[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I haven't got the energy now that I've hit 70, and one Vince Cable is quite enough
    I feel exactly the same. I'm tired of all this constant nastiness.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I feel exactly the same. I'm tired of all this constant nastiness.
    The nastiness is not surprising. The most ardent Leavers in the Tory Party included Iain Duncan Smith, John Redwood and Norman Tebbit, the policies and lack of compassion of whom once led Theresa May to quite rightly describe the Conservatives as being perceived as the Nasty Party.

Just as I predicted, Brexit has degenerated into a chaotic farce. Time to put a brake on the whole process until we can achieve some sort of consensus on how to proceed.

Just as I predicted, Brexit has degenerated into a chaotic farce. Time to put a brake on the whole process until we can achieve some sort of consensus on how to proceed.
    I know, 144man. Brexit is a mess. The whole thing might even collapse in on itself.

Name:  4CD60CA7-BE64-427B-9A4A-56D3B1BCA941.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  18.7 KB
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Only one year to go

ITV News have a Brexit countdown

All I have to say is welcome to American-style politics.

Considering the "Windrush Scandal" meant that legal residents were treated as illegal immigrants, this does not augur well for EU citizens in the UK after Brexit.

A former town mayor who has lived in Britain for nearly 40 years has been denied citizenship [Metro, May 24]. Inga Lockington, who was mayor of Ipswich in 2007, moved from Denmark when she got married in 1979, and was granted leave to remain for an indefinite period. The 66-year-old applied for UK citizenship after the Brexit vote, but it was denied by the Home Office.

Why does she have to worry about the possibility of being deported when Brexit becomes a reality? That's just plain nasty.

Considering the "Windrush Scandal" meant that legal residents were treated as illegal immigrants, this does not augur well for EU citizens in the UK after Brexit.

A former town mayor who has lived in Britain for nearly 40 years has been denied citizenship [Metro, May 24]. Inga Lockington, who was mayor of Ipswich in 2007, moved from Denmark when she got married in 1979, and was granted leave to remain for an indefinite period. The 66-year-old applied for UK citizenship after the Brexit vote, but it was denied by the Home Office.

Why does she have to worry about the possibility of being deported when Brexit becomes a reality? That's just plain nasty.
    Those c***s in the immigration department are now delaying or refusing to grant visas to relatives of those who died in the Grenfell fire tragedy whereas the relatives of those who died were supposed to be able to attend and pay tribute at the official enquiry.

When did the British "sense of fair play" become a thing of the past?

Boris Johnson was unreliable enough over Brexit. Now you can't even trust him to be able to post a letter

Only 36 days to go. Now both the Labour and Conservative parties have had defections to a new independent grouping.

If Trump gets elected for a second term, will there be any possibility of California trying to leave the USA?

HA! I forget about this thread. I remember, ages ago, I considered making a daily post on this thread, updating the forum on Brexit.

Boy am I glad I decided against that idea.

If Trump gets elected for a second term, will there be any possibility of California trying to leave the USA?
    It has been revealed in recent months that California (and Texas) trying to secede from the union was partly instigated by the Russians looking to disrupt our society with divisiveness.

It has been clear to me that the whole Brexit thing was influenced by a desire to keep non-Whites out of the country. And, again, we have found that it has been influenced by the Russians seeking to destabilize the west. It's working.

I don't know how Chairmen of the Board have managed to get involved in the Brexit debate, but the main headline on the front page of last Friday's Metro was "GIVE MAY JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME..."