[REMOVE ADS]

My name is Berry Gordy Jr.

Thanks skooldem1. I haven't seen this in years - and years. I remember when it was first shown, I couldn't believe nobody knew who he was.

I wonder what he did with the $1,000.00?

gambled with it...

smark21 Guest
    Great find. First time I've seen Florence in the middle for a performance.

I may be wrong but I think Berry liked this broadcast so much he bought a film copy from CBS at the time for the Motown vault..

Boy I miss Johnny Olson.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I may be wrong but I think Berry liked this broadcast so much he bought a film copy from CBS at the time for the Motown vault..
    That sounds familiar to me too, but I'm not sure either. He sure looked like a proud papa that night. I love it when the girls came down and kissed him, his grin got even bigger.

Im pretty sure he did buy a copy..he also bought The Ready Steady Go Motown special and the now stolen video master performance of The Happening and interview from The Tonight Show which NBC had erased their copy..

What a delightful piece of nostalgia. Were people really that polite on TV?

I can easily believe that in 1965 few people, outside the music business, would have any idea who Berry Gordy was. And that kiss by the girls at the end was priceless. I would have made sure to get a copy of that myself.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Im pretty sure he did buy a copy..he also bought The Ready Steady Go Motown special and the now stolen video master performance of The Happening and interview from The Tonight Show which NBC had erased their copy..
    Why back then would he have had to BUY a copy??

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Why back then would he have had to BUY a copy??
    I've had a very rough copy of the Tonight Show of "the Happening" along with the interview segment for a very long time.
    Last edited by marv2; 01-05-2011 at 11:34 PM.

miss_lish Guest
    In addition to The Happening video, the video we REALLY need is their appearance on the Tonight Show on the evening of MLK's assassination.

I doubt that footage exists anymore Miss Lish and its a crime as it was an important moment in racial history on tv,,and seeing it was repeated a few nights later wipng the master tape is even more remarkable..
    top Diva- its standard practice for the networks to charge if you want a video copy Berry and Motown corporation are no different from anyone else if Berry wanted a copy of those shows he would have had to pay like anybody else..