[REMOVE ADS]

Bbc proms 2016 - music of quincy jones

Monday evening the month long BBC TV PROMS SERIES featured the music of QUINCY JONES, the truly amazing guy was present and even conducted the last number featured in the two hour concert.

Most concerts are broadcast live on BBC4 HD Live, but this one went out live on radio but only on TV at 10pm, what a night it was The Royal Albert Hall rocked from start to finish, but so many missed it due the late TV broadcast. I am trying to get a DVD copy.

One performer was a young Brit James Collier, who arranged and sang "Human Nature" it was so moving and shows how the music of the Great Quincy Jones keeps on developing, great orchestration work.

Is this a revival of the Electric Proms, or the semi- classical music series?

No it is just the Classical Music Proms at the Royal Albert Hall, but they so seem more semi, there was an evening dedicated to the music of Bowie, the BBC also did a superb documentary on Quincy, and interviewed him the night before for the Sunday 10pm News, great interview,

A fabulous concert musically and sonically. Hearing the massive Metropole Orkest in full swing was as good as being at a Quincy Jones concert. It covered a wide range of his music - some more familiar than others. I especially enjoyed the initial TV themes medley inc Ironside, Call Me Mr Tibbs with Corey Henry's fantastic organ playing and grooving with Stuff Like That & Stomp. I have to say I could have done without several of the guest performers doing their own songs, but no-one can deny it was a special evening with some truly talented musicians. To top it all we had Quincy himself at the end!