[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up "Legit" CD's of Radio and TV Broadcasts??? HELP!

I know this post is not specifically about Motown releases, but it could definitely apply if there are concert recordings by Motown artists, originally broadcast on TV or radio, that are "out there" someplace... Please hear me out and help me with this.

Basically, the situation is this: Recently, I have noticed a whole slew of CD's on Amazon [[some on US site, but primarily on the UK site) of artists' live shows, first broadcast over the radio and on TV shows. So far, I have not noticed any for Motown artists, but there are tons out there by 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's artists such as The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, Chicago, The Monkees, John Fogerty, and others. These CD's come in sealed jewel cases with professional inserts and booklets. They appear "legit" in most every way, and they are sold right alongside the authentic label-released CD's. The sound quality on the discs varies. I have purchased several Beach Boys' titles, and some are excellent while others sound like the static-filled radio broadcasts that they originally were. CAN ANYONE explain to me the legality of these releases? What allows these "no-name" labels to release radio broadcast concerts? Is there some loophole that allows it??? I would sure love to know...

Westwood One would broadcast live concerts that were nationally syndicated back in the early 80s. Years later I learned that they recorded them on vinyl and would pop up in Goldmine Magazine from time to time. There were Motown artists included in their concert series.

Back in 1979 I picked up an LP of MCA Records "Ear Shot" Presents The Evolution Of War The Music Band, intended as an hour long radio show, but it's the only one I have & have never seen it on CD.