[REMOVE ADS]

People say-the dixie cups

This cute little gem sould've been the follow up to[chaple of love]but it's the b-side and a good one too!

I thought it was the follow-up. I've seen a clip of the girls on SHINDIG! and the host showed gold records they had received for both CHAPEL OF LOVE and PEOPLE SAY.

A great song, I love the Dixie Cups !

I have this beautiful EP in my Rock Ola jukebox :

From wiki;

Discography - Singles:

"Chapel of Love" b/w "Ain't That Nice" [[1964) Red Bird Records / U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #1[8] UK #22[9] Canada RPM #1
    "People Say" b/w "Girls Can Tell" [[1964) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #12[8] R&B #7[5] Canada RPM #7
    "You Should Have Seen The Way He Looked At Me" b/w "No True Love" [[1964) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #39[8] Canada RPM #20
    "Little Bell" b/w "Another Boy Like Mine" [[1964) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #51[8] R&B #21[5]
    "Iko Iko" b/w "I'm Gonna Get You Yet" [[1965) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #20[8] R&B #20[5] UK # 23[9] Canada RPM #26
    "Iko Iko" b/w "Gee Baby Gee" [[1965) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Chart [[Billboard) #20
    "Gee The Moon Is Shining Bright" b/w "I'm Gonna Get You Yet" [[1965) Red Bird Records/ U.S. Billboard #102[8]
    "Two-Way-Poc-A-Way" b/w "That's Where It's At" [[1965) ABC-Paramount Records /Written by Harold Fedison
    "What Goes Up Must Come Down" b/w "I'm Not The Kind Of Girl [[To Marry)" [[1965) ABC-Paramount Records
    "A-B-C Song" b/w "That's What The Kids Said" [[1965) ABC-Paramount Records
    "Love Ain't So Bad [[After All)" b/w "Daddy Said No" [[1966) ABC Records

Albums:

Chapel of Love [[1964) Red Bird Records/ Billboard 200 #112[10]
    Iko Iko [[1965) Red Bird Records [[re-packaged album that is the same as their debut with a different album cover under the title Iko Iko)[2]
    Riding High [[1965) ABC-Paramount Records
    Doing It Our Way [[2011) Iri Records

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I thought it was the follow-up. I've seen a clip of the girls on SHINDIG! and the host showed gold records they had received for both CHAPEL OF LOVE and PEOPLE SAY.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  21.1 KB
    "People Say" WAS the follow-up to "Chapel Of Love". The B side was "Ain't That Nice". Any issue of "Chapel Of Love" with "People Say" on the flip was an Oldies re-issue.

"Chapel Of Love" was Red Bird 1001 , "People Say" was Red Bird 1006.

Thanks gang,i stand corrected,that's why this place is the best.

Just a quick reminder that "Gee The Moon Is Shining Bright" was a rewrite of Veronica's [Ronnie Bennett] "Why Don't They Let Us Fall In Love".

The Dixie Cups also had two ABC tracks issued as a single in the UK:

HMV POP 1524 What Kind of Fool/ Danny Boy