[REMOVE ADS]

Here We Go Again! An Unarmed Black Man Is Shot By Cop While Pinned Down

Flashpoint: Baton Rouge

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...ing/index.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...otests-n604431

This is disgusting! At least someone caught in on video. Otherwise, who knows what kind of lie the cops would have told. They already had him pinned-down. Why the f**k shoot him, too? He was unarmed, and just selling CDs. It's not like he was threatening anyone.

And, why does it matter if the cop is White and the man killed is Black? Studies have shown that Whites tend to view Blacks as less than human, but with super-human strength. They feel threatened by a Black person, so they are more likely to use excessive or deadly force. But, damn! In this case, you have at least two cops on top of him, pinning him down to the ground, yet one cop still pulls out his weapon and shoots him seven times!
    Last edited by soulster; 07-06-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Flashpoint: Baton Rouge

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...ing/index.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...otests-n604431

This is disgusting! At least someone caught in on video. Otherwise, who knows what kind of lie the cops would have told. They already have him pinned-down. Why the f**k shoot him, too? He was unarmed, and just selling CDs. It's not like he was threatening anyone.

And, why does it matter if the cop is White and the man killed is Black? Studies have shown that Whites tend to view Blacks as less than human, but with super-human strength. They feel threatened by a Black person, so they are more likely to use excessive or deadly force. But, damn! In this case, you have at least two cops on top of him, pinning him down to the ground, yet one cop still pulls out his weapon and shoots him seven times!
    Seven times? Amazing!

By tomorrow, Donald Trump, and the idiots on Fox, and the far-right blowhards on talk radio will be praising the cops for doing a difficult job, inventing alibis about how the man tried to grab a cop's gun, and condemn Black Lives Matter.

By tomorrow, Donald Trump, and the idiots on Fox, and the far-right blowhards on talk radio will be praising the cops for doing a difficult job, inventing alibis about how the man tried to grab a cop's gun, and condemn Black Lives Matter.
    First the cops will make an official statement saying that the man grabbed for one of their guns.

Nothing changes. Say "Black Lives Matter" and some [[like Spike Lee and a few of our fellow board members) think that we shouldn't complain about police brutality since there is Black on Black crime to focus on. Aren't the cops supposed to be our protectors instead of adding to the problems? I could be wrong...

This brother was executed. And the pigs who did it won't suffer consequences; they almost never do. The corrupt Department of Justice will do the investigation [[the mayor didn't acknowledge that the corrupt Baton Rouge PD can't fairly investigate itself, but he didn't have to), so at least that's different. Maybe instead of a 15 month "investigation" resulting in a quiet announcement that charges won't be filed, we'll get one that lasts for 12 months this time. They're going to say that he was strapped, even though Louisiana is both an open carry and concealed carry state.

Face it: they can do no wrong when it comes to abuse of authority against Black people. You'll know for a fact that I'm right when the fourth Baltimore pig is exonerated for killing Freddie Gray soon. We know the verdict before the opening arguments and that is bullshit. I guess his neck just snapped itself. Speaking of that, have you heard about the brother in Oklahoma who was arrested for failure to pay child support before his neck mysteriously snapped while "trying to escape"? I wonder why?

With White people expected to be a minority population in the next 30 years, there are systemic mechanisms making sure that they remain in power. Why do you think that White men are ~30% of the population but ~80% of our elected officials and judges [[and more cops, yet)? Why do you suppose that the solution to crime is not to level the playing field by providing quality education, eradicating income inequality, and preserving voting rights instead of eliminating them? Be honest, you know that getting rid of immigrants isn't because they're "murderers and rapists" don't you?

Which brings to mind the fact that I'm not talking about all White folks. Hell, a lot died in the fight for civil rights and thus, blanket accusation against any group is wrong. But I am talking about a lot of them.

We're on our way to a social system akin to Apartheid; where one minority group controls the rest of the population. Trump is the standard bearer, but we've been on this path for more than 30 years. Mention racism, and you're called a racist. All while a brother can be shot seven times for selling CDs [[with the store owner's permission) in a parking lot.

So, let's get it right. You can now be killed for carrying a cell phone on a corner in New York, walking in the middle of the street in Ferguson and Chicago, flagging down a cop in LA, having a flat tire in the middle of the night in Miami, failing to signal a lane change in Houston, being disoriented after a car wreck in Cincinnati and Charlotte, running away from a cop in South Carolina, and not paying child support in Oklahoma. I don't know where the guy was who was shot for pointing his index finger at a cop like a kid playing cowboys or where the one was who was holding a large serving spoon, even though he was twenty feet away.

Maybe we need a list of what the fuck we can do to avoid being executed by some pig with a twitchy trigger finger. I guarantee that list is shorter than the other one.

The murder:

The aftermath:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    First the cops will make an official statement saying that the man grabbed for one of their guns.
    Maybe it will take a few news cycles because the politicians are too busy talking about Trump, Clinton, the FBI director, and Newt Gingrich.

The good thing is that the PD immediately turned it over to the U.S. Justice Department.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Nothing changes. Say "Black Lives Matter" and some [[like Spike Lee and a few of our fellow board members) think that we shouldn't complain about police brutality since there is Black on Black crime to focus on. Aren't the cops supposed to be our protectors instead of adding to the problems? I could be wrong...

This brother was executed. And the pigs who did it won't suffer consequences; they almost never do. The corrupt Department of Justice will do the investigation [[the mayor didn't acknowledge that the corrupt Baton Rouge PD can't fairly investigate itself, but he didn't have to), so at least that's different. Maybe instead of a 15 month "investigation" resulting in a quiet announcement that charges won't be filed, we'll get one that lasts for 12 months this time. They're going to say that he was strapped, even though Louisiana is both an open carry and concealed carry state.

Face it: they can do no wrong when it comes to abuse of authority against Black people. You'll know for a fact that I'm right when the fourth Baltimore pig is exonerated for killing Freddie Gray soon. We know the verdict before the opening arguments and that is bullshit. I guess his neck just snapped itself. Speaking of that, have you heard about the brother in Oklahoma who was arrested for failure to pay child support before his neck mysteriously snapped while "trying to escape"? I wonder why?

With White people expected to be a minority population in the next 30 years, there are systemic mechanisms making sure that they remain in power. Why do you think that White men are ~30% of the population but ~80% of our elected officials and judges [[and more cops, yet)? Why do you suppose that the solution to crime is not to level the playing field by providing quality education, eradicating income inequality, and preserving voting rights instead of eliminating them? Be honest, you know that getting rid of immigrants isn't because they're "murderers and rapists" don't you?

Which brings to mind the fact that I'm not talking about all White folks. Hell, a lot died in the fight for civil rights and thus, blanket accusation against any group is wrong. But I am talking about a lot of them.

We're on our way to a social system akin to Apartheid; where one minority group controls the rest of the population. Trump is the standard bearer, but we've been on this path for more than 30 years. Mention racism, and you're called a racist. All while a brother can be shot seven times for selling CDs [[with the store owner's permission) in a parking lot.

So, let's get it right. You can now be killed for carrying a cell phone on a corner in New York, walking in the middle of the street in Ferguson and Chicago, flagging down a cop in LA, having a flat tire in the middle of the night in Miami, failing to signal a lane change in Houston, being disoriented after a car wreck in Cincinnati and Charlotte, running away from a cop in South Carolina, and not paying child support in Oklahoma. I don't know where the guy was who was shot for pointing his index finger at a cop like a kid playing cowboys or where the one was who was holding a large serving spoon, even though he was twenty feet away.

Maybe we need a list of what the fuck we can do to avoid being executed by some pig with a twitchy trigger finger. I guarantee that list is shorter than the other one.
    What other legal profession allows one to be a serial killer and get away with it? You know those gun laws the far right keeps trying to dismantle? I say every citizen should utilize lax gun laws nationwide.

Mr Sterling was NOT holding a gun when he was killed. This murder case IMO is with the Justice Department as it should be. Im praying justice prevails and these cops are put behind bars for life. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...7d2a7?section=

What other legal profession allows one to be a serial killer and get away with it? You know those gun laws the far right keeps trying to dismantle? I say every citizen should utilize lax gun laws nationwide.
    They shoot us when they think a cell phone could theoretically, possibly, just maybe look like a gun [[if you squint). What do you suppose they will do when everybody is actually carrying? The man they murdered last night was within his rights to possess a handgun and they killed him anyway. I have no doubt that some brother, somewhere paid the price when some pig mistook a hard on for a gun. Not joking because any excuse they use works.

Better than everybody being strapped, communities need to organize militias to protect their own. Screw the police and their enablers.

The character assassination has already started. I just saw on CNN that people are trying to say the victim was a bad actor because he has a consentual sexual relationship with a legally undarage girl a long time ago. And, they are questioning why he had a gun, like a Black man isn't allowed to have a gun in a right-to-carry state.

It appears from what i'm hearing from the store owner is that the pigs tased the man first, pulled the gun out of the man's pocket, then shot him. The second video shows the pig on his side with his gun out, probably trying to make it look like the man was fighting. Apparently, there is another video out there. According to the store owner, the cops put him into the squad car and then the police searched for his store video.

Looks to me like the cops orchestrated a cover-up, and would have lied about it, but these videos surfaced.

Now, there's another one just yesterday. I'm starting a new thread about that!
    Last edited by soulster; 07-07-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Two Americas, separate and unequal. Apartheid. Jim Crow came home with a vengeance.

And FAUX News is predictablle as always.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...erlings-death/