[REMOVE ADS]

Question Syderia Publishing Co. [[BMI) - Any Info

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum - what a wonderful resource for information about such IMPORTANT music!

I have a long career of licensing music for film & television, and I have been looking into many Detroit labels and publishers recently. One name that keeps coming around is Syderia Publishing Co.

I can't seem to find any contact information for them, and after speaking with BMI - I came up empty again. I'd love to learn more about the history, and get in touch with the current owner. I also believe that they should update their info with BMI, since the office was completely flummoxed.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?...erytype=WorkID

Thanks so much! Looking forward to being a part of these conversations.

Best,

Jacob Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by fervorrecords View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum - what a wonderful resource for information about such IMPORTANT music!

I have a long career of licensing music for film & television, and I have been looking into many Detroit labels and publishers recently. One name that keeps coming around is Syderia Publishing Co.

I can't seem to find any contact information for them, and after speaking with BMI - I came up empty again. I'd love to learn more about the history, and get in touch with the current owner. I also believe that they should update their info with BMI, since the office was completely flummoxed.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?...erytype=WorkID

Thanks so much! Looking forward to being a part of these conversations.

Best,

Jacob Nathan
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  21.1 KB
    You came to the right place! I have your answer!

Originally, Syderia Music was the personal publisher for Diamond Jim Riley's record labels: Riley's, Diamond Jim, and Big D. He was murdered in 1971. So, I don't know who ended up with the ownership rights and masters. I can direct you to discographies of those 3 labels, if you wish.
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-18-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Views: 211
Size:  21.1 KBI
    If you Google "Syderia Music - Detroit" look for 2 or 3 listings of Soulful Detroit Forum threads on which I and other Detroit Soul experts discussed Diamond Jim Riley's labels. If you can't find them, I'll post links to them, later.
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-17-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks for this - very helpful. I'm going to keep digging [[I'm local) and see if I can turn up more info on a possible estate. Very interesting history here.

Thanks again!

Views: 215
    Here's a link to one of our threads on Diamond Jim Riley's 3 labels:

http://faac.us/adf/messages/150056/8...tml?1144544655

Views: 217
    Diamond Jim Riley had been a boxer and fight promoter. He was murdered by his own bodyguard in 1971.

Thanks Robb!

Do you happen to know anything about Shirley Harris?

HARRIS SHIRLEY

CURRENT AFFILIATION: BMI CAE/IPI #: 40820711