[REMOVE ADS]

Request of Andy & George for A Go•Go 50th!

Hey Andy & George, I have a small request [[if possible) for A Go•Go's 50th Expanded Edition:

I believe that this release is one that had 3, 4 or even more different song track lineups. Possibly even one that was a 2 discs. Is it possible that you could include a list of these different lineups in the booklet ?

I don't know how the other fans feel, but i find it interesting to program these alternate lineups as playlists in iTunes to listen to them to see how the album could possibly have flowed differently. We all grew up listening to them as they were on vinyl or 8-Track and unless we made our own homemade cassette, it was much harder to replicate these alternate lineups. Now with the advent of digital music players, is it much easier to program our own.

Now, I realize that if there are that many different lineups, you have limited space in either cd or pdf booklets to list them. If it isn't possible to list them in them in the booklet, maybe the solution might be to list them on either the DRSEE facebook page or here in the SoulfulDetrtoit Forums. That would also make it easier for us seniors than having to get out the magnifying glass to read the cd booklet.

Anyway, I just that thought that it might be fun to have alternate track lineups and sequencing for us fans to check out what might have come out years ago. Unless we find these alternate sequencing published we may not know what Motown might have been thinking possible back then.

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Hey Andy & George, I have a small request [[if possible) for A Go•Go's 50th Expanded Edition:

I believe that this release is one that had 3, 4 or even more different song track lineups. Possibly even one that was a 2 discs. Is it possible that you could include a list of these different lineups in the booklet ?

I don't know how the other fans feel, but i find it interesting to program these alternate lineups as playlists in iTunes to listen to them to see how the album could possibly have flowed differently. We all grew up listening to them as they were on vinyl or 8-Track and unless we made our own homemade cassette, it was much harder to replicate these alternate lineups. Now with the advent of digital music players, is it much easier to program our own.

Now, I realize that if there are that many different lineups, you have limited space in either cd or pdf booklets to list them. If it isn't possible to list them in them in the booklet, maybe the solution might be to list them on either the DRSEE facebook page or here in the SoulfulDetrtoit Forums. That would also make it easier for us seniors than having to get out the magnifying glass to read the cd booklet.

Anyway, I just that thought that it might be fun to have alternate track lineups and sequencing for us fans to check out what might have come out years ago. Unless we find these alternate sequencing published we may not know what Motown might have been thinking possible back then.
    So far your wish has already been granted, though you never know what happens in final editing. And the booklet is a stunner!

Dear George, There are MANY of us who have been absolutely delighted by the work that you and Andy have put forward thus far. Without even seeing the booklet, I'm 100% sure I'll love it. Please keep up the outstanding work that you and he do. I'm ready to order 3 copies of A Go Go.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Dear George, There are MANY of us who have been absolutely delighted by the work that you and Andy have put forward thus far. Without even seeing the booklet, I'm 100% sure I'll love it. Please keep up the outstanding work that you and he do. I'm ready to order 3 copies of A Go Go.
    Ditto with love and respect! Thanks for all you do - Supremes fans are SO lucky to have you on our team...

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    So far your wish has already been granted, though you never know what happens in final editing. And the booklet is a stunner!
    Hey Thanx George! You and Andy do such amazing work on these releases. What you do and what we the fans get goes way beyond what other most remastering of vintage releases get! Having been around the industry for many years, it's like any other creative endeavour, there is ALWAYS change, even in the final hours.

Another thing that I've wondered because of the 4 releases being digital downloads only... Is the time between the final handing things into Universal and the download release shorter than if CD's were being manufactured. ? Another words, if Universal decides a release is March 20 on iTunes [[for example), are you able to work on it right up until March 13, where as if it something is a cd release, you have to have everything in Feb 20.