[REMOVE ADS]

Another TV Special for Diana

If Diana Ross did one more TV special before retirement, what would you want to see/hear? I think it would be interesting if she did a Christmas variety show. She could have celebrity guest stars, sing some Christmas songs [[I want her to do Grown-Up Christmas List and It's Christmastime - from her 1994 CD Making Spirits Bright - most of all).... At the end D.R. could come out and say that she has a special surprise. Mary and Cindy emerge from both sides of the stage, and they do a medley of the Supremes hits. I wonder if the other Supremes would agree to appear, too....

They would absolutely love to!

Great idea! You never know!

topdiva1 Guest
    Ms. Ross like so many other great legends, never retire - they just carry on!!!

smark21 Guest
    What a Christmas present it would be for Supremes fans if it were to happen! We could spend the next 40 years analyzing the looks on Diana and Mary's faces and wonder if there was tension, anger and hatred in their exchanges and speculate if one or the other was trying to upstage the other girls and hog the spotlight.

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    What a Christmas present it would be for Supremes fans if it were to happen! We could spend the next 40 years analyzing the looks on Diana and Mary's faces and wonder if there was tension, anger and hatred in their exchanges and speculate if one or the other was trying to upstage the other girls and hog the spotlight.

LMAO! And deciding who was the fattest, prettiest, blandest, meanest, nicest, most talented, no talented, and ..

topdiva1 Guest
    I would not be surprised if Ms Ross's current tour ends up on TV in some shape or form. It would make for a great network special.

Diva, dont you think it is too late for that, even for Miss Ross. I know there isnt enough interest for almost all the old Motown acts, but I'm thinking it's even too late for Lionel, Diana and Stevie; maybe if they did something together. Or am I being too pessimistic?

miss_lish Guest
    She probably could do it on like a VH-1 or something; however, at this point the best we can hope for is a DVD. Although, should her duet with Evan bring her back into the mainstream, now we're talkin'!

Unless she comes up with a big hit, I think a network special is probably a dream. I would think a cable or PBS special or a concert dvd is more likely.

Plus the days of great tv specials like TCB, DIANA!, diana [[1981), and her others have unfortunately passed. Nowadays it seems as if specials are just edited versions of concerts, with some behind the scenes footage thrown in. No special song choices, no interaction with guest stars via skits, duets, etc.
    Last edited by reese; 01-01-2011 at 09:31 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diva, dont you think it is too late for that, even for Miss Ross. I know there isnt enough interest for almost all the old Motown acts, but I'm thinking it's even too late for Lionel, Diana and Stevie; maybe if they did something together. Or am I being too pessimistic?
    You could be right - TOGETHER - Diana, Stevie, and Lionel - would most likely generate interest without any problem, I would like to believe.

It is even more highly unlikely that Lionel Ritchie will ever work with her again.

I watched Oprah the other day talk about her new network OWN! It's going to be a very positive network for positive people and it will inspire many. I think a Diana Ross Special on OWN is a natural, sponsored by AVON of course, and it would be a runaway hit.

Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! You have some good posts; you give me a good laugh. Avon indeed! Isn't Diana Ross a MAC Girl?

We can dream? xxxx

http://www.ecrater.com/p/6498888/avo...e-by-billy-dee
    And, I'm sure Diana would be wearing Avon's Billy Dee Williams cologne!

after what Miss Ross put VH1 through on the last special I highly doubt they would work with her again...and she fell out with Mac before the campaign ever really got started to..Im a Diana fan but thats the truth..

Quote Originally Posted by koach View Post
    if diana ross did one more tv special before retirement, what would you want to see/hear? I think it would be interesting if she did a christmas variety show. She could have celebrity guest stars, sing some christmas songs [[i want her to do grown-up christmas list and it's christmastime - from her 1994 cd making spirits bright - most of all).... At the end d.r. Could come out and say that she has a special surprise. Mary and cindy emerge from both sides of the stage, and they do a medley of the supremes hits. I wonder if the other supremes would agree to appear, too....
    haaaaaa,and then otis,dennis and richard would come out from behind another curtain and do a temps medley....let it go ain't gonna happen!!

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    after what Miss Ross put VH1 through on the last special I highly doubt they would work with her again...and she fell out with Mac before the campaign ever really got started to..Im a Diana fan but thats the truth..

OoooooO! You don't say?! What happened with MAC? Do tell..!

..If memory serves me correctly it was something to do with quality control or not meeting her "standards"..Im sure someone else will have more details..she made one public apperance for the range and then the whole thing was canned just as it started..im pretty sure she pulled the plug on the deal and mac had to write off the whole deal as a loss..which is a shame as that picture promoting the line in the long brown hair [[not the curly one) ranks as one of the best photos ever taken of her...

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    ..If memory serves me correctly it was something to do with quality control or not meeting her "standards"..Im sure someone else will have more details..she made one public apperance for the range and then the whole thing was canned just as it started..im pretty sure she pulled the plug on the deal and mac had to write off the whole deal as a loss..which is a shame as that picture promoting the line in the long brown hair [[not the curly one) ranks as one of the best photos ever taken of her...

It is a beautiful photo, no doubt, but I thought they airbrushed here into Jennifer Lopez oblivion on that one.

ohh..Jennifer Lopez oblivion how cruel..to be fair Ive seen video footage of the shoot and she looks even more gorgeous than the photo she was just radant that day..I have to defend that photo as straight men and drag queens who come to my apartment see it and melt...

What is with Miss Ross nothing meets her standards. I remember her Simplicity patterns and stocking in the store were there for a month and then gone, she couldnt get the Josephine Baker Story off of the ground when she announced it. When I heard she was going to be a spokesperson for MAC I knew something was going to go wrong and lo and behold it did and there is always a measure of her wanting a certain control of something and you never hear about it again. Strange.

it was something so trivial like she didnt like a powder colour or something and the whole deal fell apart..but thats just the way she is its her way or the high way as VH1 learned..but that comic book character poster was lame so she was right to put her foot down about that..however she was wrong about the DAT machine she insisted on using as she and VH1 were soon to discover...

miss_lish Guest
    Miss Ross makes many decisions that leave Miss Lish scratching her head. RTL comes to mind. A Supremes reunion without the original Supremes. I know, I know, it later became a tribute to "music". But come on. Also, I should add, that there are times when I don't understand her decision making process, but later on, facts will come to light that explain in fully. A certain back part singer come to light. Throwing this in, just as consideration that we are not always privvy to all the facts that go on behind the scenes.

wasnt it Linda on Oprah and she didnt know when she joined the group and had to be promted ? now that was cringe worthy..

..and having said that the woman can then turn around and do Its My Turn on the spur of the moment and create magic..

Yes!, that would make my Spirits Bright also!, who do we need to ask?......Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    What is with Miss Ross nothing meets her standards. I remember her Simplicity patterns and stocking in the store were there for a month and then gone, she couldnt get the Josephine Baker Story off of the ground when she announced it. When I heard she was going to be a spokesperson for MAC I knew something was going to go wrong and lo and behold it did and there is always a measure of her wanting a certain control of something and you never hear about it again. Strange.
    She likes to show out at any given opportunity. There will be no more television specials for her! There is no interest and who needs the headache?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Priceless.

I guess I am in the minority because I have no interest in seeing a Supremes reunion of sorts. "Return to Love" was very satisfying. I thought Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence were perfect. To me, though both ladies are virtually the same age as Mary and Cindy, they looked like younger, more vibrant versions of Mary and Florence.....especially in light of their rather embarrassing appearance at Motown 45, with Kelly Rowland.

Quote Originally Posted by ExGuyParis View Post
    Priceless.
    I don't think even the Baby Jesus could bring about a reunion of Diana, Mary and Cindy.

Penny
    AVON Rep.

All I'll say is don't hold your breath for this one.

When what freezes over?