[REMOVE ADS]

To Those Who Have Been Praying For Me

Some of you may or may not know that Louisiana was drowned by massive flooding 10 days ago. A home I had lived in for 56 yrs where I began collecting Motown in 1964, which has never even had water in the yard went three feet underwater. I was able to save, it appears my Motown CDs. I had copied much of my rare vinyl to CD but the few hundred that were left perished. I do not know yet the condition of my Motown DVDs as I am drying them. I was evacuated by boat with two changes of clothes, a laptop and three dogs.

I will rebuild and FEMA has acted fairly quickly to that effect though it will take months. I am staying with family outside BR and am grateful. To add to my comfort was a call from the wonderful Andy Skurow...actually the first one to reach me, then Randy Taraborrelli. Lynda Lawrence sent me a sweet and inspiring email as did the spiritual Scherrie Payne. Ms Payne has a heart of pure gold. I also heard from Lois Reeves.

I may try to jumpstart a fundraiser once I am back in my home. But I have a lot of work ahead of me friends. Please keep me in your prayers

My very best wishes and prayers go out to you, BayouMotownMan. Remember that the darkest hour is just before dawn.

Glad that you're safe, BMM!

Good luck with everything,stay safe.

We just had devastating floods where I live but nowhere nearly as bad as LA. I truly hope you recover and my deepest sympathies are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Some of you may or may not know that Louisiana was drowned by massive flooding 10 days ago. A home I had lived in for 56 yrs where I began collecting Motown in 1964, which has never even had water in the yard went three feet underwater. I was able to save, it appears my Motown CDs. I had copied much of my rare vinyl to CD but the few hundred that were left perished. I do not know yet the condition of my Motown DVDs as I am drying them. I was evacuated by boat with two changes of clothes, a laptop and three dogs.

I will rebuild and FEMA has acted fairly quickly to that effect though it will take months. I am staying with family outside BR and am grateful. To add to my comfort was a call from the wonderful Andy Skurow...actually the first one to reach me, then Randy Taraborrelli. Lynda Lawrence sent me a sweet and inspiring email as did the spiritual Scherrie Payne. Ms Payne has a heart of pure gold. I also heard from Lois Reeves.

I may try to jumpstart a fundraiser once I am back in my home. But I have a lot of work ahead of me friends. Please keep me in your prayers
    Prayers are going up and blessings will be coming down to you dear BayouMotownMan.

Fondly,

Roberta

Stay strong. Be well. I wish you and yours the blessings of the Universe. Sincerely, JOsEph

Just terrible about your home and your music, but, you and your dogs are OK. I wish you well and a brighter tomorrow.

Hey Rick
    My thoughts and prayer to you and all of the other flood victims. Wishing you the best with your rebuilding and may it be better than ever.

You will continue to be in my prayers.

Jim

I've heard about the flooding in Louisiana and I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Will keep you in mind and hope for the best as you work to get back to normal. "Prayers Going Up".

Keep the faith. A number of years ago I lost almost everything in a fire so I sense what your going through.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  21.1 KB
    Glad your safe. Good luck with everything. I wish the absolute best possible outcome from all this, for you.

Take care of yourself along the way. Better days are coming! You are in my thoughts and prayers.