[REMOVE ADS]

To hair or not to hair...!

This one is not about the female artist most of whom wore wigs, back in the day,but about some of the guys whose hair wasn't exactly thier hair...walter williams[the o'jays]glenn leonard[the temptations]...michael jackson[after his hair was burned]who else had the[hair]issues?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    This one is not about the female artist most of whom wore wigs, back in the day,but about some of the guys whose hair wasn't exactly thier hair...walter williams[the o'jays]glenn leonard[the temptations]...michael jackson[after his hair was burned]who else had the[hair]issues?
    Radio DJ Hal Jackson LOL!

Are you sure about Walt Williams? I thought he had a receding afro, and then it just went and went... until he shaved it. And very handsome he looks too.
    But what about Richard Street. Didn't I read he had some sort of endorsement deal with a wig manufacturer?

Not sure when Chubby Checker became insecure about his hair, but that jet black rug he wears is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Not sure when Chubby Checker became insecure about his hair, but that jet black rug he wears is embarrassing.
    I see what you're talking about Jerry. I think maybe Glenn and
    Chubby might be buying from the same company?

Last edited by blueskies; 08-03-2016 at 07:42 PM.

LOL. That looks like they share the same wig!

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Are you sure about Walt Williams? I thought he had a receding afro, and then it just went and went... until he shaved it. And very handsome he looks too.
    But what about Richard Street. Didn't I read he had some sort of endorsement deal with a wig manufacturer?
    I have to step in. Richard Street never wore a wig. That was all his natural hair. I knew members of his family and they all had good hair genes LOL

Now, David Ruffin donned a wig once for a Soul Train appearance in the early 70s when he performed Blood Donor Needed or something similar sounding.

I use to believe that Rick James work hair extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have to step in. Richard Street never wore a wig. That was all his natural hair. I knew members of his family and they all had good hair genes LOL

Now, David Ruffin donned a wig once for a Soul Train appearance in the early 70s when he performed Blood Donor Needed or something similar sounding.
    Here's David...

...and here's Teddy looking hairy

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Here's David...
    That's the one. Thanks Soulwally!

Bobby Rydell wore a rug at times.

Poor chubby needs to stop, maybe he should just[twist]his natural hair.

Did david borrow that one from one of the vandellas???

I believe that jazz legends[earl fatha hines-miles davis]wore them too.

It was concluded after his death that Michael Jackson wore a wig in his latter years.

Did david borrow that one from one of the vandellas???
    He borrowed it from Martha, arr&bee

Hair is such a sensitive issue for so many people that I usually avoid mentioning it to anyone's
    face regardless of whether I like it or not. Especially women, I will say. Between all the
    wigs, weaves, extensions and different colorings, I find it safest to keep my mouth shut.
    Dang, I remember when women usually picked between blonde, brunette or redhead.
    Now, it's the funkin' rainbow, blue,pink,purple and grass green all up in the mix and if that
    ain't enough we have young women dyeing their hair GRAY! She'll get there sooner or later
    but honey is 22, 25 years old walking around with gray braids this month after last years
    pink afro, wtf...LOL!...

George Clinton wore wigs on stage.

I think the godfather of revolutionary funk[george washington]wore one too]!!