[REMOVE ADS]

Question for Dennis Coffey-Background group to Jack Montgomery on "Dearly Beloved"

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  21.1 KB
    Do you remember who they were?

Also, how was working with Don Juan Mancha?

I can't recall who the background singers were. Don hired them. Mike Theodore and I did the arrangements for the rhythm section, and horns, and strings. The singers were not there when we recorded the arrangements. That was the first horn and string arrangement Mike and I had done together. The first string arrangement I did was "I'll Love you Forever" by the Holidays for Don Davis. Joe Hunter did the rhythm arrangements. Mike saw me conducting the strings at Golden World so he asked me to join him on the project. Don was great to work with. That was also the beginning of an arrangement and production partnership between Mike and me that lasted all of these years. I recently signed an artist contract with Resonance Records who are going to release a live album on me produced by Mike and me in 1968. It is called "Hot Coffey in the D: Burnin" at Morey Baker's Lounge. Melvin Davis is on drums with Lyman Woodard on organ. It will be released in November of 2016. It is funky.