[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana In Athens

Smile Diana In Athens

I once owned a video copy of Diana performing at an amphitheatre in Greece that i lost many moons ago. I believe the year was 92, but am not sure.
    The accoustics make for superb sound with Diana looking dazzling, wearing gowns i had never seen her in before. There was an interview with her that proceeded the concert where she talks of getting to explore the country and of her duet with Julio.
    Does anyone know if or when this was ever televised anywhere in the world or if it was ever officially released?.

I do not remember seeing it televised. A fan had sent me a copy of the whole show if you are referring to this link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdmP-P5QUw

Missing you from that performance is also on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I do not remember seeing it televised. A fan had sent me a copy of the whole show if you are referring to this link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdmP-P5QUw
    That is indeed the one captainjames. A fan also sent me a copy years ago [[wonder if it was the same fan) but somehow it contrived to get lost.
    I really don't understand what the point of filming was if the concert was never to be televised anywhere. I think it a very special concert, possibly one of her very best with both Diana and her band on top form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I once owned a video copy of Diana performing at an amphitheatre in Greece that i lost many moons ago. I believe the year was 92, but am not sure.
    The accoustics make for superb sound with Diana looking dazzling, wearing gowns i had never seen her in before. There was an interview with her that proceeded the concert where she talks of getting to explore the country and of her duet with Julio.
    Does anyone know if or when this was ever televised anywhere in the world or if it was ever officially released?.
    It was originally considered for an official DVD release but Diana was not happy with it so it was broadcast once on Greek TV and then kind of shoved under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It was originally considered for an official DVD release but Diana was not happy with it so it was broadcast once on Greek TV and then kind of shoved under the carpet.
    Thanks for the info Bluebrock. Why am i not suprised that Diana blocked it's release lol.
    All i can say is what an awful waste!!.
    I really can't for the life of me think what she had to be unhappy about. Unless perhaps it involved money. She had never looked and sounded better in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 09-22-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Thanks for the info Bluebrock. Why am i not suprised that Diana blocked it's release lol.
    All i can say is what an awful waste!!.
    I really can't for the life of me think what she had to be unhappy about. Unless perhaps it involved money. She had never looked and sounded better in my humble opinion.
    I totally agree. but thats Diana for you.

Why the heck would she not release this? The sound was clear. Tour guides mentioned the concert into 2010.