[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight's Son Accused of Stealing From Glady's Chicken & Waffle Restaurants

Her restaurants were in the news a few weeks ago for health violations and this week the are in the news again.

Georgia Department of Revenue officials say the son of singer Gladys Knight is accused of stealing tax money from several metro Atlanta chicken and waffles restaurants for his personal use.

Department officials said in a statement that agents executed warrants at the restaurant's locations and headquarters Tuesday and tried unsuccessfully to arrest Shanga Hankerson.

Authorities say Hankerson is accused of stealing more than $650,000 in sales and withholding taxes for personal use. After penalties and interest, officials say the total amounts to more than $1 million.

Gladys Knight isn't suspected of any criminal activity.

A rep for Gladys said that she "lent her name to her son's restaurants in the Atlanta area, similar to a celebrity endorsement. Ms. Knight was not involved in any way with the operation of the restaurants and she is sure that her son and his business partners will rectify the situation."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainm...383886641.html
    Last edited by milven; 06-22-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Ya, right they'll rectify it. Probably like Donald Trump rectifies things - by going broke. Only time will tell.

Just because you were a successful singer once doesn't mean you necessarily have good offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    ...Just because you were a successful singer once doesn't mean you necessarily have good offspring.
    Especially if the off spring's father has a habit of managing singers like Toni Braxton and wife Gladys Knight and leaving them financially broke. Gladys' son clearly takes after his father Barry Hankerson .

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Especially if the off spring's father has a habit of managing singers like Toni Braxton and wife Gladys Knight and leaving them financially broke. Gladys' son clearly takes after his father Barry Hankerson .
    Yep, when I was reading this story I was to see if the son's name is Hankerson ha.

I would far prefer to discuss Gladys and her fabulous voice and music than tittle tattle about her wayward son. You cannot be held responsible for your childrens actions once they are grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would far prefer to discuss Gladys and her fabulous voice and music than tittle tattle about her wayward son. You cannot be held responsible for your childrens actions once they are grown up.
    So true. But Gladys should have known better than to lend her name to her son!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    So true. But Gladys should have known better than to lend her name to her son!
    I would trust all 6 of my children with my life. I guess Gladys thought the same.

I would trust all 6 of my children with my life. I guess Gladys thought the same.
    I love all my children equally and would do almost anything for them however as a parent you know your children like no body else. Just like I would leave my daughter to house sit when she was younger. I sure wouldn't have my son because I knew he would probably have all his friends over and have a party!! Lol
    Last edited by vgalindo; 06-25-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I love all my children equally and would do almost anything for them however as a parent you know your children like no body else. Just like I would leave my daughter to house sit when she was younger. I sure wouldn't have my son because I knew he would probably have all his friends over and have a party!! Lol
    I guess every parent has a lapse of judgement from time to time, but when you are a public figure it cannot stay in house. I feel for Gladys.

I guess every parent has a lapse of judgement from time to time, but when you are a public figure it cannot stay in house. I feel for Gladys.
    I do too. Gladys has always been one of my favorites.

Gladys let her son use her name but what mother wouldn't ? The bottom line is he stole from himself. That is what I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Gladys let her son use her name but what mother wouldn't ? The bottom line is he stole from himself. That is what I don't get.
    The tax collectors allege he stole from the people of Georgia and as happens in many cash businesses...put his fingers in the till before he calculated what he owed the State of Georgia in taxes...