[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson & Jean Terrell...what???

Awhile ago there were discussions about how Mary and Jean will NEVER perform together again and that they would both rather die. I've read Supreme Faith and I know they didn't like each other towards the end of Jean's tenure as a Supreme but nothing THAT BAD! And when I asked about it, posters here just said "ooh touchy subject" and "Better leave this one alone" -- all secretive. Can SOMEBODY just tell me WHAT HAPPENED??? no fighting or drama or anything.
    Thanks !!

Probably those comments are made because some forum members are agitated if Jean likes Diana better than Mary etc.

It doesn't matter much anyway; most of them will never perform with any of the rest of them again anyway. And many group members from Beach Boys to Beatles to Stylistics don't get on well.

I think Jean just hot tired of Motown lack of support. The Supremes did have an offer to go to another record label.badically following the Four Tops there but MW backed out because she couldn't take or keep the Supremes name. But really when BG closed down Detroit location .it was over

Mary invited Jean to that Supremes presentation last year when Andy interviewed Mary and I've seen a pic of them on stage together at another time Mary talked about issues in Supreme Faith and also that jean supported her when Mary sued Motown. I imagine they may be ok with each other now . I didn't know Jean and Diana had a connection

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary invited Jean to that Supremes presentation last year when Andy interviewed Mary and I've seen a pic of them on stage together at another time Mary talked about issues in Supreme Faith and also that jean supported her when Mary sued Motown. I imagine they may be ok with each other now . I didn't know Jean and Diana had a connection
    Mary and Jean are not friends like some people on here would like to claim. My very reliable source tells me theyhave no contact except for the very occasional function. They did not get along when members of the Supremes but i don't believe there to be any bad blood nowadays though strangely Mary refused to discuss Jean when i interviewed her on two occasions, yet she was happy to discuss Diana, and discuss Diana she most certainly did!!
    Regarding Jean and Diana i do know that Jean attended a Diana concert back in the 90's and came backstage for a chat. It was whilst Jean was a member of the FLOS and i recall she left the group very shortly after that. I am not claiming there to be a connection there, It was merely a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by imakicola View Post
    Awhile ago there were discussions about how Mary and Jean will NEVER perform together again and that they would both rather die. I've read Supreme Faith and I know they didn't like each other towards the end of Jean's tenure as a Supreme but nothing THAT BAD! And when I asked about it, posters here just said "ooh touchy subject" and "Better leave this one alone" -- all secretive. Can SOMEBODY just tell me WHAT HAPPENED??? no fighting or drama or anything.
    Thanks !!
    Nothing happened. Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell are friends. You cannot believe everything these guys write especially when it deals with the personal matters of celebrities they do not personally know.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I think Jean just hot tired of Motown lack of support. The Supremes did have an offer to go to another record label.badically following the Four Tops there but MW backed out because she couldn't take or keep the Supremes name. But really when BG closed down Detroit location .it was over

It is not true that when Berry Gordy closed down the Detroit location it was all over. What the heck does that mean anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    There is no connection with Jean and Diane. He just made that up. You might realize by now that this guy just pulls stuff out of nowhere and post it to get a rise out of some people. As pathetic as that sounds, it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There is no connection with Jean and Diane. He just made that up. You might realize by now that this guy just pulls stuff out of nowhere and post it to get a rise out of some people. As pathetic as that sounds, it is the truth.
    Bluebrock is a very honest person and a real decent person. You should try and learn a thing about decency and honesty from Bluebrock instead of hurling insults and personall attacks. You are NOT the official biographer on all things Supreme and know nothing about there personal relationships so stop attacking someone who has actually worked for a former Supreme and other Motown artistss.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nothing happened. Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell are friends. You cannot believe everything these guys write especially when it deals with the personal matters of celebrities they do not personally know.
    He just made that up!

It depends on how one describes "friends." Do they chat every day? No. Do they lunch? No. But one has to understand that these ladies were coworkers moreso than friends. They are up in years now and have grandchildren and for the most part don't dwell on events that happened 40 years ago the way fans do. They don't live in the same geographic areas but they are in touch when all things Supreme come up. Jean made a rare appearance at the Grammy event honoring the group and was warmly received. Mary invited ALL the ladies. Only Lynda could not attend because she had made a prior commitment and didn't get the call in time to change things. It was simple as that but many fans read far more into it that what it is. I think it safe to say these ladies are quite respectful of each other.

Any differences between Jean and Mary were resolved long ago. It was a situation brought on by business and not personal issues. I do remember Jean calling Mary and some other ladies in the groups she worked in when she retired to tell them she retired and wish them well. It was a lovely thing to do.

As far as Mary not wanting to discuss Jean over Diana that's easy to figure out. First of all Mary has downplayed the 70s Supremes over the years because of booking issues. Secondly, her greatest success was with Diana Ross and it is that body of work that is far more memorable, and profitable, than her body of work with later groupings.

Let the ladies enjoy their retirements. We owe them that.

Enjoy the music.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    It depends on how one describes "friends." Do they chat every day? No. Do they lunch? No. But one has to understand that these ladies were coworkers moreso than friends. They are up in years now and have grandchildren and for the most part don't dwell on events that happened 40 years ago the way fans do. They don't live in the same geographic areas but they are in touch when all things Supreme come up. Jean made a rare appearance at the Grammy event honoring the group and was warmly received. Mary invited ALL the ladies. Only Lynda could not attend because she had made a prior commitment and didn't get the call in time to change things. It was simple as that but many fans read far more into it that what it is. I think it safe to say these ladies are quite respectful of each other.

Any differences between Jean and Mary were resolved long ago. It was a situation brought on by business and not personal issues. I do remember Jean calling Mary and some other ladies in the groups she worked in when she retired to tell them she retired and wish them well. It was a lovely thing to do.

As far as Mary not wanting to discuss Jean over Diana that's easy to figure out. First of all Mary has downplayed the 70s Supremes over the years because of booking issues. Secondly, her greatest success was with Diana Ross and it is that body of work that is far more memorable, and profitable, than her body of work with later groupings.

Enjoy the music.
    Rick
    You are right. I've see for myself Jean attending both of Mary's solo concert at the Roxy in Los Angeles California in the Mid 80's and Mary attending a solo show and sang with Jean and Lynda "Everybody Got The Right To Love". Mary also attended a Flos concert 1986 or 1987 and she joined the ladies for he finale "That's What Friends are For". As Rick stated their issues are or were business related.

Never fails to amaze me how people get so worked up and upset of stories that no one really knows the Truth about, I absolutely love Jean, as well as all the other Supremes.

All the surviving Supremes are friends. End of story.

Enjoy the music.
    The voice of reason once again. Thank you.

Hope you are drying out down there in Louisiana and getting your home all sorted out. ive been praying for you.

Fondly,

Roberta

Enjoy the music.
    Very well said. And I'm hoping that things get back to normal for you in Louisiana.

Name:  478424332.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  96.1 KB

Here's Jean, Scherrie, Susaye, and Mary from an event last year.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    All the surviving Supremes are friends. End of story.
    Except Diana and Mary since Mare betrayed Diana in her Dreamgirl trash rag,cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Name:  478424332.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  96.1 KB

Here's Jean, Scherrie, Susaye, and Mary from an event last year.
    Thanks for posting. Man Jean looks great. Well....they all look great!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks for posting. Man Jean looks great. Well....they all look great!

Supreme Sisters!!!