[REMOVE ADS]

15 of the best Motown songs you've likely never heard

Have all of them and have always loved them. I thought the Miracles Whole Lot Of Shaking was a bigger hit than it was

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    Have all of them and have always loved them. I thought the Miracles Whole Lot Of Shaking was a bigger hit than it was
    Some these songs were regional hits when I was growing up.

Mighty pleased that the Velvelettes "BIrd In the Hand " was at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Mighty pleased that the Velvelettes "BIrd In the Hand " was at the top of the list.
    What a widely distributed list like this should do is cause people to listen to these songs and perhaps buy them now.

The image of the 1967 Brenda Holloway single "Just Look What You've Done" shows the old world label but I have this single on the newer brown logo label. We're these singles release during the change in label design as I thought this happened later, during 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    The image of the 1967 Brenda Holloway single "Just Look What You've Done" shows the old world label but I have this single on the newer brown logo label. We're these singles release during the change in label design as I thought this happened later, during 1968.
    I'm not sure. Someone?

I read where the box logo first appeared with release # 54139. The logo in the video was most likely old label stock that had to be used before switching to the newer label. My guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I read where the box logo first appeared with release # 54139. The logo in the video was most likely old label stock that had to be used before switching to the newer label. My guess anyway.
    Now that makes sense because I know they were like that at Motown. Waste not, want not! LOL!