[REMOVE ADS]

That's a very cool 4:17. Thanks for the link MJ.

Thanks MJ, a nice triubte to Tammi Terrell. PS Happpy New Year

Lorne

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    That's a very cool 4:17. Thanks for the link MJ.
    I thought you might like that, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Thanks MJ, a nice triubte to Tammi Terrell. PS Happpy New Year

Lorne
    Happy New Year to you too, Lorne! It's nice that Tammi and the collection are getting some more air time....

Very, very nice JP. I love Marvin Gaye's vocals SO much, but the world always seemed off its axis when I'd see and hear all of the rave accolades he deservedly received while Tammi's equal greatness was usually included as only a very brief entry or even a mere footnote. More and more the world seems closer to its rightful position. This NPR segment is one more step in the so right direction. Whether due to a future film, book, tv show or some future technology that we can't yet imagine, I believe that the zenith of Tammi Terrell's fame is still yet to come.

An excellent and fitting tribute. I found it interesting to hear about the "place holder vocal" on Ain't No Mountain. I had previously assumed that the song had been recorded as a Tammi solo but then duetised with Marvin like some of her other songs.

Eamonn

Quote Originally Posted by positivesoul View Post
    Very, very nice JP. I believe that the zenith of Tammi Terrell's fame is still yet to come.
    positivesoul....from your lips to God's ears.....

Tammi deserves a Hall of Fame berth somewhere, Rock & Roll, Vocal Group, etc. Don't matter. Just want her to be recognized for her legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I found it interesting to hear about the "place holder vocal" on Ain't No Mountain.
    I noticed that too. But I don't believe that is accurate. If that were the case Tammi would not be singing lines that were later taken out to fit Marvin in. I'm pretty sure that "Mountain" was a finished Tammi solo project. A job very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I noticed that too. But I don't believe that is accurate. If that were the case Tammi would not be singing lines that were later taken out to fit Marvin in. I'm pretty sure that "Mountain" was a finished Tammi solo project. A job very well done.
    I totally agree with you, Joseph!