[REMOVE ADS]

DMF Album: "The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland"

Over the years, we have learned that the Supremes A Go Go album was originally planned as a two-LP set. Many of the tracks that would have been on that album, e.g., "It's Unusual," "Mickey's Monkey," etc., have subsequently been released on CDs.

I am wondering about the wonderful The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland LP. It may have not been planned as a two-LP set, but surely some additional tracks were recorded for this album but not used. Any ideas what they were [[particularly if thy have been subsequently been released on CD)?

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ Great question! I was not aware the Supremes A Go Go - was to be a two album set. You can learn and share so much here on SDF. Thanks.

The Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland - was perhaps for me one of the ladies most classically moody albums - including it's iconic cover. While the singing is great - it conveys a sullen feeling throughout.

RossHolloway Guest
    This is news to me that A Go*Go was suppose to be a two disc set. I thought sing Rodgers and Hart was suppose to be a two album set, but was trimmed back. And I love the Sing HDH album. I think it was a combination of new songs, leftover tracks from A Go*Go and a couple of earlier tracks.- one track from as early as '64, if I'm not mistaken. My favorite track is probably Love is In Our Heart, but you can listen to this album from beginning to the end and not skip a track.

Some great songs on both "....a Go Go" and "....H-D-H". But personally I have always felt that the weaker songs were the non-Motown and Motown cover versions that the Supremes recorded for these albums. To me, they just didn't have the punch or uniqueness of the originals.

I seem to remember that "Sing HDH" was at one going to be titled "Sing Motown" but I could be mistaken.

'Sing HDH'' was called Sing Motown' when issued in the UK.

Name:  Sing.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  28.5 KB

I highly doubt A Go Go was ever planned as a two LP set - It was just standard practice to record more tracks than were eventually used on LPs at Motown.Thats just the way they did things..and as weve been told by Hip O [[but Supremes fans refuse to comprehend)..there isnt much left of unreleased tracks in the vaults so more tracks from Sing HDH is very unlikely..you gotta be realistic Supremes fans have been spoiled over the years with unreleased treasures but the well is running dry..there just isnt that much left to release save live tracks..