[REMOVE ADS]

Vintage Scherrie CD

According to web site.....ready in about 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    According to web site.....ready in about 7 days.
    Yippity! iTunes as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yippity! iTunes as well?
    Not sure, sansradio. I guess we'll find out soon.
    https://www.facebook.com/Nu-Improved...0189871753131/

Wow! Can't wait. I hope this will be a full album?

Excellent news. I love Scherrie Payne's music and voice. Thanks Blueskies!

At Last!

Does anyone know where we will be able to order this CD from?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Does anyone know where we will be able to order this CD from?
    The address and phone number of the record company are on the picture above.

http://www.rgpentertainmentgroupinc.com/

But on the Nu & Improved Records/Altair Records Facebook page, Rick Giantos begins the 7 day countdown on....
    a post dated July 9.

Oh well.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 07-20-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Just saw the tracklisting on Facebook and I am disappointed, considering how long this project has been in the pipeline, along with the FLOS' Supremely Yours II [[which only ended up being an EP in the end). Only four of the songs are new/previously unreleased with two recorded in 2016. Depending on which fan you ask, they may say the new songs are more or less than four, since this includes some unreleased 80's tracks that some of us have had for years, along with remixes of these tracks.

I can respect how hard everyone works to put these projects out there, especially considering the time and money it takes to record and produce a record. However, don't tease us for months and months [[even years) about a "new album" and then only release a compilation of mostly old recordings. Call it what it is to avoid alienating and disappointing those who have been loyal and have waited enthusiastically.

I'm buying this,love me some Scherrie Payne.

I just went to the CD Baby site to order "Vintage Scherrie" and it is sold out! Go Scherrie! I'm on the waiting list for the next batch, hope it won't be too long. I especially want to hear the 2016 version of "Crumbs Off The Table" [[the sample is awesome). I've checked Amazon and importcds but so far neither has it listed. Anyone know where else I might check?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Just saw the tracklisting on Facebook and I am disappointed, considering how long this project has been in the pipeline, along with the FLOS' Supremely Yours II [[which only ended up being an EP in the end). Only four of the songs are new/previously unreleased with two recorded in 2016. Depending on which fan you ask, they may say the new songs are more or less than four, since this includes some unreleased 80's tracks that some of us have had for years, along with remixes of these tracks.

I can respect how hard everyone works to put these projects out there, especially considering the time and money it takes to record and produce a record. However, don't tease us for months and months [[even years) about a "new album" and then only release a compilation of mostly old recordings. Call it what it is to avoid alienating and disappointing those who have been loyal and have waited enthusiastically.
    I only recognize 3 songs on this CD: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Crumbs Off the Table and Let Yourself Go.

Can you tell us which of the other tracks are tracks already recorded by Scherrie in another form? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I just went to the CD Baby site to order "Vintage Scherrie" and it is sold out! Go Scherrie! I'm on the waiting list for the next batch, hope it won't be too long. I especially want to hear the 2016 version of "Crumbs Off The Table" [[the sample is awesome). I've checked Amazon and importcds but so far neither has it listed. Anyone know where else I might check?
    I think this SOLD OUT immediately. I went to cdbaby right away and it was gone! I'm on the waiting list, too. Can't wait.

My copy arrived this morning from CDBaby! What a treat to have this new CD release from Sherrie Payne. Congratulations to Rick and all of the team who put this together and got it out to fans. It is an excellent release, professionally done and polished. Thanks again!

With no offense, it's releases like this that drive me nuts.

Do we really need 6 and 7 and 17 minute "mixes" of songs that are a decade old? For all of that "filler", this CD could have easily held another 8 tracks.

Will this CD be available on amazon and elsewhere? Or dare I say it on itunes?!

I think this SOLD OUT immediately. I went to cdbaby right away and it was gone! I'm on the waiting list, too. Can't wait.
    They must have sold out immediately, and you were the one that posted the link!
    Though we'll have to wait a little longer, I am super happy for Scherrie!

I thought there would be older tracks too, but I'm happy for Scherrie and to see this collection is selling! I know it would be hard to get clearance from HDH Productions, but it would have been awesome to include any unreleased tracks she did with the Glass House. Just last year someone posted a 30 second clip of Scherrie's original version of "Want Ads" and it was awesome! Maybe Volume 2???

I just got notification the CD is back in stock at cdbaby. I went to buy it and it's SOLD OUT
    again! Not having much luck.

I just got notification the CD is back in stock at cdbaby. I went to buy it and it's SOLD OUT
    again! Not having much luck.
    I got the same notice and also saw that it was still listed as sold out. I ordered it anyway, let's see what happens. Hope it's soon, I've played the samples enough!

I got the same notice and also saw that it was still listed as sold out. I ordered it anyway, let's see what happens. Hope it's soon, I've played the samples enough!
    I followed your lead and also put an order in. Hopefully, this will get us 'in line' for the next batch.

Does anybody have Scherrie's version of "WANT ADS"? I missed the youtube clip and it's been taken down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I thought there would be older tracks too, but I'm happy for Scherrie and to see this collection is selling! I know it would be hard to get clearance from HDH Productions, but it would have been awesome to include any unreleased tracks she did with the Glass House. Just last year someone posted a 30 second clip of Scherrie's original version of "Want Ads" and it was awesome! Maybe Volume 2???

I followed your lead and also put an order in. Hopefully, this will get us 'in line' for the next batch.
    You Better Get In Line - The Contours

[[Oops, wrong thread. LOL!)

Good news! "Vintage Scherrie" is back in stock at CDBaby. My copy is on the way!

Good news! "Vintage Scherrie" is back in stock at CDBaby. My copy is on the way!
    Just got notified mine is on the way, too. Can't wait! Glad to see it's selling well at CDBaby.

My copy arrived today, looking forward to giving it the full listen this evening. The CD is a smart looking digi-pack. The CD states "Scherrie dedicates this album to her beloved sister Frances Gray". Is this Freda?

I was wondering why a certain track had not been included, and the liner notes P.S. took care of that; ""One Night Only" is not on this album because it will be on the expanded reissue of Dreamgirls Dance Project coming next year".

My copy arrived today, looking forward to giving it the full listen this evening. The CD is a smart looking digi-pack. The CD states "Scherrie dedicates this album to her beloved sister Frances Gray". Is this Freda?

I was wondering why a certain track had not been included, and the liner notes P.S. took care of that; ""One Night Only" is not on this album because it will be on the expanded reissue of Dreamgirls Dance Project coming next year".
    And....a Volume II of Vintage Scherrie next year! I received mine today and haven't had a chance to listen to it, yet. Great packaging and liner notes. I was wondering who the 'Frances Gray' was, too, that Scherrie dedicated the album to?

Hi! Frances Gray was another sister of Scherrie and Freda's. She was an actress who passed away earlier this year. Her last credit was the F/X O.J. Simpson miniseries, where she played one of the jurors.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-12-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Thank you sansradio. Of course you're right, I didn't connect the name right off.
    I've played "Vintage Scherrie" once and right off the top, I really like the ballad "It's Our Time Now". It's beautifully done and Scherrie just shines.
    Though I generally am not very interested in artists re-recording their earlier hits, "Crumbs Off The Table" 2016 is definitely an exception. The presentation is [[appropriately) less frenetic than the 1969 original, but it is no less defiant. They got it right.
    Time to listened to it again, this time with headphones.

Roll on Volume II.

What tracks can be used?
    *Pure Energy
    *Who's Wrong, Who's Right
    *One More Time
    *I'm Still Waiting
    *One Night Only

Hopefully there are more.....

Very Scherrie Payne

Attachment 11616

Vintage Scherrie Volume One - Remember Who You Are
    Altair Records
    12 songs 76 mins.
    Produced by Rick Gianatos

It’s always a red-letter day when one of our heritage artists can get a new album released and Scherrie Payne has delivered a high quality, worthwhile project. It’s a hybrid package, featuring past hits, previously unreleased material and new recordings. The slick Digipak® presentation gets an “A” on its’ own - I love the photos! The sound quality is quite impressive, clear and pristine, definitely an “A+”.

Scherrie is in very fine form here, and both the power and the nuances of her singular voice are captured well with the excellent recording production. Most of the songs are uptempo, but the album does contain two beautiful ballads. The lovely and thoughtful title track “Remember Who You Are” and a new favorite for me “It’s Our Time Right Now”, a beautiful song in the tradition of such classic Scherrie performances as “Another Life From Now” and “Horse And Rider”. I’m curious as to who wrote “It’s Our Time Right Now”, no writer credit is listed. Of the previously unreleased uptempo tracks I find “Keep Going On” quite captivating, it has kind of a jazzy feel that gives it an identity beyond being just a great dance tune. “Free My Soul” is more of a period piece, but it has a timeless energy that’s rather contagious and a lot of fun.

I wish Scherrie and company great success on this wonderful project.

Very Scherrie Payne

Attachment 11616

Vintage Scherrie Volume One - Remember Who You Are
    Altair Records
    12 songs 76 mins.
    Produced by Rick Gianatos

It’s always a red-letter day when one of our heritage artists can get a new album released and Scherrie Payne has delivered a high quality, worthwhile project. It’s a hybrid package, featuring past hits, previously unreleased material and new recordings. The slick Digipak® presentation gets an “A” on its’ own - I love the photos! The sound quality is quite impressive, clear and pristine, definitely an “A+”.

Scherrie is in very fine form here, and both the power and the nuances of her singular voice are captured well with the excellent recording production. Most of the songs are uptempo, but the album does contain two beautiful ballads. The lovely and thoughtful title track “Remember Who You Are” and a new favorite for me “It’s Our Time Right Now”, a beautiful song in the tradition of such classic Scherrie performances as “Another Life From Now” and “Horse And Rider”. I’m curious as to who wrote “It’s Our Time Right Now”, no writer credit is listed. Of the previously unreleased uptempo tracks I find “Keep Going On” quite captivating, it has kind of a jazzy feel that gives it an identity beyond being just a great dance tune. “Free My Soul” is more of a period piece, but it has a timeless energy that’s rather contagious and a lot of fun.

I wish Scherrie and company great success on this wonderful project.
    I was going to review this, but, you said it all sophisticated soul. There's nothing I can really add....beautifully put. Hopefully, more product like this will be offered from Rick. A classy production. Pristine sound, indeed! Love the pics, too!

Thank you lakeside. As you know, it's easy to say good things about "Vintage Scherrie" because there is so much good about it!

I happened to notice Vintage Scherrie has sold out again at CDBaby. I think it's sold out multiple times. That's great news for Scherrie and Rick....and us. More encouragement for further releases. Bring em on! Really enjoying this CD.

Vintage Scherrie produced by Rick Gianatos

Hi all. Been buried in work and just now saw these posts. This album is called VINTAGE SCHERRIE because it is. Everything on this is my production, except for CHASING ME INTO SOMEBODY ELSE'S ARMS and AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH, which I co-produced with Ian Levine. I have either remastered, remixed, or created tracks for this project that touch on her work with Invictus, Motown, MotorCity, and my own Altair Records. Whatever anyone might have on MP3's, they aren't going to sound like anything near what I have on this CD. I'm very proud of what we've accomplished, and I look forward to Vol. 2, which, along with SUPREME VOICES expanded and DREAMGIRLS DANCE PROJECT expanded are in the pipeline. I'm a one man band, so the pipeline is a little slow. So far, I haven't been able to keep up with the demand. It is now going out to Amazon, and hopefully Amazon UK. I don't think I will release downloads until this is catalogue I think. There will be a promo video for the album soon too. I will share. Thanks for your support. Whoever wrote that review, I would love to post it on Facebook. Please E-mail me directly at rick-rgp@pacbell.net with your name or post it on my page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/rickgianatos

I'm sure someone has already noted that the track "Remember Who You Are" was previously [[memorably) recorded by the late, great Phyllis Hyman. Scherrie's version shares the arrangement of that version. It is a lovely song. I think Scherrie's own "Another Life From Now" is equally powerful and I would have been pleased by a 2016 studio re-recording of that song. Volume One is beautiful and hopefully Volume 2 is not far behind.

Remember ....

Guy, I was so moved by the original. I put it on my to do list and brought it to Scherrie. She recorded it with only piano and we built the arrangement around her. We started on "Life" but we've held off to update it appropriately. If I redo something, it will NOT be a carbon copy, i.e. CRUMBS and LET YOURSELF GO. Vol. 2 will definitely NOT be more existing stuff from the past. Vol 2 will be looking forward. Not until 2017 though, because we have SUPREME VOICES reissue next and a single of CRUMBS with remixes coming too. Thank you for your support!

Mr. Gianatos, please reconsider making this available as a download on iTunes as soon as possible; its current CD sales success makes getting a physical copy hard.

Currently in stock at CDBaby!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/scherriepayne3

I’m curious as to who wrote “It’s Our Time Right Now”, no writer credit is listed.
    Turns out it was none other the Marilyn McLeod, Motown alumnus who co wrote "Love Hangover" for Diana Ross, "Same Ole Love" for Anita Baker and Jermaine Jackson's [[with Devo) "Let Me Tickle Your Fancy" among others. She is sister to Alice Coltrane.

http://www.jazzcorner.com/news/display.php?news=1942 [[Includes photo)

Quote Originally Posted by sgianatos View Post
    Guy, I was so moved by the original. I put it on my to do list and brought it to Scherrie. She recorded it with only piano and we built the arrangement around her. We started on "Life" but we've held off to update it appropriately. If I redo something, it will NOT be a carbon copy, i.e. CRUMBS and LET YOURSELF GO. Vol. 2 will definitely NOT be more existing stuff from the past. Vol 2 will be looking forward. Not until 2017 though, because we have SUPREME VOICES reissue next and a single of CRUMBS with remixes coming too. Thank you for your support!
    The recording of "Remember Who You Are" is beautiful. I hope you'll take another shot at "Another Life From Now" on the next go 'round. At a recent L.A. show, Scherrie performed it with such gusto. Nearly 40 years on, I think she could approach it with even greater interpretive depth. Thank you for continuing to showcase Miss Payne's tremendous vocal gift.

Promo video for VINTAGE SCHERRIE almost ready for prime time. Will share!

Okay, so the Bonus Track is listed as I'm Not In Love [[Disconet Edit) but half way through that it fades and then I have what appears to be a dub mix of Free My Soul without any vocals from Scherrie, just some background vocals that come in. So, we kinda get two bonus tracks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Okay, so the Bonus Track is listed as I'm Not In Love [[Disconet Edit) but half way through that it fades and then I have what appears to be a dub mix of Free My Soul without any vocals from Scherrie, just some background vocals that come in. So, we kinda get two bonus tracks, right?
    Of course it was awhile back [[and the Disconet Remix is seventeen minutes long) so I can’t be certain, but it does sound the same as what I remember dancing to back in the day. Is it possible the part that sounds like “Free My Soul” to you, was lifted from this remix later to create “Free My Soul”? Just a thought.

Just posted! New promo video for "Vintage Scherrie" Check it out!

https://youtu.be/69GqxUt-WkM

Of course it was awhile back [[and the Disconet Remix is seventeen minutes long) so I can’t be certain, but it does sound the same as what I remember dancing to back in the day. Is it possible the part that sounds like “Free My Soul” to you, was lifted from this remix later to create “Free My Soul”? Just a thought.
    I don't think so. There is a definite fade out of the Disconet Remix [[which clocks in at around 9 minutes) and then after a couple of seconds of nothing, it goes into a much cleaner sounding recording which only repeats Free My Soul by some background singers. It sounds like two different songs to me. Anyone else who bought this find this to be true?

About "Remember Who You Are":

Quote Originally Posted by sgianatos View Post
    She recorded it with only piano and we built the arrangement around her.
    I would love to hear the piano only version. It would make a great bonus track. Maybe on the upcoming "Crumbs Off The Table" single.