[REMOVE ADS]

Love on my mind tonight temptations live

I did a search and could not see this posted on the forum.... in any event a fabulous live vocal performance by The Temptations ....... great harmonies....

That is one of my favorites from this grouping of The Temptations. I believe this particular performance is from an Atlantic City concert they did back around 1983-84.

That was great Mike, never seen it before. The guys sounded great and looked great too - I wish they'd wear the tuxes more nowadays rather than the garish outfits they tend to wear.
    It's by far and away the standout track on the Surface Thrills LP, and one of the later-period ballads I've begun to warm to in recent times - I was watching performances of Lady Soul and Soul To Soul on youtube only last night

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    That was great Mike, never seen it before. The guys sounded great and looked great too - I wish they'd wear the tuxes more nowadays rather than the garish outfits they tend to wear.
    It's by far and away the standout track on the Surface Thrills LP, and one of the later-period ballads I've begun to warm to in recent times - I was watching performances of Lady Soul and Soul To Soul on youtube only last night
    Soulwally, did you like "Struck by Lightning Twice"?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Soulwally, did you like "Struck by Lightning Twice"?
    It's ok only. Without listening again I think it's a Richard street lead, which I'm always partial to.

It's ok only. Without listening again I think it's a Richard street lead, which I'm always partial to.
    I too like Richard's leads. He was at his best on songs like "Hey Girl".

Glad you liked it!. Always shy and measured about posting stuff to this forum as the pushback can be quite strong !!!!!!!!

Caveat... the lead is by Louis Price who is truly exceptional

And Joe Simon's wonderful version...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Glad you liked it!. Always shy and measured about posting stuff to this forum as the pushback can be quite strong !!!!!!!!

Mike, buddy! Don't be scurred...........LOL! Thank you for posting this.

Also from this period and one of my favorites:

Sail Away is great, one of Ron Tyson's first leads with the group. Again, probably the best track on Back To Basics, which promised much but let me down. Always thought Louis and Joe had not-so-dissimilar voices.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Caveat... the lead is by Louis Price who is truly exceptional

Oh that was a definite favorite of mine in 1977-78. My brother bought and played the album for me then and I went out and bought my own copy as soon as I could.

Sail Away is great, one of Ron Tyson's first leads with the group. Again, probably the best track on Back To Basics, which promised much but let me down. Always thought Louis and Joe had not-so-dissimilar voices.
    I know what you mean. It came out the same time the Four Top's "Back Where I Belong" album. I bought them together. I ended up playing the Tops album more. They both were issued not long after the "Motown 25" tv special.

Marv,you know that[struck by lightning twice]is a baaaadd mama jamma!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Marv,you know that[struck by lightning twice]is a baaaadd mama jamma!!!
    You got that right! I loved how they performed it too.