[REMOVE ADS]

Beware Of A Stranger - Tammi Terrell

I'm STILL in total awe of just how entertaining the "Come On & See Me - Complete Solo Collection of Tammi Terrell is! Down-right addicting. So many favorites that it's almost impossible to single one out.

For now though, I HAVE to talk about "Beware Of A Stranger". HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN BLOWN AWAY BY THIS TRACK?? Tammi KILLS it thoroughly. It starts out very Diana-esque -and that ain't bad. Then while maintaining its supreme level of sophistication, it morphs into quite a funky little dance number... guaranteed to get a crowd on its feet when ya crank it up the way it's meant to be enjoyed!

What a HIT this would've been, and yet another hint that none of us can even imagine the heights that this timeless talent would've scaled given more time. This song -and this SET can't help but make music lovers even more thankful for what we HAVE from Tammi Terrell though. With the release of this collection the glass is finally half FULL!

I love this too. However, I never understood why Cant Stop Now was never issued as a 45. Has SMASH all over it. Even the normally savy Northern Soul DJs seemed to shy away from this.Whatever, I love it....Paulo xxx

I've always though Can't Stop Now was a superb track and can't understand why it wasn't a single and why not a Northern smash? One of Tammi's best for me.

PositiveSoul...you are so right! ".......Stranger" is remarkable...as well as so many other tracks. I'm still mesmerized by the live performance....Tammi's performance of the songs and the stage patter with Scott Regan. Harry did such an incredible job mixing the set [[and with help on some)....I can't imagine ANY other collection topping this one...unless our UME buddies happen to find more Tammi among the stacks.

Johnny that would take the cake -& ice cream too, lol. It seems crazy but Tammi continues to surprise me to this day with her level of talent & artistic conviction... yet she never seems like she's over-trying. Just naturally gets it all right. Looking forward to the show tonight!

PSoul...so RIGHT again! Glad to be seeing you later! Happy New Year!

Anybody else think that Rita Wright nailed this one perfectly?

Sounds like one to add to the LONG list for Midnite Johnny. °wink°

Tammi supposedly recorded a version of Why Did He Have To Leave Me that I'd love to hear if it exists and was finished.