[REMOVE ADS]

Is DIANA Going to Record Something New ?

Nile Rodgers hinted in an interview that Diana may be recording something new.

... we were chatting just a few days ago...and ... hinted Diana is planning to record new music.

He said: “I can't tell you what we were talking about. All I can say is that if she did do new music then it would be amazing.

“She's still great, her shows are phenomenal, ... she's still awesome and everyone that goes to see her tells me nothing but great stuff.”
    Nile Rodgers

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/music/d...y-fest-2041032
    Last edited by milven; 07-03-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Typed Bernard Edwards name instead of Nile Rodgers :(

That's great, but Bernard Edwards has been dead for 20 years.

Clicking on the link, the article states that it is Nile Rodgers [[ very much alive) who made the statements quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Clicking on the link, the article states that it is Nile Rodgers [[ very much alive) who made the statements quoted.
    He has been saying this for years. He wanted her to join him at Glastonbury last year but she refused. He wanted her on the forthcoming Chic album. She refused. He wanted her to work with Pharrell Williams. She refused. Is there are a pattern forming here?
    I am not saying Diana will never record new music bu she has been more than happy not to these past 10 years. She was unhappy with the "love" album of covers which appeared to be her recording swansong. If she harbours any ambition to record again the ideal opportunity would be to coincide with her rumoured appearance at Glastonbury in 2017. It is such a high profile festival. Whether she has agreed to do it is as yet unclear but i hope to find out something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's great, but Bernard Edwards has been dead for 20 years.
    Well, dead people don't lie.

I know better. Don't know what compelled me to type Bernard's name instead of Nile's. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll correct it.

Looks like this article and quote keeps getting recycled:

March, 2016:

‘She’s amazing, we were chatting just a few days ago. If she does do it then it will be wonderful, it will be one of those great moments – like Dolly Parton or Chic when we played there – and it will be really unique and special.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/28/nile-r...-show-5780556/

July, 2016:

“I have no advice for her, just go there and have a good time. She's amazing, we were chatting just a few days ago. If she does do it then it will be wonderful , it will be one of those great moments - like Dolly Parton or Chic when we played there - and it will be really unique and special.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/music/d...y-fest-2041032