[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cop shoots Black man in cold blood during traffic stop, girlfriend streams video

http://www.citypages.com/news/graphi...-video-8415016

This is even more disgusting! Just watch the video.

That pig stood there with his gun still on a dead man and his finger on the trigger. Killed for presenting his ID. Why was the passenger being told to present ID when they were pulled over for a busted tail light? Both of these incidents reek of pigs looking for trouble before the incidents even started. Now we can wait for another 15 month "investigation" as they get their narrative together before they tell us that the snake was following his training when he murdered that brother.

And they blame Beyonce for putting "stop killing us" in graffiti in her video. I have zero respect for cops at this point, just as I have zero respect for the system that allows this behavior to continue occurring. I might not be able to sleep tonight.

The murder:

This is a must see!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is a must see!

This is probably the most accurate assessment of the situations that exist today as I've
    ever heard in the media, almost makes me want to watch tv again...
    Unfortunately I don't see any real change coming anytime soon in this country, the problem
    being racism is too deeply embedded into our society. Only the isolated rich can comfortably
    ignore it. Another problem is that the fact that there are in black communities, like in any other communities, unsavory people, for lack of a better word, known to be involved in
    criminal activity, is used to justify how the police behave when they interact with the
    residents. It's been like that forever and won't change anytime soon so stay tuned to however you get your news feeds. They'll be another shooting. And nut jobs like the
    Dallas sniper will be used to justify it. A not so merry go round we're on, ain't it?...

This is for the crowd who believes that we're overly sensitive and too quick to use race as an excuse for police brutality:
    Minnesota Cop Pulled Philando Castile Over for his “Wide-Set Nose”
    By CARLOS MILLER

The Minnesota cop who pulled Philando Castile over before shooting and killing him Wednesday did not actually pull him over for a broken tail light as was first reported.
    No, St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez pulled him over because the 32-year-old man had a “wide-set nose.”

And that led Yanez to believe he was a possible armed robbery suspect.
    That explains why the Yanez shot him four times as Castile was reaching for his drivers license to comply.

It is not clear how Yanez was able to determine the width of Castile’s nose before even pulling him over, but that is what he told a dispatcher before pulling the car over, according to an audio recording that was first published on KARE 11, a Minneapolis news station that obtained the recording from a viewer.

The news station said it try to confirm the authenticity of the recording with St. Anthony police, but their calls went ignored.

However, the recording did include Castile’s license plate number and the exact location where the shooting took place, so there is little doubt it is legit.

Here is the transcript from the recording, posted on KARE 11:
    “I’m going to stop a car,” the officer says on the recording. “I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”
    “The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the officer says. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose,” the officer continues.
    A minute and a half later, the recording captures the first report that there was a shooting.
    Officer: “Shots fired Larpenteur and Fry.”
    Dispatch: “Copy you just heard it? … You just heard the shots fired?”
    Officer: [[screaming) “Code 3! Shots fired.”
    Dispatch: “Copy shots fired Larpenteur and Fry. Do you need medics?”
    Officer: “Code 3!”
    Dispatch: “Copy. Medics — code 3 to Larpenteur and Fry.”
    Officer: “One adult female taken into custody. Driver at gunpoint.”

Yang did not tell Castile he pulled him over because his wide-set nose, instead telling him it was because he had a broken tail light. The cop then asked for Castile’s license and registration.

Castile informed the officer he was a concealed weapons permit holder and that he was legally carrying a gun.

Seconds later, Yanez shot and killed him.

Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, then began live streaming, telling viewers that Castile was complying with the officer’s orders by reaching for his wallet when he was shot and killed.
    Police ended up arresting her, holding her in a cell overnight before releasing her with no charges, but they kept her phone “as evidence.”

But because she was live streaming, it made no difference because the world had already seen what had taken place seconds after the shooting.
    If the Justice Department can't find any description of a car matching the description of the incident or of a robbery that involved a man and a woman - "wide set nose" notwithstanding - then this pig needs to be charged and thrown away with the rest of the waste that victimizes the Black community. This doesn't need to take months. This "investigation" should take the same time it takes prosecutors to decide to charge a parent with abuse after spanking a child in a grocery store.

Besides that, has anyone wondered why they haven't told us all of the dirt about the murdered cops in Dallas the way they dug up Alton Sterling's past [[as if that justifies his murder)? They did it to Freddy Gray and Eric Garner, too. I'm not trying to besmirch the dead officers; I don't care to know what blood was on their hands because it has nothing to do with the heinous nature of their deaths. But it pisses me off when they try to justify killing somebody by suggesting that he had an arrest record. In the Philando Castille murder, all they could find was traffic tickets and they made sure to broadcast those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    This is for the crowd who believes that we're overly sensitive and too quick to use race as an excuse for police brutality:

If the Justice Department can't find any description of a car matching the description of the incident or of a robbery that involved a man and a woman - "wide set nose" notwithstanding - then this pig needs to be charged and thrown away with the rest of the waste that victimizes the Black community. This doesn't need to take months. This "investigation" should take the same time it takes prosecutors to decide to charge a parent with abuse after spanking a child in a grocery store.

Besides that, has anyone wondered why they haven't told us all of the dirt about the murdered cops in Dallas the way they dug up Alton Sterling's past [[as if that justifies his murder)? They did it to Freddy Gray and Eric Garner, too. I'm not trying to besmirch the dead officers; I don't care to know what blood was on their hands because it has nothing to do with the heinous nature of their deaths. But it pisses me off when they try to justify killing somebody by suggesting that he had an arrest record. In the Philando Castille murder, all they could find was traffic tickets and they made sure to broadcast those.
    Did he not see the 4 year old little girl in the backseat? Who would take a pre-schooler on a robbery? I call bullshit!

Did he not see the 4 year old little girl in the backseat? Who would take a pre-schooler on a robbery? I call bullshit!
    I'm sure he thought woman driving was a man, which would show that he couldn't have seen a "wide-set nose" if he couldn't tell her gender. It's a game that they play where they come up with any reason to stop us, whether it makes sense or not.

I'm sure he thought woman driving was a man, which would show that he couldn't have seen a "wide-set nose" if he couldn't tell her gender. It's a game that they play where they come up with any reason to stop us, whether it makes sense or not.
    Trust me I know.

Yep. Got me once for making a rolling stop shortly after midnight when there were no cars within a quarter mile in either direction. I'm pretty sure I stopped but it was his word against mine. Another time, they got me for having no front tag. It took him ten minutes to run my license [[it was clean) before letting me go with a warning. In those ten minutes, I counted 27 cars without front tags going in one direction; who knows how many went the other way? His sorry ass stopped me because he was a waste of flesh and wanted to harass me.

Yep. Got me once for making a rolling stop shortly after midnight when there were no cars within a quarter mile in either direction. I'm pretty sure I stopped but it was his word against mine. Another time, they got me for having no front tag. It took him ten minutes to run my license [[it was clean) before letting me go with a warning. In those ten minutes, I counted 27 cars without front tags going in one direction; who knows how many went the other way? His sorry ass stopped me because he was a waste of flesh and wanted to harass me.
    Stopped my brother and I in the intersection on St. Raymond's in the Bronx claiming one of my brake lights was out. A young rookie cop and an older cop approached both sides of my car with their guns drawn. It just happened to be the same day that Mother Theresa and Princess Diana were also in the Bronx!

About twenty years ago, they stopped my nephew and his cousin as they walked home from middle school. They accused them of something that happened while they were both in class that day and scared the crap out of both. Eventually they drove them home and one apologized to my sister [[the other stayed in the car) and she blasted them for harassing two good kids on their way home from school.

Several years later, they stopped the same nephew as he was driving with his big brother and tore through his car without permission, damaging his car. They didn't find anything. One of the cops suddenly started talking to them instead of at them, probably hoping to avoid a complaint. They had no reason to pull them over.

I had a co-worker who told me that they pulled over her son with four friends in it. He gave them his license and was arrested for something he had not done. When told that they had a warrant for Donald Cherry, his cousin, who was in the car, told them that the warrant was for him; his name was Donald A. Cherry while the driver was Donald T. Cherry. They arrested the driver on his cousin's warrant anyway.

As a youngster, I was stopped by the police in London many a time in my car on the way home. I got "questioned" and some may call it "harassed" but I was let off and I really never thought anything more about it.

I suspect we were "questioned" because of LGBT issues but it was no big deal.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  21.1 KB
    One of the 3 times I had a gun held on me by Los Angeles City Police, a squad car pulled over my friend and me, as we were slowing down on a street, to start to pull in to a slant parking space. After we pulled in, the cop car stopped behind us, and the policemen got out, and walked towards the driver's side. The yelled at us to get out of the car. My friend asked "What is this all about?" The first cop screamed: "Get out of the car, with your hands up!" As we opened the doors, one yelled: "Move slowly and keep your hands up!" Outside each door, the two cops pushed us towards the car and yelled "Turn around!" They frisked us. My friend asked: "What did we do?" The 1st cop yelled: "Shut up!" The other looked through the front and back seats. This was 1965, before there were a lot of drugs flowing around and drug busts. The other cop had a gun pointed at me.

When the first cop said: "You can go now.", I asked, "Why did you stop us? The cop said, "Uh.... There was, uhh..... Your car fit the description of a stolen car."

Our car was an, old, beat-up Chevy II, which no one would have wanted to steal. Or, if some bank robbers wanted to grab it to use as a get-away car, the owner would have said, "Take it! With my compliments!" and would not have filed a theft report with the police.

I could tell, by the way the cop spoke, that he was trying to make up an excuse on the spot. I assume that many L.A. City cops had [[and may still have) an agenda which includes random harassment of random individuals [[aside from an additional agenda which includes harassment of African-Americans and Latinos) to show they have control of that city. For some policemen, it may be just an individual act of racism or racial hatred, while for others, it may just be a way to show power over others [[because they may have been bullied when young).

But, I suspect that both my friend and I would very likely have been beaten up badly, or even killed, had we had black or dark skin.

Judge Judy often says "I could tell" or I suspected" that I would be 5' 8" but it never happened!!

What is fact though is that in 1965 the police pulled over your car and clearly it wasn't because of the colour of your skin.

There may well be differences in law enforcement between the US and the UK.

With regard to drivers, the police here in the UK have the powers to pull over any motorist for any suspected offence. Technically, that means no matter how minor.

In reality, the time and administration work involved means that a light being inoperative, or other minor offence, often does not result in the driver being stopped.

The police officers are most likely to respond when the way the vehicle is being driven arouses suspicion - and especially when immediately alerted by computer that a passing vehicle has a suspect registration.

Most incidents when motorists are stopped are dealt with courteously, and with an appropriate degree of firmness.

All forces train their officers to see that the law is observed by everyone, irrespective of ethnicity - for example, of drivers and/or passengers. The police are expected to observe this, and all nationalities living within the UK are expected to understand and accept this. Unless circumstances in individual cases can be proved otherwise, it is simply the law of the land.

All that said, it is a hard fact that, for whatever reason, reported crime in London committed by black people is significantly higher than the percentage of black people in that population. That is a statistic to be read by anyone, whether they be white, black or from any other background.

It should not prejudice the response of the police officers in London, but there is an understandable need to be especially vigilant of suspicious behaviour by some black people, when obliged to make a swift judgement in any situation. It is their job to do so.

The one essential difference between the US and UK national police forces is the fact that UK officers, male and female, do not carry guns, unless in exceptional circumstances.

My understanding is that the US officers seem to carry guns on all occasions, even for traffic offences?

A gun in the hands of an irrational person, no matter what their ethnic background may be, or what uniform they may be wearing, is likely to lead to random action, with tragic results. We don't seem to be hearing too much from our black friends on the forum in the US about the white victims in similar, tragic circumstances. It surely must happen??

Recent events involving the police in the US, particularly concerning some black victims, is appalling to those of us here, when viewed from our distance.

It seems to be the widespread possession of guns in the US which has led to these situations, not simply that the victims were black.

It also does seem that the black population could and should support their 'brothers' far more positively, working together without the use of violence, on both sides of the Atlantic.

For example, can our black friends here confirm if they have ever trained or worked for any police force, or any emergency work which serves the general public - which includes their own race?

Also, do our black friends here think that more black officers would lessen the incidence of other black people being shot dead for what certainly appears to be tragically wrong reasons?

Or, is it far more expedient for our black friends here to regard all black people [[including themselves) as 'victims', and simply to regard [[generally white) police officers as 'pigs', as quoted?

In the UK, the black members of the population would seem to form a smaller percentage of the general population than in the US. For whatever reason, it seems difficult to recruit a sufficient percentage black officers to adequately represent the black population on both sides of the Atlantic, although I believe there has been some success in some US regions.

It is a hard reality that police forces, [[as with the general population), are indeed predominantly white, and it can be a hard, dangerous and potentially fatal job for some officers, at least at times. It must be assumed that most officers who fall below the required standard will then indeed be white.

It is also hard to read the comments of some of our black friends here, in emphasising not the common problems but the differences between black and white, without feeling that they are being very racist themselves towards their white friends here.

If that is the case, members of both races might then consider themselves as victims.

Instead of using our fingers on our keyboards, we might then wish to put guns in our hands.

And then where, exactly, does it go from there.....?
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 07-10-2016 at 09:24 AM.

westgrand, with all due respect....you have absolutely no idea what life is like here in
    America. You have no clue as to where we are with our existing gun and gang cultures
    or how things have evolved from the establishment of the original thirteen colonies to
    our always on the verge of violence, whether as assault or self defense, day to day
    living...In my city alone we have more crime in a month than you have all year. The
    thing about it is, something many of us here know is that many times, no- most times
    the police in this country approach things differently when those involved are white
    as opposed to people of color. Try this: go to youtube and watch the arrest of folks like
    Dylan Roof who killed people at a church, and then Eric Garner, who sold loose cigarettes...

So what do you suggest is the way forward to those matters?

Splanky...

With equal respect, yes, I do have an idea of what it is like to live in America.

Undoubtedly there are problems, but you are being much too insular, and give the impression yourself of not knowing nor understanding how it is for anyone, anywhere else in the world; simply that yours is the worst place.

I may not live right there, but I can at least read, listen and consider, and form my own opinions.

You seem almost to be portraying the negative side of life as you experience it, as some sort of claim to fame.

As theboyfromxtown has asked; instead of reporting what may, or may not even have happened to you personally, and also what you feel other people don't understand about it....what do YOU propose to do about improving life where you are?
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 07-10-2016 at 11:44 AM.

This photo of this sign was taken in 1961!

Attachment 11472

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    ...In my city alone we have more crime in a month than you have all year.
    Where is this city and where are you comparing it to?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Splanky...

With equal respect, yes, I do have an idea of what it is like to live in America.

Undoubtedly there are problems, but you are being much too insular, and give the impression yourself of not knowing nor understanding how it is for anyone, anywhere else in the world; simply that yours is the worst place.

I may not live right there, but I can at least read, listen and consider, and form my own opinions.

You seem almost to be portraying the negative side of life as you experience it, as some sort of claim to fame.

As theboyfromxtown has asked; instead of reporting what may, or may not even have happened to you personally, and also what you feel other people don't understand about it....what do YOU propose to do about improving life where you are?
    Now you're trying to put words in my mouth...oh boy...At no time did I say I live in the worst
    place in the world, for your information sir, I have been outside of my city and country and have seen some things that made me anxious to get back. I've also enjoyed better days in
    other parts of this country in places that are now no longer as peaceful as they were 25-30
    years ago. And you can forget about that claim to fame garbage. I take no pleasure or pride
    in how morality and humanity has declined amongst both the citizenry and the police assigned to protect them. But I don't try to ignore or deny it either. I live in New York. I
    can only govern my own life. None of my ideas about music, art, culture and education mean
    diddleysquat to the people, the elected officials, the politicians, the developers, the police
    as well as the criminals who control my surrounding area. I just deal with them as best as I can without hurting anybody....

This photo of this sign was taken in 1961!

Attachment 11472
    Ah, I guess it's taking a little longer than expected, huh?....

Ah, I guess it's taking a little longer than expected, huh?....
    Much longer Splanky. I was a kid in the sixties and I believed adults when they told us that things would be much better when we grew up........yeah right!

Much longer Splanky. I was a kid in the sixties and I believed adults when they told us that things would be much better when we grew up........yeah right!
    One of my favorite classic soul songs of all time is The Five Stairsteps Ooh Child. It's so
    uplifting and when I heard them sing about how "things are gonna get easier" as a kid
    I believed it. Several other artists have liked the song well enough to cover it, from
    Nina Simone to New Birth. It's just beautiful. Beautiful,as a picture or dream can be but not necessarily true...

Splanky,

In case it does go unnoticed, most white people would also want, and have long wanted, an immediate end to police brutality and murder of people, simply for the reason they are black.

Just as most people want the same for the white people who are brutalised and murdered in great numbers by white people, often simply as a result of hate.

Our lives change and aren't always what we would want, but they are all we have.

Murder, of course, is always murder.

Yes, to agree, and also slightly paraphrase your sentiment, I believe most people, black or white, would echo your words, and say of the problems in their own lives "I just deal with them as best I can without hurting anybody".

PS. I also like 'Ooh Child', either by The Stairsteps, or particularly Mary Wilson, and just sing it for my own,very individual reasons )
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 07-10-2016 at 01:42 PM.

The population of London is greater than New York [[although not by much) so that is significant that the New York crime rate is 12 times that of London.

Does that say anything about the make up of the population of New York or is London doing something that New York ought to be doing?

Population approximately the same, but New York crime rate is 12 times that of London??!

I didn't know that.

Difficult to believe that the New York crime rate could ever match London now.

Makes it sound like someone there might well need a gun to hand, from the minute they made their first sound, until their last...

One of my favorite classic soul songs of all time is The Five Stairsteps Ooh Child. It's so
    uplifting and when I heard them sing about how "things are gonna get easier" as a kid
    I believed it. Several other artists have liked the song well enough to cover it, from
    Nina Simone to New Birth. It's just beautiful. Beautiful,as a picture or dream can be but not necessarily true...
    We all felt that way upon hearing that song in the summer of 1970!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    So what do you suggest is the way forward to those matters?
    Prosecute the cops for murder or manslaughter in these cases just like any other citizen that commit such acts and make it stick!

Prosecute the cops for murder or manslaughter in these cases just like any other citizen that commit such acts and make it stick!
    I totally agree with that. But how to you get to reduce those crime figures significantly.

I totally agree with that. But how to you get to reduce those crime figures significantly.
    I think you are mixing two issues together. Police brutality and crime over all are two separate issues in my opinion. People in the general population that commit crimes are prosecuted. Cops are not for the most part.

I hear you Marv2.

Splanky reported that [[in New York) the crime rate was some 12 times worse [[than in London). However, the population of both cities is, by and large, the same. Would there be an obvious reason to explain that?

This is problem number one. Cops who kill unarmed people [[sometimes not even suspected of a crime) have secret investigations, often conducted by other cops. The public is not privileged to hear anything discussed until they cleared, often times more than a year later. This occurs frequently, even when the murder was on tape.

People seem to think that skin color somehow predisposes people to criminal activity. For example, West made mention of the fact that the rate of Black criminals is higher their percentage of the population. Why? Is that to suggest that a Black lawyer should be looked at as if he will likely rob or kill? Should the British PM hide the silverware when President Obama visits?

The gentleman who was murdered by the pig [[he earned that title) was stopped because the cop said a robbery suspect resembled him because of "a wide set nose". Had the suspect been said to have had blonde hair, do you think he would stop every blonde man that he saw?

Population approximately the same, but New York crime rate is 12 times that of London??!

I didn't know that.

Difficult to believe that the New York crime rate could ever match London now.

Makes it sound like someone there might well need a gun to hand, from the minute they made their first sound, until their last...
    New York is not that bad, in fact the crime rate here is as low as it's been since the 1960s. Now back in the 80s, you wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near New York things were so bad and crime was through the roof!

This is problem number one. Cops who kill unarmed people [[sometimes not even suspected of a crime) have secret investigations, often conducted by other cops. The public is not privileged to hear anything discussed until they cleared, often times more than a year later. This occurs frequently, even when the murder was on tape.

People seem to think that skin color somehow predisposes people to criminal activity. For example, West made mention of the fact that the rate of Black criminals is higher their percentage of the population. Why? Is that to suggest that a Black lawyer should be looked at as if he will likely rob or kill? Should the British PM hide the silverware when President Obama visits?

The gentleman who was murdered by the pig [[he earned that title) was stopped because the cop said a robbery suspect resembled him because of "a wide set nose". Had the suspect been said to have had blonde hair, do you think he would stop every blonde man that he saw?
    There is a video of a blonde haired man waving his gun around in front of a bunch of police even after they ordered him to drop it. They eventually shot him in like the knee and he fell holding his leg, but it seems like it took them forever to do anything.

I just heard recently that one of the cops that killed Amadou Diallo in NYC was just give a PROMOTION! Can you believe that? All 4 officers involved in that murder were cleared of all charges in 2000.

I hear you Marv2.

Splanky reported that [[in New York) the crime rate was some 12 times worse [[than in London). However, the population of both cities is, by and large, the same. Would there be an obvious reason to explain that?
    theboyfromxtown, in 1994 a comparison of the crimes rates of Metro Detroit and the Greater Toronto Area. They focused on the murder rate primarily. Both cities had populations of approx. 4.5 million in their respective metro areas. Detroit had 650 murders compared to Toronto's 28 murders during the same 12 month period. The contrast was shocking but when you consider the number of handguns on the streets of Detroit, compared to Toronto it is not so surprising. In fact, 23 of Toronto's 28 murders occurred among Asian street gangs fighting among themselves!

The cities are less than 240 miles apart..........

To be sure, it happens to White people as well. A 19 year old was shot as he got out of his truck a few weeks ago. He dropped to the pavement and instead of arresting him, the pigs waited 14 seconds and then shot him to death as he lay on the ground. The kicker is that he wasn't the guy they were looking for.

But to your point, earlier this year, Cincinnati PD responded to a domestic disturbance and confronted a White man who waved a gun toward them. They talked him down arrested him. That same month, the same department responded to an accident scene and found a Black man stumbling around, injured and apparently confused. They ordered him to his knees, even though he had committed no crime. They shot him to death when they said he tried to stand up. He apparently had a BB gun on his person and that's why they are still copping today.

theboyfromxtown, in 1994 a comparison of the crimes rates of Metro Detroit and the Greater Toronto Area. They focused on the murder rate primarily. Both cities had populations of approx. 4.5 million in their respective metro areas. Detroit had 650 murders compared to Toronto's 28 murders during the same 12 month period. The contrast was shocking but when you consider the number of handguns on the streets of Detroit, compared to Toronto it is not so surprising. In fact, 23 of Toronto's 28 murders occurred among Asian street gangs fighting among themselves!

Young Black men are less than six percent of the population, but they comprise 40% of the victims when unarmed people are killed by the police.

Young Black men are less than six percent of the population, but they comprise 40% of the victims when unarmed people are killed by the police.
    It's is disgusting. It is also clear that race does play a very significant role in police using excessive, deadly force.

Here's an article about your former mayor, Rudy Giuliani. He amped up his BS after the shooting.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2706349

Here's an article about your former mayor, Rudy Giuliani. He amped up his BS after the shooting.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2706349
    He's never been MY mayor, the JERK! LOL! It was from him and former Police Chief Howard Safir [[aka Satan) that I first heard the term "Don't rush to judgement"!

Didn't "stop and frisk" start under them? The Department of Justice advised them that it's unconstitutional but Bratton [[and DiBlasio) are refusing to open their e-mails.

Another Apartheid utility.

Didn't "stop and frisk" start under them? The Department of Justice advised them that it's unconstitutional but Bratton [[and DiBlasio) are refusing to open their e-mails.

Another Apartheid utility.
    It really kicked off under Michael Bloomberg, the Emperor! I actually saw them with a young black man handcuffed around a utility pole on lower Broadway on the hottest day in July 2012. It looked like something out of a slave movie.

If I reading this right.....the reason is the ability to carry and use guns.

Sounds like there is a simple solution! But clearly it ain't happening.

Splanky...

Views: 221
    Why do you think that Caucasians on these threads, who live in the same [[or similar) large US cities, agree with what Jerry and Splanky and other African Americans are saying, and that they are NOT exaggerating.

What can we do to help fix the situation? It is a tremendously difficult situation. The children are taught this hatred by their parents. They come to school with these ideas, and are not open to listening to their teachers. They would need to live with their perceived enemy for a long time, and work together against a common enemy, to find out that each other are human, the same as they are. That's what needs to happen with The Palestinians and Israelis and Hindus and Muslims, and Christians, Moslems and Jews, and all other groups who don't trust each other. Humans have instincts that come from the time when "survival of the fittest" [[natural selection) was operating. They naturally divide into smaller [[more intimate) groups, whose interests are more shared than with the wider populations. If the population of this World eventually all speak one single language [[Chinese? English?), and evolve into one culture, it would break up into different factions of self-interest groups, who would believe that the greater portion of the population was less interested in their personal interests, and more in their own local interests. So, they would make new "enemies". It's a survival technique. Who is better at knowing one's own personal interests, and more willing to fight for them than the immediate people who share those interests?

I can't imagine millions of Humans getting along in harmony. I don't believe it is in their nature to do so. I have met thousands of very nice, empathetic people in my life, who live by "The Golden Rule". I try to hang around with such people. But, I've also met thousands of irrational, mean, angry, and hateful people, as well. I have tried to be friendly towards them, understand them, show them tolerance. That helps, sometimes. But, in many cases, it does not. We all have to try to make The World a better place, by being positive with as many people as possible. That positivity will be absorbed as much as is possible. It will bring better results than our being negative. But, we can only do what we can do, and hope the results are as good as possible.

ALL things change eventually. I would have expected hatred of Europeans [["Caucasians") against the darker peoples [[so-called "races") to die out, or diminish greatly over a hundred years ago. But it hasn't happened. Same for Christians and Muslims hatred for The Jews, and Europeans' despising of The Gypsies.

People are still hating ME, personally, for killing their god, who was actually one of my people [[the same people they purport to hate). How does one combat such irrationality and madness?

You meet those people, find common ground, show them that you are human, and become friends. I am Jewish, with about 1/3 of my family in Israel. I have lived in more than 10 Arab Muslim countries for over 15 years. I have MANY Palestinian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Sudani, Moroccan friends [[mostly Moslem, but some Christian). I have many Christian friends from many countries. I have several German friends. My best friend in The World [[and business partner) is a German, whose parents were adults during The Nazi rule, and fully one half of my family was murdered by The Nazis.

I have worked for Native Canadian and Native American tribal governments, and have many friends from working on those reservations. We all do what we can.

But old ways and what parents teach to their children have strong roots, and are difficult to change. I hope it doesn't take a bloody revolution in USA or all over Europe to change ethnic hatred. And worse, that those hatreds disappear, but new ones come in to take their place.

Have you seen this? What do you guys think of this?

Actually, in international terms, The US has a fairly average murder rate .. as can be seen on the list at this link .....

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...million-people

The most recent figures at that link [[for 2010) have The US coming in at #99 with a murder rate of 42.01 per Million residents. The most murderous countries are Honduras with a rate of 913.5 murders per million in 2011, followed by El Salvador, The Ivory Coast and Jamaica. Jamaica's murder rate in 2010 was 529.39 per million .. about 13 times the rate in The US.

The UK ranks #157 with a murder rate of 11.68 per million in 2009 [[about a quarter of that in The USA).

The US does rank high if only economically/technologically advanced "Western" countries are included, as most of the countries at the top of the list are in South and Central America or in Africa.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Actually, in international terms, The US has a fairly average murder rate .. as can be seen on the list at this link .....

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...million-people

The most recent figures at that link [[for 2010) have The US coming in at #99 with a murder rate of 42.01 per Million residents. The most murderous countries are Honduras with a rate of 913.5 murders per million in 2011, followed by El Salvador, The Ivory Coast and Jamaica. Jamaica's murder rate in 2010 was 529.39 per million .. about 13 times the rate in The US.

The UK ranks #157 with a murder rate of 11.68 per million in 2009 [[about a quarter of that in The USA).

The US DOES rank high if only economically/technologically advanced "Western" countries are included, as most of the countries at the top of the list are in South and Central America or in Africa.
    Roger
Views: 199
    That is very telling. It doesn't make me feel very good knowing that USA is ONLY as dangerous as the average war and revolution-torn 3rd World dictatorship, given that I still have some family and a few friends living there, and I also spend a few months a year there, myself.
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-11-2016 at 05:33 PM.