[REMOVE ADS]

Special Duet Live - Andy Gibb and Gladys Knight & the Pips

Here's a great duet....it actually works! LOL!

Marv, it does work. we all know of the Barry Gibb duets with Barbara, but this is a new one for me. Andy Gibb - Gone Too Soon, what a tragic young life lost as it was.

I worked with Andy briefly. He was a nice guy and what happened to him was a real tragedy. He lived in his brothers shadow but he had great charisma and star quality and I thought he would have been huge until the demon drugs took over.
    I have never seen this clip so thank you for posting.

Andy did seem to duet with a lot of people. For me Gladys sounds at her soulful, majestic best here with Andy trying his best to keep up. Not as bad as it sounds on paper though.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 04-29-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Andy did seem to duet with a lot of people. For me Gladys sounds at her soulful, majestic best here with Andy trying his best to keep up. Not as bad as it sounds on paper though.
    Andy was better than he thought he was. What he lacked was confidence. He didn't think he had the talent to compete with his brothers and these feelings of self doubt contributed to his downward spiral. Barry Gibb once told me that he thought Andy would eventually emulate his brothers. He genuinely believed that but Andy did not. Had he lived i think he could have been something special once he matured, but believe me he was a quiet, unassuming guy with no self belief. I did not know of this clip but the likes of Karen Carpenter, Diana Ross, Olivia Newton John and Dionne Warwick thought he was adorable, which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Marv, it does work. we all know of the Barry Gibb duets with Barbara, but this is a new one for me. Andy Gibb - Gone Too Soon, what a tragic young life lost as it was.
    Andy Gibb was a good singer, very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Andy Gibb was a good singer, very underrated.
    Underrated by who? I thought he had done rather well.

Underrated by who? I thought he had done rather well.
    I don't think he was underrated. He had to live in the shadow of his brothers and ultimately he paid a very high price for that.

Gladys has to be given a good deal of credit in that she has the talent to make just about any duet with another artists sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Gladys has to be given a good deal of credit in that she has the talent to make just about any duet with another artists sound good.
    I agree with that one. Her voice is so unique and filled with emotion. Gladys always but always gets to the heart of any song she sings whether solo or as a duet. She could even make me sound good..... Not that i'm that bad!!
    I adore her live version of "A House Is Not A Home" from 2000. Wonderful stuff.

I agree with that one. Her voice is so unique and filled with emotion. Gladys always but always gets to the heart of any song she sings whether solo or as a duet. She could even make me sound good..... Not that i'm that bad!!
    I adore her live version of "A House Is Not A Home" from 2000. Wonderful stuff.
    Gladys is the best and is incapable of giving a bad performance. I look forward to seeing her in July.