot.
    Soulster, you should run Hilary's campaign!

I just kept saying "YES!!" in my head for every question you asked!!

Completely agree, You couldn't have said it better

Soulster, you should run Hilary's campaign!

I just kept saying "YES!!" in my head for every question you asked!!

Completely agree, You couldn't have said it better
    And the maddening thing is, Hillary's people don't bring any of this up! Whenever I watch the news or see one of their supporters, I yell at the TV wondering why they don't say the things we are thinking? Why aren't they using any of those points to sway voters? Why don't they ever go for the kill?

And the maddening thing is, Hillary's people don't bring any of this up! Whenever I watch the news or see one of their supporters, I yell at the TV wondering why they don't say the things we are thinking? Why aren't they using any of those points to sway voters? Why don't they ever go for the kill?
    Very frustrating!

All this politics...
    I never thought I would be discussing the presidential race on a forum about soul music from Detroit, LOL!

Very frustrating!

All this politics...
    I never thought I would be discussing the presidential race on a forum about soul music from Detroit, LOL!
    That's what the clubhouse is for...anything we want to talk about [[within reason), that doesn't fit anywhere else.

If Donald Trump had made his statement on tax avoidance as a UK politician, that would be enough to lose him the election.

Very frustrating!

All this politics...
    This place has always discussed politics to a degree. But, politics has always been part of the Black community. Think about it: soul music, Detroit, Black people = politics! Politics affects Black people the most. Just look at Flint.
    If Donald Trump had made his statement on tax avoidance as a UK politician, that would be enough to lose him the election.
    And it would have disqualified him in any previous U.S. election, too. As I said in the previous post: this is a lot of groups' last chance to get one of their own in the White House. That's why they want Trump to win so badly, despite all of his faults.

As I also stated before: the White population is gradually dwindling nationwide. Soon, there will be no clear majority, and they know it. It's why they have been rallying against immigration from non-caucasian countries, why the white nationalists, otherwise known as white supremacists have been spreading fear of a "demise" of the White race, and why republicans, who are overwhelmingly White in the U.S., have been trying hard to restrict voting laws. In the state of California, that majority is gone. It's no guess as to why the most of the deep southern U.S. states are dominated exclusively by republicans: the majority of the nations' Blacks live there.

There's another factor that ties into all of this: age. A lot of older people look around and see a world that is unrecognizable to them. Many lost touch in the 60s and have been disenfranchised ever since. For the WWI and WWII generation, it was Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan who kept the promise of maintaining the world they were familiar and comfortable with. Today, that WWII generation, the Korean and Viet Nam generation also see the world changing into something they aren't comfortable with, and nothing brought that into focus more than President Barack Obama. He was the personification of a changing United States. Donald Trump represents a past world. Lets not forget that a woman in charge is just too much for a lot of people. There are a lot of people who still believe that a woman's place is in the home, barefoot and pregnant, and waiting on the husband. There are a lot of misogynists out there, and Trump is one of them. To him, women belong in beauty pageants, and are only worthy if they can be trophy wives.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-04-2016 at 11:51 AM.

This place has always discussed politics to a degree. But, politics has always been part of the Black community. Think about it: soul music, Detroit, Black people = politics! Politics affects Black people the most.
    Of course, of course
    I always forget how soul music is interconnected with racial and political matters [[with me being white and having never even been to Detroit, LOL)

The White population is gradually dwindling nationwide. Soon, there will be no clear majority, and they know it. It's why they have been rallying against immigration from non-caucasian countries, why the white nationalists, otherwise known as white supremacists have been spreading fear of a "demise" of the White race, and why republicans, who are overwhelmingly White in the U.S., have been trying hard to restrict voting laws. In the state of California, that majority is gone. It's no guess as to why the most of the deep southern U.S. states are dominated exclusively by republicans: the majority of the nations' Blacks live there.

There's another factor that ties into all of this: age. A lot of older people look around and see a world that is unrecognizable to them. Many lost touch in the 60s and have been disenfranchised ever since. For the WWI and WWII generation, it was Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan who kept the promise of maintaining the world they were familiar and comfortable with. Today, that WWII generation, the Korean and Viet Nam generation also see the world changing into something they aren't comfortable with, and nothing brought that into focus more than President Barack Obama. He was the personification of a changing United States. Donald Trump represents a past world. Lets not forget that a woman in charge is just too much for a lot of people. There are a lot of people who still believe that a woman's place is in the home, barefoot and pregnant, and waiting on the husband. There are a lot of misogynists out there, and Trump is one of them. To him, women belong in beauty pageants, and are only worthy if they can be trophy wives.
    Soulster, you make a very interesting point, one I hadn't even really thought about. I forget that there are some people who genuinely think a woman could/should not be president. A female president straight after a Black one is probably a bit too much to handle for some people!

In essence, Trump's support comes from old, white racists and misogynists. Shocker!!! Lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...005/ar-BBx95Fw

This should really win over all the women voters. The Orange Anus finally speaks from his heart....skip the political bullshit.....this is the REAL MAN. He might have just won the Misogynist Of The Year Award!

Who's PUMPED for tonight's debate!!? LOL

Shame it's on at about 2 o'clock in the morning here in the UK, I would definitely watch it otherwise!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 10-19-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Pass this on to your Trump and GOP friends who attend the churches of far right preachers.

I just got home, so i'll have to watch the repeat later on. I've got MSNBC on right now, and i'm surprised from what i'm hearing that Trump did so bad. I understand he totally lost it, but did make a play for the evangelical christians. I guess that's the only way he thinks he'll get votes now. We'll see. To gauge what that side thinks, I should look in on Fox news.

He acted like an insane person and he looked insane. Hes a danger to our country and should not be elected. Im with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    He acted like an insane person and he looked insane. Hes a danger to our country and should not be elected. Im with her.
    The US's government actions over the past 30+ years is embarrassing enough. Having such a negative character as Donald Trump win The US presidency, could result in an international embarrassment from which USA might never be able to recover. It's just unfathomable to me that someone of his ilk could ever get as far as winning the nomination of a major political party. It's bad enough that The Democrats do NOT represent the large bulk of their constituents. But, The Republicans are making a mockery of the so-called "democratic political process".

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    The US's government actions over the past 30+ years is embarrassing enough. Having such a negative character as Donald Trump win The US presidency, could result in an international embarrassment from which USA might never be able to recover. It's just unfathomable to me that someone of his ilk could ever get as far as winning the nomination of a major political party. It's bad enough that The Democrats do NOT represent the large bulk of their constituents. But, The Republicans are making a mockery of the so-called "democratic political process".
    Hey Robb, can I ask, do you have a vote in the election? And if you do will you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    But, The Republicans are making a mockery of the so-called "democratic political process".
    I don't think it's so much the republicans as it is Trump himself.

One thing is clear: Trump is setting the republican party for some kind of major stunt next month if and when he loses the election. Not only does he have some kind of media business in the works, I have a theory that he may set up his own party, effectively damaging the republican party, and causing nothing but chaos. That move would take the step that the tea-party should have, create an actual party. This Trump party would consist of all of the disenfranchised white people who stuck by him, and all of the deplorables. Then, he would use, say, his own network to further his message. Steve Bannon and Roger Ailes must be licking their chops for such an opportunity. Ailes gets to rival Fox, and Bannon gets to have a worldwide platform to further his Leninist philosophy to burn down the U.S. government. To make it more worrisome is that Trump's bromance Vladimir Putin can use it as a U.S. propaganda outlet, further endangering our philosophy.

Again, it's just a theory of mine, but I think i'm probably not too far off the mark.

Remember those billboards we used to see of W. Bush and the caption "Do you miss me now?"? We could start seeing those with Barack Obama on them instead, because trump isn't going to go quietly. If he doesn't get his way, he'll burn the house down. That's what a spoiled little narcissistic megalomaniac does.

I still can't imagine how anyone can rationally vote for him and think he'll actually change anything for the better.

One thing I am happy about is Trump has single-handedly destroyed the GOP! Obama must feel vindicated right about now. They spent years obstructing any progress his administration could have made for the people of this country and now they are paying for it. They have not been interested in governing this country. They have only been interested in having power and special interests.

Here in the UK, my impression of Donald Trump is based on news headlines.

Donald Trump seems to be making all the empty noise he can, simply to court attention.

Mr Trump is known to be very wealthy. He appears to assume that everyone will be impressed by that, but wealth brings with it great responsibility, and money has never cared who owns it.

It has not looked good from the very start. On a superficial level, it's his appearance. Without opening his mouth, Donal Trump looks bad. Superficial appearance it may be, but essential for a Presidential candidate.

When Mr Trump does speak, it's as if there is a distinctly unpleasant, bully-boy brother of Liberace on the platform.

Detractors of Hilary Clinton say she has many faults, but she seems to be taking the high ground. She does not appear to be retaliating to Donald Trump by employing the same derogatory tones as he. This, at least, encourages the voters to seriously consider who is the most able candidate to be President.

Unfortunately, it may be that Mrs Clinton will win the Presidency not because she is seen to be so good, but because Mr Trump is seen to be so bad.

In that event, making it through against a formidable [[for all the wrong reasons) opponent to become President could be the making of Hilary Clinton.

If I were an American voter, I would feel there is no option than to vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    One thing I am happy about is Trump has single-handedly destroyed the GOP! Obama must feel vindicated right about now. They spent years obstructing any progress his administration could have made for the people of this country and now they are paying for it. They have not been interested in governing this country. They have only been interested in having power and special interests.
    "Trump has single-handedly destroyed the GOP!"
    THAT is music in the air! Obama should be popping the champagne cork!
    If that party goes down the toilet....the drinks are on me!

Politics is a strange and dirty game,and in this country,i don't trust any of em much[obama included]so i'm stillwondering how the hell donald[duck]trump got the nomination with all the real politicians the gop has,it seems like a setup to get hillary in because i just can't believe this nut job is the best they got.

"Trump has single-handedly destroyed the GOP!"
    THAT is music in the air! Obama should be popping the champagne cork!
    If that party goes down the toilet....the drinks are on me!
    You'd better be prepared to set up your first round because they are done!
    It will take them years to rebuild. They at each others throats as we chat here LOL!

You'd better be prepared to set up your first round because they are done!
    It will take them years to rebuild. They at each others throats as we chat here LOL!
    "They at each others throats as we chat here LOL!"
    Good, I hope they go for the carotids! What's your drink, Marv?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Politics is a strange and dirty game,and in this country,i don't trust any of em much[obama included]so i'm stillwondering how the hell donald[duck]trump got the nomination with all the real politicians the gop has,it seems like a setup to get hillary in because i just can't believe this nut job is the best they got.
    I don't know where you like arr, but you just have to live in a very red state to know how they could pick a guy like Trump. People let their religion, misogyny, racism, and homophobia, fuel their hatred of the Clintons, the Obamas, Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, feminists, and liberals. Trump has tapped into almost all of that.

And, don't insult the legendary musician Donald "Duck" Dunn by using it with Trump's name.

Trump is now tweeting that "Hillary Clinton was inappropriately given the debate questions ahead of time" but Chris Wallace said last nifght that NOBODY had seen his questions. I truly believe Donald Trump is mentally unbalanced.

I don't know where you like arr, but you just have to live in a very red state to know how they could pick a guy like Trump. People let their religion, misogyny, racism, and homophobia, fuel their hatred of the Clintons, the Obamas, Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, feminists, and liberals. Trump has tapped into almost all of that.
    Oh the GOP had 17 candidattes to pick from and they voted for Trump and now hes surrounded by far right loons like Rudy Guiliani and Sean Hannity. Trumps peddled fear and bigotry and sexism and racism and hate and the far right ate it up. Hes UNFIT to serve for any public office let alone the Presidency.

i don't know where you like arr, but you just have to live in a very red state to know how they could pick a guy like trump. People let their religion, misogyny, racism, and homophobia, fuel their hatred of the clintons, the obamas, blacks, mexicans, muslims, feminists, and liberals. Trump has tapped into almost all of that.

And, don't insult the legendary musician donald "duck" dunn by using it with trump's name.
    i hear ya soulster,i was thinking of the disney character-donald duck!!!

Well, now they have another red herring for the press to run with. They're saying that Clinton gave away a military secret by saying how long it takes for nukes to launch once the president gives the order. This will be worked to death on Faux News and conservative radio for the next tbree weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Well, now they have another red herring for the press to run with. They're saying that Clinton gave away a military secret by saying how long it takes for nukes to launch once the president gives the order. This will be worked to death on Faux News and conservative radio for the next tbree weeks.

I noticed that last night. The main thing I noticed was the discussion of Hillary supposedly wanting open borders. Whoever fed that info. to Trump was good, but Hillary was better when handling it and explaining how it was not the full picture. When Chris Wallace read from a Wiki Leaks document contradicting Clinton,but supporting what Trump had said, I got a bit nervous.

But he read it out of context. Wallace tried to suggest that she was a free trade proponent and Trump said she wanted no border security but she explained that the speech was about energy policy and she wanted an open border regarding sharing power grids. So far, no fact checkers have said that was untrue.

"They at each others throats as we chat here LOL!"
    Good, I hope they go for the carotids! What's your drink, Marv?
    Give me Jack & Coke.......a tall one! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    But he read it out of context. Wallace tried to suggest that she was a free trade proponent and Trump said she wanted no border security but she explained that the speech was about energy policy and she wanted an open border regarding sharing power grids. So far, no fact checkers have said that was untrue.
    That's what I meant that she was better. She rebuffed Donald's charge without blinking.

i hear ya soulster,i was thinking of the disney character-donald duck!!!
    Oh, OK. I can just see him jumping up and down saying "If I don't win, I will NEVER accept the truth that people hate me!"

I don't think it's so much the republicans as it is Trump himself.

One thing is clear: Trump is setting the republican party for some kind of major stunt next month if and when he loses the election. Not only does he have some kind of media business in the works, I have a theory that he may set up his own party, effectively damaging the republican party, and causing nothing but chaos. That move would take the step that the tea-party should have, create an actual party. This Trump party would consist of all of the disenfranchised white people who stuck by him, and all of the deplorables. Then, he would use, say, his own network to further his message. Steve Bannon and Roger Ailes must be licking their chops for such an opportunity. Ailes gets to rival Fox, and Bannon gets to have a worldwide platform to further his Leninist philosophy to burn down the U.S. government. To make it more worrisome is that Trump's bromance Vladimir Putin can use it as a U.S. propaganda outlet, further endangering our philosophy.

Again, it's just a theory of mine, but I think i'm probably not too far off the mark.

Remember those billboards we used to see of W. Bush and the caption "Do you miss me now?"? We could start seeing those with Barack Obama on them instead, because trump isn't going to go quietly. If he doesn't get his way, he'll burn the house down. That's what a spoiled little narcissistic megalomaniac does.

I still can't imagine how anyone can rationally vote for him and think he'll actually change anything for the better.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  21.1 KB
    Maybe it will be a GOOD thing that the U.S. 2-party political system is destroyed, given that NEITHER party represents the overwhelming majority of their population [[but, rather, only the billionaires and multi-millionaires). Maybe then, smaller, more focussed parties can actually represent each viable interest group, including the large contingents of the basic population. The multi-party systems that often have coalition governments, at least, give the basic populations the opportunity to be represented.

And, don't insult the legendary musician Donald "Duck" Dunn by using it with Trump's name.
Views: 242
    Never mind that! Don't insult Donald Duck, himself, by associating his name with that of Donald Trump!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Unfortunately, it may be that Mrs Clinton will win the Presidency not because she is seen to be so good, but because Mr Trump is seen to be so bad.

If I were an American voter, I would feel there is no option than to vote for her.
Views: 247
    MAY be??? It certainly WILL be. Yes, - there IS NO option.

Surely the Democrats will have to win control of the House of Representatives and the Senate before you are able to say that.

I watched the debate yesterday and the Don-meister was always attacking Hilary [[verbally, of course). The moderator didn't seem very good either...?

I watched the debate yesterday and the Don-meister was always attacking Hilary [[verbally, of course). The moderator didn't seem very good either...?
    The moderator Chris Wallace is from Fox news, and stated that he was going to let Trumpster dig his own hole [[well, he didn't really say that, but he may as well have).

It seemed at times that he was losing control,and as moderator he has to control things.

The moderator Chris Wallace is from Fox news, and stated that he was going to let Trumpster dig his own hole [[well, he didn't really say that, but he may as well have).
    Thank you, soulster, I remember Trump kept saying "Chris" all the time but I didn't know he was from Fox News [[I've never watched it!)

It seemed at times that he was losing control,and as moderator he has to control things.
    Yeah, it seemed like that to me as well