[REMOVE ADS]

I couldn’t stand Lionel Richie.........

Then he made the best speech ever at an awards show you can’t see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-you-cant-see/

What's the point? We still can't hear the speech.

I believe the point was that the link [[at least for me) gave access to read the main highlights of Lionel's speech which indicated why the writer thought it was a good speech. Thank you, Marv.

my favorite regarding Nile Rogers...
    ....." Rodgers, who emanates cool, eternal youth and joy, picked up his guitar to blast through “Le Freak” and, with Sister Sledge [[yes!), “We Are Family.”By the way, did you know Rodgers wrote “I’m Coming Out” after running into six men dressed like Diana Ross in the men’s room of a transvestite bar? If you were sitting there Thursday night, now you do."..

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I believe the point was that the link [[at least for me) gave access to read the main highlights of Lionel's speech which indicated why the writer thought it was a good speech. Thank you, Marv.
    You are very welcome Jobucats!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    my favorite regarding Nile Rogers...
    ....." Rodgers, who emanates cool, eternal youth and joy, picked up his guitar to blast through “Le Freak” and, with Sister Sledge [[yes!), “We Are Family.”By the way, did you know Rodgers wrote “I’m Coming Out” after running into six men dressed like Diana Ross in the men’s room of a transvestite bar? If you were sitting there Thursday night, now you do."..
    Some really funny stuff.....LOL!

In the shallow self centered world we call showbusiness Lionel Richie personality shines like the strongest beacon. He is one of the most genuinely nicest people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting He is kind, considerate and very humble. I have worked with some absolute monsters in my time but Lionel is right up there with the very best.