[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Tunes Featured at London Protest

Thanks for this link. Alas, homophobia is alive and well. Just read some of the comments...reprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for this link. Alas, homophobia is alive and well. Just read some of the comments...reprehensible.
    ill never understand why people cant just realize that love is love and love is a beautiful thing. it shouldnt matter who you love it should only matter that you love.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    ill never understand why people cant just realize that love is love and love is a beautiful thing. it shouldnt matter who you love it should only matter that you love.

Roberta
    A lovely thought but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

But as the pictures show, we have come so far

consider this a trans- ition period.. [[dedicated to Jayne [[the former Wayne) County..)

I feel a bit sorry for the security guard, who is doing a job which is comparatively low-paid. He would have had to take the customer's complaint seriously and deal with her politely, and I doubt if he would have had the training to deal with the situation correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for the security guard, who is doing a job which is comparatively low-paid. He would have had to take the customer's complaint seriously and deal with her politely, and I doubt if he would have had the training to deal with the situation correctly.
    The gay couple should never have been ask to leave the store in the first place. They held hands........so what????? The womans easily offended and needs to get a grip.

I agree 100%...but that security guard should never have been put in a position where he had to make that decision. If he had done nothing, no doubt the woman would have complained about him to his employers, then he would have had to worry about facing disciplinary action.

In Canada, if the employer had done anything to the employee if he refused to do nothing, they could easily face a Human Rights Code complaint and would have been ordered to reinstate him with pay if they fired him and probably faced a fine as well, like maybe $10,000.

I thought it was good for some to simply have to see the pictures in the newspaper.

Employment law can get tricky over here. Security guards tend to work for security companies, so in this case he would have been likely not to have been working directly for the shop.