[REMOVE ADS]

This is sad. I believe he was to be one of the honorees at the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame in August. Thanks Sir Mack for your contributions that we still enjoy today.

Marv

He was to be inducted as both a solo artist and as a member of the Falcons.
    Very sad.

3 posts on the death of Detroit's Mack Rice. What a shame.

Very sad news about Sir Mack Rice.

Whilst he might not be a name that most people recognise, they certainly know his songs!

Cheers

Paul

I remember the first time I saw Sir Mack Rice, I didn't know who he was. He started singing Mustang Sally, and I said "he's singing Wilson Pickett's song" and the guy nearby told me Sir Mack wrote it. That same night, the Falcons had a mini-reunion with Sir Mack Rice, Joe Stubbs, Willie Schofield, and guest Levi Stubbs. Levi and Joe sang the leads. The other times I saw Sir Mack, he always put on a good show. It seemed to me he would "toddle" from one side of the stage to the other.