This is a comment I did when I was part of a Yahoo group in 2004. I have such a wonderful memory of this show that i'd like to share this again.

On the street, I was offered 300 euros for my seat ! Never.
It was a sold out show with many fashion celebrity in the audience [[this was the washion week). Tom ford, diane von furstenberg, leon talley, Grace Jones and a few french celebrities.
The very chic public is from 35 to 65[[my appreciation of course). As I expected, she did her entrance from the back of the theater and received an hysterical ovation. I was first raw so if you are concerned by her look, I can swear that her orange central park body suit will fit perfectly.
The voice was as ever but maybe warmer very strong . The only problem I noticed, is when she have to hit energetic high notes. Even if she looked at prompters for her Supremes hits, she sang with great care, the songs were as close as it can be to the originals.
Her first standing ovation was for "the boss", than another after "chain reaction". It lasted for about 5 minutes [[that seemed endless). She choose this moments to talk a little about her. She expressed gratitude and explained that the show was called "this is it" because she was at a moment in her life where she no longer wanted to tour. She said something like "enjoy the moment because you never know what comes next".
During "touch me" she asked for Fran [[from her Dutch fan-club) to join her on the stage and presented him to the audience. After a funny strip tease during "upside down" she went for "when you tell me" with her pianist only. She made the others musiciens stop after few seconds in the intro. She gave a perfect rendition, her voice broke for the big moment and the note was thin, she was clearly crying. She said to the guitar player, "now you can do your thing" and he went for his solo.
She asked for requested songs so I yelled "reach out" to wich she replied wich one?
The jazz and blues selection saw an incredibly sensual Diana Ross in splendid voice.
For "my man" she started softly and went for a theatrical note à la Streisand ... Another standing ovation.
She returned to the stage in black with the band playing the intro of "do you know"...
"Maybe this is the moment I should do the songs you've asked me !" . The audience went crazy, yelling for songs "it's my turn, endless love, No one gets the prize". She had fun with the chao she provoked in her band and sound crew.

She asked for a stool and said she needed help for the notes. "when I can't , you sing !" .

She called her girl singer for the tempo and while on the stool she puts her arm around the waist of the girl, closed her eyes and started the should be classic "I'll be there". To end the songs she was joined by her 2 others singers and she did most of the higher notes.
Needless to say this was the biggest moments of the show.
then she went for full lenght "reach out and touch" and then "do you
know" and a very energetic "moutain" with the audience on their feet for the rest of the show. After "I will survive" she said "ok for another". Before "best years" she talked a long time saying sad things like she wanted to leave on a positive note and expressed her appreciation for the supportive uncritical audience that night . She remembered living in Paris for a year while preparing the "Josephine Baker story". She was very honest and private at the same time.
After the big ending of the song[[she did this one to perfection) she went for several ovations and with an incredible glamour she simply puts her mike on the floor and leave the stage.
So what ! I am very sad because she was crying a lot during ballads [[remenber me and reflexion) and even if she is happy with the applause it doesn't last.
But I am proud to love this great star, great singer and great lady and happy to be a part of this incredible emotinal show.