[REMOVE ADS]

Trisco Pearson of the Force M.Ds

Trisco Pearson passed away Friday. Another victim of that god-awful C-word. He's the third member of the group to die, predeceased by Charles "mercury" Nelson and lead singer Antione "TCD" Lundy! May they all RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Trisco Pearson passed away Friday. Another victim of that god-awful C-word. He's the third member of the group to die, predeceased by Charles "mercury" Nelson and lead singer Antione "TCD" Lundy! May they all RIP.
    I thought three had already passed. They were all very young. Rest in Peace Trisco .

I guess it would be three if you included DJ Dr. Rock! But he was more of a sideman, ala Cornelius Grant. But I only included the ones that made up the core group.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I guess it would be three if you included DJ Dr. Rock! But he was more of a sideman, ala Cornelius Grant. But I only included the ones that made up the core group.
    Ok man, thanks. All the same, this is some sad news. Trisco was really cool. All of them were much too young.

Wow. These cats were all younger than me. I was a big fan of theirs in the '80s and hearing this is terrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. These cats were all younger than me. I was a big fan of theirs in the '80s and hearing this is terrible news.
    Trisco was the one to keep the group alive after the deaths of Antoine Lundy, DJ Dr. Rock and Charles "Mercury" Nelson. Force MD's was a group of friends that got together on the streets to harmonize like the groups did back in the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Trisco was the one to keep the group alive after the deaths of Antoine Lundy, DJ Dr. Rock and Charles "Mercury" Nelson. Force MD's was a group of friends that got together on the streets to harmonize like the groups did back in the 50s.
    One of the most beautiful singing performances I ever heard is "Tears" from their debut, "Love Letters". It blew my mind when I learned that it was done on one take in their Unsung episode. TC had a voice that ranked with Johnny Wilder, Jr., Luther, Phillip Bailey, and Smokey for its pure smoothness. He didn't have their chops, only because he didn't have their experience. He had soooo much more to do when he died.

With this news, I'm now extremely f***ed up for the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    One of the most beautiful singing performances I ever heard is "Tears" from their debut, "Love Letters". It blew my mind when I learned that it was done on one take in their Unsung episode. TC had a voice that ranked with Johnny Wilder, Jr., Luther, Phillip Bailey, and Smokey for its pure smoothness. He didn't have their chops, only because he didn't have their experience. He had soooo much more to do when he died.

With this news, I'm now extremely f***ed up for the next day or so.
    Jerry it's always been my opinion that the best singing comes from those who do it because of the sheer enjoyment of it and that is what TC did. Over time, he/ they will be remember as some of the greats.