[REMOVE ADS]

Billy Paul Passed....

This afternoon

Websites suggest this may not be true - there have been hoax reports about Billy's death. I truly hope so.

Very sorry to hear of Billy's passing. He was a favorite. Rest in peace Billy and thanks man.

Marv

You may be right.....I was not aware of the earlier false reports. I saw it reported on WDAS and on Soultracks.

Damn! Can we start the year over? And the year isn't even half-over. I hope this is another false report.

Billy Paul has indeed passed away...It's been verified by friends who have spoken to his wife and manager...Terrific artist, and his wife Blanche used to be a regular here at Soulful Detroit...RIP

Here is the song that seemed like it was number one forever during the Winter of 1972-73.........

That C-word strikes again! So many icons from different eras and genres have left us. I'm dreading the summer months now!

Rest in peace Billy. You were a friend, a professional, and a truly talented individual.
    Condolences to your family and friends.

Russell Thompkins Jr.

What such sad news to wake up to here in England this Monday morning as the story only broke late last night, a truly talented man and so genuine each time I met him. I never thought that Billy was now in his 80's, times we forget we are all getting older.

Deepest Condolences to Family & Friends at this most sad time, how Billy do we start to say Thanks suffieciently for the joy you brought us for so many years, what a journey, Rest in Peace Dear Friend.

I've just woken up and read the news here. I'm just shocked.

RIP Billy Paul. Thank you for the music.

Sad news indeed. This constant stream of losses in the entertainment world is numbing and hard to take in. Thanks Billy for your artistry and great recordings.

I am very saddened by this news. Billy was one of my favourite male performers and I had the great honour of working with him on a few occasions. As well as being a superbly distinctive vocalist we was also a true gentleman and a real pleasure to be around. He was wonderful in concert and despite his illness he continued touring until quite recently. My heart is heavy. It is especially sad coming just days after Prince passed away. Thank you for the music and the friendship Mr Paul. God bless you.

I'm sorry to hear about this also. My favorites Paul songs are on the War of the Gods album.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this also. My favorites Paul songs are on the War of the Gods album.
    I loved so much of his stuff, his very different voice and Gamble and Huff's exquisite productions sitting together perfectly. Here's one I came rather late to... from 1976 but I didn't hear it until a Barcelona holiday in 2011!

He was smoother than silk, mane...

A most appropriate song at this time.....................

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Since my favorite Billy Paul tracks are The Whole Town's Talking and Thanks For Saving My Life, I guess mine are too!

Jim