[REMOVE ADS]

40th Anniversary of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking"! Rare Clip

Memories of the Summer of '76!

Where did the time go? LOL!

The audience seemed to be sitting on thier hands.

Did the Supremes perform I'm Gonna Le My Hear Do The Walking twice on he Merv Griffin show?

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Did the Supremes perform I'm Gonna Le My Hear Do The Walking twice on he Merv Griffin show?

I believe they performed it twice on the Dinah Show. Not sure of a second time on Merv.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Memories of the Summer of '76!

Wow, where to begin?

Over the years I've seen various clips of MSS performing this one and not once have I ever thought it sounded good. It's true you can't replicate live what you can in the studio. To me, it always comes across as a free-for-all, with Susaye and Scherrie always blowing Mary out of the water.

Perhaps it's the arrangement? Too slick and Vegas-y for a disco number.

And can we talk for a second how giant Mary looks compared to Susaye and Scherrie?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Wow, where to begin?

Over the years I've seen various clips of MSS performing this one and not once have I ever thought it sounded good. It's true you can't replicate live what you can in the studio. To me, it always comes across as a free-for-all, with Susaye and Scherrie always blowing Mary out of the water.

Perhaps it's the arrangement? Too slick and Vegas-y for a disco number.

And can we talk for a second how giant Mary looks compared to Susaye and Scherrie?
    Scherrie and Susaye are only little ladies and I do agree they looked a little odd with Mary but boy didn't they sound great?
    I don't think Mary was blown out of the water by Scherrie and Susaye. I never rated her as a vocalist until she tackled the ballads on the final three Supremes albums where she found her true forte. She was weaker on the uptempo material I agree.