[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Is this Jean Terrell (or her look-alike)

    My bucket list is to clear up mysteries about what many will consider trivial information. On my list is this image I took from the 1993 episode of Diana Ross' appearance on the Oprah Show. When Diana first comes out, the camera goes out to the audience and captures a lady who I immediately said to myself, "That's Jean Terrell!" Of course, I don't recall anyone else ever mentioning it, so I put that idea into hibernation until I looked at video again yesterday.
    I doubt that it's Jean, however, what do you think?
    Name:  Jean Terrell.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  81.9 KB

    Note : If the picture does not occur, I must be doing something wrong using the menu

  2. #2
    That's not Jean Terrell. LOL! I didn't even have to look at the pic. All you needed to do is describe the scenario!

  3. #3
    Jean Terrell's look a-like is former Congresswoman, Yvonne Brathwaite Burke.

  4. #4
    Thanks, Marv. I noticed the camera stayed on her a relatively long time for an audience shot which added to my pondering. Ms. Burke is a lovely lady.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Thanks, Marv. I noticed the camera stayed on her a relatively long time for an audience shot which added to my pondering. Ms. Burke is a lovely lady.
    You're welcome. Jean Terrell herself has even commented on how much she and Rep. Burke looked alike.

  6. #6
    honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's not Jean Terrell. LOL! I didn't even have to look at the pic. All you needed to do is describe the scenario!
    That is so right why would Diana want her there she was nothing to her life just a girl who took over a job she did n;t want,even though she was good for it,just sayin.cheers.

  7. #7
    SupremeBoy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    That is so right why would Diana want her there she was nothing to her life just a girl who took over a job she did n;t want,even though she was good for it,just sayin.cheers.
    Just a girl, who took over a job another girl didn't want....


    What an...overly simplistic perspective.

  8. #8
    honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    Just a girl, who took over a job another girl didn't want....


    What an...overly simplistic perspective.
    thats correct people leave workplaces everyday and never see their replacement, work is work as simple as that,cheers.

  9. #9
    I posted this with sincere expectations of a clarification of the lady in the audience, who to my eyes/perceptions, looked like Jean. Thank you, Marv, for identifying the woman. My purpose was not to solicit "below the belt" comments. Most of these ladies who supposedly despise each other have shown up occasionally for each other's events. I still can't get over how that lady looks so much like Jean from the Right On album cover 23 years prior to this episode.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I posted this with sincere expectations of a clarification of the lady in the audience, who to my eyes/perceptions, looked like Jean. Thank you, Marv, for identifying the woman. My purpose was not to solicit "below the belt" comments. Most of these ladies who supposedly despise each other have shown up occasionally for each other's events. I still can't get over how that lady looks so much like Jean from the Right On album cover 23 years prior to this episode.
    You're welcome. These women do not despise one another. Only in the minds of some of their warped fans!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're welcome. These women do not despise one another. Only in the minds of some of their warped fans!
    Absolutely correct! I know this is an old thread but I'd like to add this. Jean has had some bad press down the years about being difficult. I spent a lot of hours during various tours on the road with Scherrie, Lynda and Jean during her stint with FLOS. All three are very personable, genuine ladies and this lineup laughed - a lot! Jean wasn't always as 'at ease' when surrounded by a lot of fans - but she was just the same during her 'official' tenure ('70-73). My memories (and BOY am I glad to have them) are of great times - even very early in the morning on the tour bus coming back from gigs - chit-chatting and gleaning truths about incidents in the Supremes history that I'd always longed to know and hear direct from the ladies who were there at the time.

    But I digressed - sorry. Back to the likeness thing. Her sister Lovie made me gasp when I met her in LA. She looked so much like Jean did back in the 70's it took my breath away! I have pictures stored somewhere - I'll try and dig them out. Of all the eight Supremes from the famous trio lineups, for me, Jean was the best/most versatile vocalist, followed closely by my friend Scherrie who I love dearly.

    Supremely Yours, Steve Weaver. 12/11/2020.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.