[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Earth: A Excellent New Remix of "Get Ready"!!!

I have always loved their version of "Get Ready". Well here is a deluxe remix of this perennial JAM!:

Sorry but the Temptations original version beats this by a mile.

I love both of these versions. These are like the versions of Ain't No Mountain High Enough; same song but one version bears no relation or comparison to the other; it's so totally different. I was going to say I preferred Rare Earth and then I played the Temptations and found I could not say that. They are superlative equals.

Awesome grooves! Thanks for the links, guys...I'm jammin' along over here in Japan!

Tower Records in Osaka had an absolutely AMAZING soul / R&B section with Hip-O Select, P-Vine, Motown, and Stax selections galore...including some rather obscure discs. Haven't seen a record store that great in years, but I was kind of peeved that they were out of Stevie Wonder's "I Was Made To Love Her" SHM-CD pressing [[it's selling for $43 on Amazon US; about 2500 yen over here).

I also heard about a Tokyo-based chain, Disk Union, that has a large selection of new and used vinyl and CDs, including a soul store [[their Motown page is here). When I get over to Tokyo, I'll have to check it out.

Keep the great Motown links coming,

VCQ

The Disk Union site is awesome. There were finds by GC Cameron and Tata Vega on CD. There are loads of CD by an assortment of R&B/Black artists from the 60s through the present. An English language button could not be found to complete a transaction. The only other disappointment with the site was the availability of the Marginal reissues.

Enjoy your trip to Japan. Take the time to visit Tower [if there is still a store], HMV and some of the other large chains that are still operating. Try visiting some of the smaller vendors too. A few in the Shinjuku neighborhood were stumbled upon by accident.

Thanks for the info. I used to get some great stuff in Tokyo in my flying days. Not sure Ill get there again in the near future though. I do remember getting the Mowest ODYSSEY album on CD. Never released any where else...Paulo XXXX

My new best friend is Google Translate; I used it to complete an order on Disk Union without any problems [[you can install the Google Toolbar and set it to translate Japanese pages automatically).

I visited the Tower Records store in Osaka, but didn't check out the HMV store in Kyoto [[I will on my next trip, though). I've seen a few other smaller stores in my travels around Central Japan [[can't remember the name now, but there was a basement record store in Nara that had an awesome jazz selection). I'm not too far from Nagoya, which is Japan's third-largest city, so I'll check out the stores there in the near future and give you an update. I know they have a Tower and an HMV. Hopefully Motown treasures await!