[REMOVE ADS]

Have I missed the launch of a dedicated Supremes section

Been away from the baords a couple of months and I know this was talked about but didn't realise it had happened 38 threads on the first page of the motown section dedicated to the subject...

I suggested it when the Forum went through a complete change in August 2010. The consensus of opinion from SDF posters was not in favour.

As a result, the Motown forum on SDF is virtually redundant...........as predicted .

99.9% Supremes/Ross free here

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/motowntreasures/

All welcome.

NB. S*** stirrers excepted!
    Last edited by copley; 01-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Why is it an issue? Just post other stuff if you want and read other stuff. Dont get it.

Actually 35 of 100 Motown posts are about the Supremes--including Evan Ross! Hence almost 70% of posts are not about them. Still dont get it. Just ignore what not interested in!

I think their point might be that lots of the time, "there's nothing else to read".

But it's not really a problem; we can all pick and choose and avoid, much as we like to read posts from posters we enjoy. There are other forums, many other forums, and I suppose people have made their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I suggested it when the Forum went through a complete change in August 2010. The consensus of opinion from SDF posters was not in favour.
    Should have happened. I don't want to have to wade through all that cr@p to get to other Motown stuff.

Luke
    the point is that forum members not obsessed by DRATS get bored with the constant repetitive threads and drama queen action.
    This leads to people not bothering to come to the forum, so it becomes pointless posting non DRATS items with no audience to reach/respond to

I like the Supremes and Diana Ross and I don't mind the debate, but that's a lawyer speaking.

But I am clear on some realities of it. Some people detest it. Quite a number of people won't post here because of the extremes or the drama or whatever you call it. Many committed Supremes and Ross fans are gone from here. And a lot of Soul Music and Motown fans detest it too. Other people have posted alot and grow tired and go away. I miss some of the guys but some of them are in touch with me on Facebook ~ some very knowledgeable and connected people.

You can't have it both ways; it can't be an open forum and then you limit it here and there. But if it's an open forum, you've got to expect some pretty wild debate and extreme commentary because "it's a forum".

While Luke may be right just now, many times 8 of the Top 10 Motown Topics are about Diana Ross or the Supremes and will include things some people find distasteful - Berry killed Flo; Mary's foot massage; a dress debate; Diana squashed Flo's earring; how can we get back at Diana in a Jehovah Witness backed low budget film of some kind; did Diana shove Mary at M25 or did Mary act out and cause it; and who cares after 40 years?

In the end, unless the owners want to change things, you join in if you want or you check out if you want. But this is a private forum and the owners can do as they wish whether we like it or not or whether we approve.

welcome back snake,paul,adrian and copley!
    i was begining to wonder where you all went

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I like the Supremes and Diana Ross and I don't mind the debate, but that's a lawyer speaking.

But I am clear on some realities of it. Some people detest it. Quite a number of people won't post here because of the extremes or the drama or whatever you call it. Many committed Supremes and Ross fans are gone from here. And a lot of Soul Music and Motown fans detest it too. Other people have posted alot and grow tired and go away. I miss some of the guys but some of them are in touch with me on Facebook ~ some very knowledgeable and connected people.

You can't have it both ways; it can't be an open forum and then you limit it here and there. But if it's an open forum, you've got to expect some pretty wild debate and extreme commentary because "it's a forum".

While Luke may be right just now, many times 8 of the Top 10 Motown Topics are about Diana Ross or the Supremes and will include things some people find distasteful - Berry killed Flo; Mary's foot massage; a dress debate; Diana squashed Flo's earring; how can we get back at Diana in a Jehovah Witness backed low budget film of some kind; did Diana shove Mary at M25 or did Mary act out and cause it; and who cares after 40 years?

In the end, unless the owners want to change things, you join in if you want or you check out if you want. But this is a private forum and the owners can do as they wish whether we like it or not or whether we approve.
    Besides if you want to start a thread here that doesn't have anything to do with The Supremes, it's very easy to start one. Though I remember this past fall someone tried to overwhelm all the Supremes threads by starting threads with embedded videos by Motown acts who were not the Supremes. Most of the threads died very quickly and the main discussion that resulted was people complaining about reliance on youtube to talk about music.

It should be noted that fans of other acts can act just like Supremes fans when interpersonal breaks out in their favorite group. Just check out the Theo Peoples fired from the 4 Tops Thread here.

I totally cringe when I see people start going hysterical in Stylistics threads and the Four Tops thread; I completely understand why most people and all the public think Supremes fans are nuts when they act like that; 99.99% of the world does not give ONE damn about any of it...........Supremes, Diana Ross, Four Tops or Stylistics. Almost no one in the world knows who Russell Tompkins, Theo Peoples, Duke Fakir, Otis Williams, Mary Wilson or their replacements are. Those that do are on here to discuss them!

This is a forum; discussion is the spice of life!

When you don't like, you take a break, you don't post. If you like, you participate.

Some people have complaints because there are just way too many of Supremes/Ross threads. Sometimes it seems like that is all there is. On top of that, some thread titles are not descriptive [[deceptive is more like it). One doesn't realize it's a damn Supremes tread until you click on it. Do these fans think everybody has the Supremes on their minds or something? I don't.

uptight Guest
    38 threads, huh? I can't believe the OP actually counted them! LOL

What's an OP?

Is it like an old fart?

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    38 threads, huh? I can't believe the OP actually counted them! LOL
    Can't believe you know how to use initials

ROB! You're very naughty at times!

I thought it meant an Old Person....

Ya, I'm bad; I was bad on Word Association too and now they've had their best moments in a couple years.

I was fearful these guys weren't friends and that OP meant something even naughtier........Old..............go searching!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Ya, I'm bad; I was bad on Word Association too and now they've had their best moments in a couple years.

I was fearful these guys weren't friends and that OP meant something even naughtier........Old..............go searching!

No, Rob....the enjoyment WORD ASSOCIATION was due to the COLABORATIVE nature of the posts....not just yours. Sometimes you give lawyers a well deserved reputation for being quite full of...full of...well....full of themselves.
    Check some of the OTHER posts...you will find much naughtier stuff than what you posted.

uptight Guest
    OP = Original Poster of this thread. And I think Paul is a cool guy.

topdiva1 Guest
    It is indeed very easy to post threads that you are interested in, and wish to hear from others on. As it is just as easy to move on from threads that do not interest you.

So, what's the problem - stop whining and create post on people, places, and things that you wish to discuss.

Topdiva,

If there are going to be tons of Supremes/Ross threads cluttering up the place, at least the starters of these threads should be descriptive about what the threads are about in their titles so people who are not interested don't won't be tricked into clicking on them.

From now on, maybe I should feel free to crap all over such threads that do not tell me what they are about in the title. After all, if I am going to have my time wasted being tricked by clicking on a thread, I can waste your time by trolling them. How about that? If you have me on ignore, I can still clutter up the thread with posts that say "This person is on your ignore list".

Man, just be descriptive in the thread title, guys. That's all I ask. Cool? That way, if we're going to have all these Supremes/Ross threads, we will be warned.

Thanks!

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ point taken - but should you inadvertently click on a thread that your no interested in why stop and ",,,crap all over such threads", just move forward.

Better titles for threads will lead to less crapping, guys. You've been asked.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    ^ point taken - but should you inadvertently click on a thread that your no interested in why stop and ",,,crap all over such threads", just move forward.

I agree with TopDiva.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post

I have to agree lol

I know it's an abundance but if it's something that don't interest me, let it die or keep it moving. I actually don't mind the Supremes threads if they're classy ones like the ones that focused on how great their harmonies are on this song, or how Florence, Diana, Mary, Susaye, Cindy, Jean, Scherrie, Lynda, etc. sounded on this particular song.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I agree with TopDiva.

Well thanks a lot. I appreciate you saying that.