[REMOVE ADS]

Any Love Unlimited Fans Out There?

Yes indeed Luke. I love my female singing combos and Love Unlimited were up there with the best of them.Walking in the rain is one of my all time favs which still sends shivers down my spine whenever i hear it and It may be winter outside is another gem. Barry White created lots of gems for them and i always felt they were denied the accolades they deserved. Hapy memories.

Oh yeah,they rank with the supremes as far as i'm concerned,just without the hits great great group..move me no mountains is a soul classic!!

Still love this over forty years on .....

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh yeah,they rank with the supremes as far as i'm concerned,just without the hits great great group..move me no mountains is a soul classic!!
    Yep ... "Move Me No Mountain" is a total classic .. then I hear the Dionne Warwick
    version and I think that is better .. till the next time I hear The Love Unlimited recording and I think that is better .. then I hear Dionne Warwick and I think that is better .. then I hear The Love Unlimited version which is obviously better .. then I hear the Dionne Warwick version and I think that so obviously better .. and then I hear the Love Unlimited Version and I think .... get the picture

Another favourite ....

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Yep ... "Move Me No Mountain" is a total classic .. then I hear the Dionne Warwick
    version and I think that is better .. till the next time I hear The Love Unlimited recording and I think that is better .. then I hear Dionne Warwick and I think that is better .. then I hear The Love Unlimited version which is obviously better .. then I hear the Dionne Warwick version and I think that so obviously better .. and then I hear the Love Unlimited Version and I think .... get the picture

Roger, I wished you had gone into more detail about this.

yep ... "move me no mountain" is a total classic .. Then i hear the dionne warwick
    version and i think that is better .. Till the next time i hear the love unlimited recording and i think that is better .. Then i hear dionne warwick and i think that is better .. Then i hear the love unlimited version which is obviously better .. Then i hear the dionne warwick version and i think that so obviously better .. And then i hear the love unlimited version and i think .... Get the picture
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i get the picture.

My fave LU song was "I'll Be Yours [[Forever More)". Since someone else mentioned their version of "It May Be Winter Outside," do you think we will ever get a CD re-issue of anything by that song's original artist Felice Taylor?

And let us not forget this great one . I Belong to You Aren't we also still waiting for a Live Unlimmited anthology? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51APDhg7Ilc

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    And let us not forget this great one . I Belong to You Aren't we also still waiting for a Live Unlimmited anthology? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51APDhg7Ilc
    Yes indeed Luke. There was an excellent single disc complilation around the turn of the century but we really need a double cd or the original albums expanded to do the girls full justice.

I like both versions but for me Dionne's just has the edge , but it is a close run thing.

How about Chaka doing Move Me No Mountain? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E3dLwV...iTooSw5Jigt5oB

I have that version,buy it can't touch the original.

Recently found a brand new copy of the cd-version of From A Girls Point Of View for just 5 euros in Amsterdam

I've been a huge Love Unlimited fan from Day 1. Their Barry White-produced albums as well as their back-up vocals on Barry's own albums are among my favorites in my CD collection. The girls -- Glodean, twin sister Linda, and the late Diane [[Dee Dee) -- were sexy and super-elegant, with luxurious harmonies that were instantly recognizable. Top-notch all the way! My favorite Love Unlimited track is "I Guess I'm Just Another Girl In Love" from their "He's All I've Got" album.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-11-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Speaking of Love Unlimited, there is [[or was) a show on the History Channel whereby they dealt with restored cars. Did any of you see the episode last year in which the restoration expert obtained a car that used to belong to Barry White? The guy fixed it up like new and then presented it as a surprise gift to his good/old friend -- Glodean White! It was a very touching scene that brought tears to Glodean's eyes as well as mine. Glodean instantly recognized it as Barry's car and was immediately overcome with emotion and gratitude. It was one of the sweetest TV moments I've ever seen. And, of course, being an avid Barry White and Love Unlimited fan, it brought it all home for me.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-11-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Does anyone know what Glodean is up to these days? Did any of the girls records after leaving the group? Glodean reminded me some of Wanda Rogers. Love their music.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Does anyone know what Glodean is up to these days? Did any of the girls records after leaving the group? Glodean reminded me some of Wanda Rogers. Love their music.
    In Barry White's autobiography which came out back in the late 1990's, he said that Diane [[Dee Dee) had died from cancer. I don't remember much about Linda, but Glodean, along with their kids, had been singing back-up vocals for Barry's current albums at the time. [[This would have been around the time of Barry's "The Icon Is Love" album.) What Glodean's been doing since, I have no idea. But I CAN tell you this -- In the car-restoration episode that I mentioned above, she still looked good -- a tad older and perhaps a bit rounder like the rest of us -- and she had really long hair [[probably a fall or extensions, or whatever you call it), but she looked good. I don't remember the name of the show because I'm not a fan. I came across it by chance when I was changing channels. I heard the restorer say the name "Barry White". And when the restorer said that he was gonna fix up the car and present it to his dear friend, Glodean White, that was all it took! I watched the rest of the episode, which, as I said before, was very touching when he presented it to her. At the very end of the episode, it showed Glodean cruising down the highway in Barry's like-new car.

Oh, BTW, lakeside, I never made the connection before, but you're absolutely right -- Glodean and Wanda do INDEED share some definite physical similarities. Funny, after all these years, that thought never occurred to me.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-11-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Thank you, Gary. I would have liked to have seen the car episode just to see Glodean. I did remember of Diane Taylor passing and I thought her sister, Linda, moved to Europe?

Thank you, Gary. I would have liked to have seen the car episode just to see Glodean. I did remember of Diane Taylor passing and I thought her sister, Linda, moved to Europe?
    Wish no more, lakeside! I just found this 2012 photo of Danny Koker & Glodean from "Counting "Cars -- Season 1, Episode 13. [[Danny is the guy who Barry White's estate hired to restore Barry's 1979 Stutz.) I found the video on YouTube, which I was going to include here, but when you open it, a girl starts talking saying, "We're sorry, but this video is no longer available on YouTube.) So much for that! But here's a photo from the episode. I would have never recognized Glodean on my own, would you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381344/...r/rm2461910528
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-11-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Wish no more, lakeside! I just found this 2012 photo of Danny Koker & Glodean from "Counting "Cars -- Season 1, Episode 13. [[Danny is the guy who Barry White's estate hired to restore Barry's 1979 Stutz.) I found the video on YouTube, which I was going to include here, but when you open it, a girl starts talking saying, "We're sorry, but this video is no longer available on YouTube.) So much for that! But here's a photo from the episode. I would have never recognized Glodean on my own, would you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381344/...r/rm2461910528
    Wow....I would have never guessed that was Glodean. There was one give-away....the
    5 inch fingernail! LOL! You go Glodean.....rocking those LONG nails....still!

Wow....I would have never guessed that was Glodean. There was one give-away....the
    5 inch fingernail! LOL! You go Glodean.....rocking those LONG nails....still!
    Yeah, I know! Glodean's 'claws' put even Diana's to shame! Gotta love it!

It is a mystery that "Under the Influence" has never been on CD despite it peaking at #3 on the Top 200. It forced me to go to YouTube and assemble the album from various clips posted. It was the first place "Love's Theme" was available.

Another favourite ....

This was note for note the well known Supremes B-side "Everything's Good About You" which was on "My World is Empty Without You".

How about Chaka doing Move Me No Mountain? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E3dLwV...iTooSw5Jigt5oB
    i like them both but Chaka's a little grittier, surprise, surprise.

Glodean has never reminded me of Wanda physically at all. But musically yes from the start
    of Love Unlimited career and I've never believed that was purely coincidence or accident.
    Everybody and their momma by now knows Barry White had a serious Motown fixation
    for the longest time pre- his blowing up as a leader. It's hard for me to pick a LU favorite
    but Share A Little Love, He's All I've Got and Gotta Be Where You Are all tie for the top spot
    for me. Her delivery on Share... sounds straight out of the Wanda Rogers playbook to my
    ears. And is it just me or does the bass solo at the end of Walking In The Rain sound like
    it was interpolated from an Eddie Kendricks release...?...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Glodean has never reminded me of Wanda physically at all. But musically yes from the start
    of Love Unlimited career and I've never believed that was purely coincidence or accident.
    Everybody and their momma by now knows Barry White had a serious Motown fixation
    for the longest time pre- his blowing up as a leader. It's hard for me to pick a LU favorite
    but Share A Little Love, He's All I've Got and Gotta Be Where You Are all tie for the top spot
    for me. Her delivery on Share... sounds straight out of the Wanda Rogers playbook to my
    ears. And is it just me or does the bass solo at the end of Walking In The Rain sound like
    it was interpolated from an Eddie Kendricks release...?...
    I read Barry's book many years ago. If I remember correctly, I think he became good friends with Bobby Rogers. I believe he wrote something about him and Bobby going to see "his girl Wanda" and the Marvelettes at the Apollo.

There's a clip on YouTube of Glodean speaking at I guess it was Barry's star on Walk of Fame and she brought her sister up and introduced her. I wonder why she and her sister don't tour with a Love Unlimmited Orchestra doing Barry's music??!
    Last edited by luke; 08-13-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Cool video, luke! It's great to see Glodean and Linda together again, if only as part of the dedication. Was pleasantly surprised that Berry Gordy was also a part of the celebration. It was a really nice touch. Gotta wonder, though -- How does Glodean function with those 5" nails? A simple act like brushing her teeth could risk poking her eye out!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-25-2016 at 12:44 AM.