[REMOVE ADS]

The Kell Osborne Story

Before there were the Temptations, there were the Primes! Here's the story of one of the original members of the Primes.

http://www.soulunderground.co.uk/Sou...rne_Story.html

honest man Guest
    Thank you Marv for the post, i love Kell Osbourne, never seem to find much info on him,would love to see a complete anthology on him ,ACE-KENT,don't see it happening though, i have tried to build a collection on him,love QUICKSAND/LONELY BOY SONG, he has strong vocals, thanks again Marv,happy new year,cheers.

Thanks for that Marv, that is my article and my site. Took me nearly two years to track Kell down on the West Coast. I did arrange via Ady Croasdell for him to come to the UK to perform but he was taken ill and couldn't fly.

Arthur Wright is/was planning a cd of Kell's 60's output. Bear in mind though Kell hadn't heard some of his records since the 60's until I played them down the phone to him, The Highland release, A Law Against A Heartbreaker, and the New Bag - Small Things two that spring to mind. I doubt masters exist of the Highland release, I know of only three demo copies. I'll speak to Arthur and see if he's got any further with the project. I did send him a cd of all Kell's 60's recordings.

As for the site, need to do some work on it not happy with how it looks but thanks for the plug.

happy New Year.

Great post,i didn't know that kell did any work after the primes!

Honest Man, Chalky you are welcome. This is what we are suppose to be about here at Soulful Detroit,learning, sharing and enjoying. Thank you chalky for such a wonderrful article.

Arrr&bee/JAI I wonder what Kell thinks about this upcoming film about his old friend Florence Ballard. I also would love to know what he thought about being cut out of the "The Temptations" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    honest man, chalky you are welcome. This is what we are suppose to be about here at soulful detroit,learning, sharing and enjoying. Thank you chalky for such a wonderrful article.

Arrr&bee/jai i wonder what kell thinks about this upcoming film about his old friend florence ballard. I also would love to know what he thought about being cut out of the "the temptations" movie.
    hey marv,alot of things were cut out of the temps movie and it would be great to hear from kel!

The Motown Alumni [[I think) have been in touch with Kell so he told me to mark his contribution and recognise his part in the early Temptations history.

I've got to speak to Kell when I get the chance so if you have any questions shout up and I'll ask.

olamaebarto Guest
    Kelly Osborne has really come a long way. She's looks wonderful these days.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    the motown alumni [[i think) have been in touch with kell so he told me to mark his contribution and recognise his part in the early temptations history.

I've got to speak to kell when i get the chance so if you have any questions shout up and i'll ask.
    why did kel leave the primes and did he know otis?

I've been in touch with Kell recently and he left the Primes/Detroit as he was tired of being part of a group after some 5 years. He wanted to do his own thing. He knew Otis.

He has a new cd single out, not sure if it has been issued yet but as soon as I know when and where you can get it I will shout up. He has formed his own label [[Kell Records) and own publishing company. There should be a CD out soon of his 60's output, this was/is being done with Arthur Wright. I had to pass on some of the rare tracks to him to complete [[Highland one in particular).

There is still a CD of newer material available on Arthur's site.... http://arthurgwright.com/kell/

honest man Guest
    great stuff look forward to a 60s comp on Kell,chalky keep us posted on that project, you have just made my day . cheers and thank you.